Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Converting Unix executable files Post 47416 by Steven Greenber on Tuesday 10th of February 2004 12:39:41 PM
Old 02-10-2004
Converting Unix executable files

I loaded OS X Panther on my Mac G4 and found that many files previously saved as Word or Word Perfect files were inadventently converted to Unix executable files. When I try to read these in Word, it cannot recognize or translate the file properly. Does anyone know how to translate these files? Is there a filter or software program that does this?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

converting files from unix to windows

Need Help?? We receive Files From GM Motors and they written on a Sun Workstation using the Tar Command on a 4mm Dat Tape. We have an HP sure Store 24 Tape drive that will Execpt but when i do that it says that the media is bad. was wondering if there was any software that would read it in its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jefft1976
2 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Cannot translate Unix executable files

Help!! I loaded OS X Panther on my Mac G4 and found that many files previously saved as txt files were inadventently converted to Unix executable files. When I try to read these in Word, the Word filters cannot recognize or translate the file properly. Does anyone know how to translate these files?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Steven Greenber
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot run UNIX executable !

I have installed the Darwin Calendar Server on my Mac and got it working. To start the server I open a Finder window on my mac and click the UNIX executable called RUN. In order to start the server automatically on bootup I used LINGON to add a startup Daemon to call "RUN -d". When I reboot... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thylacine
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

listing executable files in unix.

How to list out the files which are not accessed for the last n days? and How to list out all the executable files in a directory? can anyone help me on the above? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

executable files

hello. My question, basically is: what is the definition of unix/linux exec files, or what makes a file executable? More specifically, must a unix source file that was compiled using gcc have exec permissions in order to be considered executable? Is it right to say that a unix/linux exec file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nadavkri
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix executable file

Hi - How can I find out under sh whitch file is an unix executable file? Need it for an software inventory. Thanks in advance. Regards - Lazybaer (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazybaer
6 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Plist to Unix Executable

I'm using an old conversion method for converting a plist into an XML file, but that's not what I'm needing just via terminal now. What I'm looking for is an answer to convert a plist file into an executable. I'd like to import it into Casper and have the JSS push it out onto an image. In this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unimachead
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Archived Emails in UNIX Executable Files

Hello, A while back someone"archived" my emails for me, so I didn't have to worry about my email account filling up with emails. I need to get back into those emails and view them. When I opent the folder it has several files. The largest being an "mbox", which I am assuming has all of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaffer1921
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with Dutch and converting files to UNIX

Dear All, for last few days I am dealing with silly problem of converting files from different types and styles (ansi, utf) in dutch to a normal unix files with utf-8 without BOM ... using both linux terminal and cygwin and no matter what I have no been successful the files has hidden... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: A-V
8 Replies
FIXWFWPS(1)						      General Commands Manual						       FIXWFWPS(1)

NAME
fixwfwps - filter to fix Word for Windows documents so PSUtils work SYNOPSIS
fixwfwps < WordforWindows.ps > Fixed.ps DESCRIPTION
Fixwfwps is a perl filter which "fixes" PostScript from Word for Windows so that it works correctly with Angus Duggan's psutils package. AUTHOR
Copyright (C) Angus J. C. Duggan 1991-1995 SEE ALSO
psbook(1), psselect(1), pstops(1), epsffit(1), psnup(1), psresize(1), psmerge(1), fixscribeps(1), getafm(1), fixdlsrps(1), fixfmps(1), fix- psditps(1), fixpspps(1), fixtpps(1), fixwfwps(1), fixwpps(1), fixwwps(1), extractres(1), includeres(1), showchar(1) TRADEMARKS
PostScript is a trademark of Adobe Systems Incorporated. PSUtils Release 1 Patchlevel 17 FIXWFWPS(1)