Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Sockets donot send any thing to client Post 4767 by qodoc on Tuesday 31st of July 2001 06:47:21 AM
Old 07-31-2001
does this help?

how about figuring out whether your computer is running the telnet service. check your inetd configuration.

also check whether you loopback connection is up.

thx.
qodoc

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send attachment to web-based email client using mailx

hi, i am trying to send mail with attachment to web-based email client like gmail.com using mailx. the problem is it is displayed in content rather than as attachment. the code i am using is as follows, uuencode test1.txt test1.txt | mailx -s "test only" aaaa@gmail.com does anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: randomcz1
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to send mail from server to client's email-id

i want to send email from server to the client's email-id. server is solaris. please help me out.i want to send mail to the email-id not to the var/spool/mail. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: parmeet
8 Replies

3. Programming

UDP socket - can both client and server recv and send

Hi, Am very new to socket programming. When we use UDP sockets to communicate between two processess, will both the client/server socket be able to send/recv ? meaning can sendto()/ recvfrom() be used on both server and client? It could be useful even if anybody provide some link on socket... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rvan
1 Replies

4. Programming

How to acknowledge from client to server in sockets

Hi all, i am having a doubt regarding how to get the acknowledgement(reply) from client to server & how to recieve at the server....imagine there r 8 frames...we have to send first 4frames at a time and after tat we have to receive and ack and only after receiving an ack we have to send... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rohil
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to allow roaming client to send mails via its mail server

Hi folks OS- Debian Etch Xen postfix courier perdition perdition-mysql MySQL Single public IP Dom0 - Debian Etch workstation Server-1, domU1 for routing with perdition and perdition-mysql installed Server-2, domU2, mail server for domain-A Server-3, domU3, mail server for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
2 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Client/server atm with sockets

Hello everyone!I would appreciate any help you could give me,I have to make a program of an atm machine using client server sockets and semaphores.I know how to construct an ATM in c++ but don't know anything about unix c.The problem is that Don't know what to do and how to link the two programs... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamanas
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Configuring send mail client in solaris 10

Dear all, We have SMTP server in our organization & i want to send e-mails from solaris machine using sendmail ... in which file i need to put the smtp server ip, username & passwd.. kindly help ....... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwanathhcl
4 Replies

8. Programming

sockets - can you send data while waiting on select()

Hey guys, Is it possible to have a worker thread send data out a TCP connection while another thread is waiting using using select() on that same connection? If not, then what is the correct way to maintain a connection, react to incoming data, and send data over a TCP connection? Thanks... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: scubanarc
16 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuring mail to send email from server to client

Hi, I want to send an email from server to my gmail account for all critical messages reported in the server. Kindly help me in configuring the same. Regards Rochit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
1 Replies

10. IP Networking

Packetize data to send it over tcp sockets

Hello All, I am very new to socket programming and client server architecture. I have to write a client which will send some data to server and server will display it on its console. I am ready with both client and server but my problem is with packetizing of data -- I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
1 Replies
inetconv(1M)                                              System Administration Commands                                              inetconv(1M)

NAME
inetconv - convert inetd.conf entries into smf service manifests, import them into smf repository SYNOPSIS
inetconv -? inetconv [-f] [-n] [-i srcfile] [-o destdir] inetconv -e [-n] [-i srcfile] DESCRIPTION
The inetconv utility converts a file containing records of inetd.conf(4) into smf(5) service manifests, and then import those manifests into the smf repository. Once the inetd.conf file has been converted, the only way to change aspects of an inet service is to use the inetadm(1M) utility. There is a one-to-one correspondence between a service line in the input file and the manifest generated. By default, the manifests are named using the following template: <svcname>-<proto>.xml The <svcname> token is replaced by the service's name and the <proto> token by the service's protocol. Any slash (/) characters that exist in the source line for the service name or protocol are replaced with underscores (_). The service line is recorded as a property of the converted service. During the conversion process, if a service line is found to be malformed or to be for an internal inetd service, no manifest is generated and that service line is skipped. The input file is left untouched by the conversion process. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -? Display a usage message. -e Enable smf services which are listed in the input file. -f If a service manifest of the same name as the one to be generated is found in the destination directory, inetconv will overwrite that manifest if this option is specified. Otherwise, an error message is generated and the conversion of that service is not performed. -i srcfile Permits the specification of an alternate input file srcfile. If this option is not specified, then the inetd.conf(4) file is used as input. -n Turns off the auto-import of the manifests generated during the conversion process. Later, if you want to import a generated manifest into the smf(5) repository, you can do so through the use of the svccfg(1M) utility. If the -e option is specified, the -n option only displays the smf services that would be enabled. -o Permits the specification of an alternate destination directory destdir for the generated manifests. If this option is not specified, then the manifests are placed in /var/svc/manifest/network/rpc, if the service is a RPC service, or /var/svc/manifest/network other- wise. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Generating smf Manifests from inetd.conf The following command generates smf(5) manifests from inetd.conf(4) and places them in /var/tmp, overwriting any preexisting manifests of the same name, and then imports them into the smf repository. # inetconv -f -o /var/tmp 100232/10 -> /var/tmp/100232_10-rpc_udp.xml Importing 100232_10-rpc_udp.xml ...Done telnet -> /var/tmp/telnet-tcp6.xml Importing telnet-tcp6.xml ...Done Example 2: Generating Manifests from an Alternate Input File The following command specifies a different input file and does not load the resulting manifests into the smf repository. # inetconv -n -i /export/test/inet.svcs -o /var/tmp 100232/10 -> /var/tmp/100232_10-rpc_udp.xml telnet -> /var/tmp/telnet-tcp6.xml EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Operation completed successfully (no errors). 1 Invalid options specified. 2 One or more service lines are malformed, and thus no manifest(s) were generated for them. 3 An error occurred importing one or more of the generated manifests. 4 A system error occurred. FILES
/var/svc/manifest/network/{rpc}/<svcname>-<proto>.xml default output manifest file name ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
inetadm(1M), inetd(1M), svccfg(1M), inetd.conf(4), attributes(5), smf(5) SunOS 5.10 21 Oct 2004 inetconv(1M)