Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux programming advice needed.... Post 47365 by trostycp on Monday 9th of February 2004 09:42:09 AM
Old 02-09-2004
is advice on a homework problem shunned?

I didn't want anyone to code for me....I just wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting my time trying to fit the cylinder shape in the opening to the triangle shape.
I was hoping to expand my horizon in Linux and bash....but I didn't want to spend more than 48 hours wasting my time. The class is already demanding enough.
What class in graduate school doesn't expect you to know some form of high level programming language?

Just because arithmetic isn't a pre-requisite to calculus....doesn't mean you don't have to know it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

urgent advice needed - gcc

what does the statement : static char a = "a"; store in the executable image. ?? I need to make a command line parameter exist AFTER the program finishes execution.. so that when i run the code next time ( without recompiling ).. i can work with the paramter.. for example: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: a.k.aFireknight
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

'for' loop advice needed ....!!

/usr/sbin/ifconfig -a | grep "inet" | grep -v "inet6" | grep -v "127.0.0.1" | grep -v "0.0.0.0"|grep -v "192.168.100.2" | awk '{print $2}' I use above command to get IP addresses on AIX boxes.Values coming here are set to a variable "Host IPs.IP Addresses" in my fingerprinting engine. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advice needed on using Script with NOHUP

All, I would like to know my below requirement can be achieved in any way in Shell Scripting? I will make this requirement of mine as understandable as I can. Requirement: I wrote a script 'my.script' which gets user-input tablenames and puts the same into an array. Also I get other inputs... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharath.gct
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

'for' loop advice needed....!!

Scenario: Command used to capture IPs on a host: /usr/sbin/ifconfig -a | grep "inet" | egrep -v "inet6|0.0.0.0|192.168.100.2" | awk '{print $2}' Following for loop used to capture interface names: for INTERFACE in `/usr/sbin/ifconfig -a | nawk '$1 ~ /:$/ && $1 {sub(":$", "", $1); print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
3 Replies

5. Linux

Scripting advice needed

Evening all, Im trying to get a script that will: Select the most 3 recent files in a specific directory Run a command on them (like chmod) Ask of you would like to continue Copy the files to another directory If a linux guru could help me out, it would be very much appreciated. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wiggins
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

System + Network Programming, your advice required???

Dear friends, Before putting my questions forward, I would like to put some data infront of you, hope you will help me at the end. This website Cray-Cyber - Welcome provides free access to many supercomputers and mainframe computers. When you login through ssh, they provide you with a screen,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
0 Replies

7. Programming

System + Network Programming, your advice required???

Dear friends, Before putting my questions forward, I would like to put some data infront of you, hope you will help me at the end. This website Cray-Cyber - Welcome provides free access to many supercomputers and mainframe computers. When you login through ssh, they provide you with a screen,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Advice for This Programming way

Hi All, I am working in production support environment And I have a lot of checks done daily on system And depended on values I take specific decision I am going to develop script to do general operation task But my problem is this script will be a running process 24 hours I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxosmanpad
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Permission problem, programming advice needed, Perl

Hi all, I have written a wrapper script in Perl which will be used on AIX, Linux and Windows and I do not want to change any code for the needs for a specific OS if avoidable. It works fine so far on all 3 OSes, not blowing up any stacks any more, but I am unsure how to handle writing log files... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaxxon
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue with ACL's (Help/Advice Needed)

Hi Experts,,, Need your help/advice on how to fix this I have 2 users under same group (primary group) and i want to give 777 permissions on a directory to one dir owned by user1 when granted i can see than from getfacl but when i actually login as user2 i can touch a file . ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddyfreaks1
3 Replies
XkbComputeShapeBounds(3)					   XKB FUNCTIONS					  XkbComputeShapeBounds(3)

NAME
XkbComputeShapeBounds - Updates the bounding box of a shape SYNOPSIS
Bool XkbComputeShapeBounds (XkbShapePtr shape); ARGUMENTS
- shape shape to be examined DESCRIPTION
Xkb provides a number of convenience functions to help use a keyboard geometry. These include functions to return the bounding box of a shape's top surface and to update the bounding box of a shape row or section. A shape is made up of a number of outlines. Each outline is a polygon made up of a number of points. The bounding box of a shape is a rec- tangle that contains all the outlines of that shape. A ShapeRec contains a BoundsRec that describes the bounds of the shape. If you add or delete an outline to or from a shape, the bounding box must be updated. XkbComputeShapeBounds updates the BoundsRec contained in the shape by examining all the outlines of the shape and setting the BoundsRec to the minimum x and minimum y, and maximum x and maximum y values found in those outlines. XkbComputeShapeBounds returns False if shape is NULL or if there are no outlines for the shape; otherwise, it returns True. If you add or delete a key to or from a row, or if you update the shape of one of the keys in that row, you may need to update the bounding box of that row. To update the bounding box of a row, use XkbComputeRowBounds. STRUCTURES
typedef struct _XkbShape { Atom name; /* shape's name */ unsigned short num_outlines; /* number of outlines for the shape */ unsigned short sz_outlines; /* size of the outlines array */ XkbOutlinePtr outlines; /* array of outlines for the shape */ XkbOutlinePtr approx; /* pointer into the array to the approximating outline */ XkbOutlinePtr primary; /* pointer into the array to the primary outline */ XkbBoundsRec bounds; /* bounding box for the shape; encompasses all outlines */ } XkbShapeRec, *XkbShapePtr; typedef struct _XkbBounds { short x1,y1; /* upper left corner of the bounds, in mm/10 */ short x2,y2; /* lower right corner of the bounds, in mm/10 */ } XkbBoundsRec, *XkbBoundsPtr; SEE ALSO
XkbComputeRowBounds(3) X Version 11 libX11 1.5.0 XkbComputeShapeBounds(3)