Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hardware
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Hardware Post 4772 by nonbarye on Tuesday 31st of July 2001 08:49:40 AM
Old 07-31-2001
if you search
"OPEN Boot PROM parameters" keyword in yahoo,
you will reach this information.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

hardware 3d

How do I check my system to see if the graphics are using hardware 3d suport or not. I have a TNT2 on RH 7.1 kernel 2.4.9-?(can't remember off top of my head)I'm running all the latest updates from RH. Also I now have a dvd drive and I am trying to find a player that will play all movies and not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MaxCat
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Per and Hardware

Is it possible to use Perl to work with hardware? Or is it strictly for text processing. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Luftwaffe
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

identify hardware

Does anyone know a good script/tool for remote identification of hardware on a linux-based system (RH9/NLD) ? I'd like to know all the specifics like amount of memory, motherboard vendor, chipset and so on.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrickb
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

Hardware Recommendation

My J-Class system seems to have killed its onboard NIC. Does anyone have any good suggestions for a *cost effective* :p NIC for this machine? I am currently running 11i v1 on it, and have available PCI-X 5v slots. Alternatively, perhaps someone knows of where I might find a list of supported... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ipaddict
1 Replies

5. UNIX Benchmarks

HP hardware benchmark

CPU: 1 x PA8600, 440MHz RAM: 1GB Hardware model: 9000/800/N4000-44 BYTE UNIX Benchmarks (Version 3.11) System -- HP-UX xxx B.11.11 U 9000/800 615379343 unlimited-user license Start Benchmark Run: Tue Apr 4 05:43:42 IST 2006 1 interactive users. Dhrystone 2 without register... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blowtorch
0 Replies

6. Programming

Hardware information

How would I write a program in C that prints out the hardware the current computer has? And what about information about it? Thank you for your time. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cubics
4 Replies

7. Programming

C and hardware !

Hello ! I have a friend , in one day he tell me this : some guy made a cool program in C , for some sort or hardware control . I say : wow ! Maybe someone , can give me an example , how can C control hardware so good ( as I hear ) , and maybe some cool information , where to learn the idea ,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: !_30
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Hardware

Hi, I'm looking to run Sun Solaris 8 or 9, but have been running windows :mad: .can anyone give me advice about the hardware needed for solaris and possably any software i may need, the type of model and where i may be able to buy these within the uk. :confused: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: franz
3 Replies

9. AIX

New Hardware

Can someone help me with what I am guessing is a simple job for an AIX admin. However I am 100% HP-UX and not touched AIX before the start of this week. I am trying to connect an IBM Blade (JS22) to our HP Enterprise Tape Library. I have done all the SAN zoning and this appears to be happy... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andyp2704
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Hardware faulty, but which hardware?

Hi folk, I have this hardware faunty message, but dont know which hardware is this ? can you guide me ? --------------- ------------------------------------ -------------- --------- TIME EVENT-ID MSG-ID SEVERITY ---------------... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dehetoxic
9 Replies
ddi_prop_get_int(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 				      ddi_prop_get_int(9F)

NAME
ddi_prop_get_int, ddi_prop_get_int64, - lookup integer property SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int ddi_prop_get_int(dev_t match_dev, dev_info_t *dip, uint_t flags, char *name, int defvalue); int64_t ddi_prop_get_int64(dev_t match_dev, dev_info_t *dip, uint_t flags, char *name, int64_t defvalue); PARAMETERS
match_dev Device number associated with property or DDI_DEV_T_ANY. dip Pointer to the device info node of device whose property list should be searched. flags Possible flag values are some combination of: DDI_PROP_DONTPASS Do not pass request to parent device information node if property not found. DDI_PROP_NOTPROM Do not look at PROM properties (ignored on platforms that do not support PROM properties). name String containing the name of the property. defvalue An integer value that is returned if the property cannot be found. INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). DESCRIPTION
The ddi_prop_get_int() and ddi_prop_get_int64() functions search for an integer property and, if found, returns the value of the property. Properties are searched for based on the dip, name, match_dev, and the type of the data (integer). The property search order is as follows: 1. Search software properties created by the driver. 2. Search the software properties created by the system (or nexus nodes in the device info tree). 3. Search the driver global properties list. 4. If DDI_PROP_NOTPROM is not set, search the PROM properties (if they exist). 5. If DDI_PROP_DONTPASS is not set, pass this request to the parent device information node. 6. Return defvalue. Usually, the match_dev argument should be set to the actual device number that this property is associated with. However, if the match_dev argument is DDI_DEV_T_ANY, then ddi_prop_get_int() and ddi_prop_get_int() will match the request regardless of the match_dev the property was created with. If a property was created with match_dev set to DDI_DEV_T_NONE, then the only way to look up this property is with a match_dev set to DDI_DEV_T_ANY. PROM properties are always created with match_dev set to DDI_DEV_T_NONE. name must always be set to the name of the property being looked up. The return value of the routine is the value of the property. If the property is not found, the argument defvalue is returned as the value of the property. ddi_prop_get_int64() will not search the PROM for 64-bit property values. RETURN VALUES
ddi_prop_get_int() and ddi_prop_get_int64() return the value of the property. If the property is not found, the argument defvalue is returned. If the property is found, but cannot be decoded into an int or an int64, then DDI_PROP_NOT_FOUND is returned. CONTEXT
ddi_prop_get_int() and ddi_prop_get_int64() can be called from user or kernel context. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using ddi_prop_get_int() The following example demonstrates the use of ddi_prop_get_int(). /* * Get the value of the integer "width" property, using * our own default if no such property exists */ width = ddi_prop_get_int(xx_dev, xx_dip, 0, "width", XX_DEFAULT_WIDTH); SEE ALSO
ddi_prop_exists(9F), ddi_prop_lookup(9F), ddi_prop_remove(9F), ddi_prop_update(9F) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 25 Aug 2001 ddi_prop_get_int(9F)