Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Converting Unix executable files Post 47416 by Steven Greenber on Tuesday 10th of February 2004 12:39:41 PM
Old 02-10-2004
Converting Unix executable files

I loaded OS X Panther on my Mac G4 and found that many files previously saved as Word or Word Perfect files were inadventently converted to Unix executable files. When I try to read these in Word, it cannot recognize or translate the file properly. Does anyone know how to translate these files? Is there a filter or software program that does this?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

converting files from unix to windows

Need Help?? We receive Files From GM Motors and they written on a Sun Workstation using the Tar Command on a 4mm Dat Tape. We have an HP sure Store 24 Tape drive that will Execpt but when i do that it says that the media is bad. was wondering if there was any software that would read it in its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jefft1976
2 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Cannot translate Unix executable files

Help!! I loaded OS X Panther on my Mac G4 and found that many files previously saved as txt files were inadventently converted to Unix executable files. When I try to read these in Word, the Word filters cannot recognize or translate the file properly. Does anyone know how to translate these files?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Steven Greenber
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot run UNIX executable !

I have installed the Darwin Calendar Server on my Mac and got it working. To start the server I open a Finder window on my mac and click the UNIX executable called RUN. In order to start the server automatically on bootup I used LINGON to add a startup Daemon to call "RUN -d". When I reboot... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thylacine
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

listing executable files in unix.

How to list out the files which are not accessed for the last n days? and How to list out all the executable files in a directory? can anyone help me on the above? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

executable files

hello. My question, basically is: what is the definition of unix/linux exec files, or what makes a file executable? More specifically, must a unix source file that was compiled using gcc have exec permissions in order to be considered executable? Is it right to say that a unix/linux exec file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nadavkri
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix executable file

Hi - How can I find out under sh whitch file is an unix executable file? Need it for an software inventory. Thanks in advance. Regards - Lazybaer (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazybaer
6 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Plist to Unix Executable

I'm using an old conversion method for converting a plist into an XML file, but that's not what I'm needing just via terminal now. What I'm looking for is an answer to convert a plist file into an executable. I'd like to import it into Casper and have the JSS push it out onto an image. In this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unimachead
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Archived Emails in UNIX Executable Files

Hello, A while back someone"archived" my emails for me, so I didn't have to worry about my email account filling up with emails. I need to get back into those emails and view them. When I opent the folder it has several files. The largest being an "mbox", which I am assuming has all of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaffer1921
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with Dutch and converting files to UNIX

Dear All, for last few days I am dealing with silly problem of converting files from different types and styles (ansi, utf) in dutch to a normal unix files with utf-8 without BOM ... using both linux terminal and cygwin and no matter what I have no been successful the files has hidden... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: A-V
8 Replies
PPI::Token::Word(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       PPI::Token::Word(3)

NAME
PPI::Token::Word - The generic "word" Token INHERITANCE
PPI::Token::Word isa PPI::Token isa PPI::Element DESCRIPTION
A "PPI::Token::Word" object is a PPI-specific representation of several different types of word-like things, and is one of the most common Token classes found in typical documents. Specifically, it includes not only barewords, but also any other valid Perl identifier including non-operator keywords and core functions, and any include "::" separators inside it, as long as it fits the format of a class, function, etc. METHODS
There are no methods available for "PPI::Token::Word" beyond those provided by its PPI::Token and PPI::Element parent classes. We expect to add additional methods to help further resolve a Word as a function, method, etc over time. If you need such a thing right now, look at Perl::Critic::Utils. literal Returns the value of the Word as a string. This assumes (often incorrectly) that the Word is a bareword and not a function, method, keyword, etc. This differs from "content" because "Foo'Bar" expands to "Foo::Bar". method_call Answers whether this is the name of a method in a method call. Returns true if yes, false if no, and nothing if unknown. TO DO
- Add "function", "method" etc detector methods SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.2 2011-02-25 PPI::Token::Word(3)