Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PIpe Spy
Top Forums Programming PIpe Spy Post 47699 by jodders on Tuesday 17th of February 2004 09:05:13 AM
Old 02-17-2004
hey guys,thanks for a all your help,but i cant seem to get it working.i created prog1 and prog2 has a .txt file,and i keep getting

aspasia$ prog1.txt | tee -a myfile.dat | prog2.txt
-bash: prog1.txt: command not found
-bash: prog2.txt: command not found

any suggestions?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

"SPY" script - please help

hello guys, I'm in need of some help with a certain script. The link to my assignment is below...any and all advice/pointers/suggestions will be greatly appreciated. thanx, Jake Axon http://www.cs.uic.edu/~i101/mp6.html (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Axon
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Game spy arcade for halo and macintosh?

I need help i heard you can play halo over online and you have a macintosh version where can I get it please respond (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: memattmyself
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i-spy for UNIX - What is it??

I'm just after finding a file resding in my temporary directory(/tmp) on my machine called 'i-spy' This file is owned by root and ordinary muppets like me cant delete it, open or even do a more or cat on it. I'm running Solaris 2.6 on a Sun Ultra 5. Can anyone out there give me a good... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kanu77
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Can we spy a tty session?

First of all, in no way I want to use this to hack / cheat / steal etc ... I am an admin of a couple of hundred users which are 99,8% > 500miles away from me and to facilitate some administration part I would like to be able to "spy" what they are doing in there sessions, live. ex: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: plmachiavel
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace pipe with Broken Pipe

Hi All , Is there any way to replace the pipe ( | ) with the broken pipe (0xA6) in unix (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saj
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore Pipe in Pipe delimited file?

Hi guys, I need to know how i can ignore Pipe '|' if Pipe is coming as a column in Pipe delimited file for eg: file 1: xx|yy|"xyz|zzz"|zzz|12... using below awk command awk 'BEGIN {FS=OFS="|" } print $3 i would get xyz But i want as : xyz|zzz to consider as whole column... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
13 Replies
syscallbyproc.d(1m)						   USER COMMANDS					       syscallbyproc.d(1m)

NAME
syscallbyproc.d - syscalls by process name. Uses DTrace. SYNOPSIS
syscallbyproc.d DESCRIPTION
syscallbyproc.d is a DTrace OneLiner to a report of the number of system calls made by process name. This is useful to identify which process is causing the most system calls. Docs/oneliners.txt and Docs/Examples/oneliners_examples.txt in the DTraceToolkit contain this as a oneliner that can be cut-n-paste to run. Since this uses DTrace, only users with root privileges can run this command. EXAMPLES
This samples until Ctrl-C is hit. # syscallbyproc.d FIELDS
first field This is the process name. There may be several PIDs that have the same process name, for example with numerous instances of "bash". The value reported will be the sum of them all. second field This is the count, the number of system calls made. DOCUMENTATION
See the DTraceToolkit for further documentation under the Docs directory. The DTraceToolkit docs may include full worked examples with ver- bose descriptions explaining the output. EXIT
syscallbyproc.d will sample until Ctrl-C is hit. AUTHOR
Brendan Gregg [Sydney, Australia] SEE ALSO
procsystime(1M), dtrace(1M), truss(1) version 1.00 May 15, 2005 syscallbyproc.d(1m)