Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mail problem
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) mail problem Post 47335 by yoveln on Sunday 8th of February 2004 10:52:27 AM
Old 02-08-2004
mail

Hi

Rename your Hard Disk name

and retype your user password

You will be shock to see the results

Best R.

yovel

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with mail

what I have to write in a shell that every time that it arrives a new e-mail has to perform a program taking some data from the e-mail. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmistero
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mail problem !!

Hi, Below a try to send an email to a local user can be seen. I can NOT send e-mail anywhere, but I receive email perfectly. <pre> isgsi01(root)10: mail aris < /home/aris/mail2send dbm map "Alias0": unsafe map file /etc/mail/aliases: No such file or directory </pre> ..... but the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guest100
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail problem (NOT Mail or Mail.app)

When I try to use the CLI mail, I get the following error. What's wrong? Welcome to Darwin! % mail root Subject: test test . EOT % /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 81: fileclass: cannot open /etc/mail/local-host-names: Group writable directory Do I just need to change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chenly
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with mail.

Hello! I have two servers with Solaris 2.7 I send mail from first to second. The first is also dns. It's known as "ns.oldb.pkb", second is "dev.pkb". Ping works successful from 1 to 2 and vice verse. But when I am trying on first server : sendmail -v user@dev.pkb < /etc/motd it is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Colf
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail problem

if ping $1 3 then { sleep 1 echo "HELO domain.co.uk" sleep 1 echo "MAIL FROM: mark@domain.co.uk" sleep 1 echo "RCPT TO: markms@domain.co.uk" sleep 1 echo "DATA" echo "This is a test from a file." echo "." echo "quit" } | telnet $1 25 else echo problem fi The above is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: markms
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with Mail !

I have a o/p file called a1.txt from a script. I m mailing this file but the problem is that in the mail the format is comming different. Contents of a1.txt ------------------------------------ Meter 090845086LG is now Made AMR Active Meter 090845088LG is now Made AMR Active Meter... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail problem

hi folks , i am working in UNIX . i was wondered when i gone through below lines in some scripts. Can anyone describe me how this is working . thanks in advance.. /usr/sbin/sendmail -t < $0.email /usr/bin/mailx -s "$EDI_HOST: Report....@ `date`" GROUP_ALERT <<EOF `cat $0.email`... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhaprakasam
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Mail Problem. Maybe, it is a DNS Problem!

Hi, i've a redhat linux 9 upadated by redhat from 7 version to 9 version. A couple of days ago i was a problem with my mail, in other words i'm not able to get any email nor to send any email. I've a proxy configuration and i tried to set iptables in order to verify the port. The 110,255 and 995... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pintalgi
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HP UX mail problem

I am uxing HP UX mailx, I want to send mail with: 1) to list 2) cc list 3) sender address 4) mail body 5) subject 6) attachment I am using : (cat cc_list; cat mail_body; ux2dos file_1 | uuencode attachment.txt)|mailx -m -s "subject" -r sender@abc.com recepient@abc.com cc_list... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gautamadak
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail Problem

Hi All, I am having a problem that is very similar to the one being discussed here. I am using OS X and am trying to send mail from the OS X Terminal to my GMail account. The mail seems to go through, but gets stuck at Google's servers. I have a log file from the /var/mail directory that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: danielsutton
0 Replies
yppasswd(1)						      General Commands Manual						       yppasswd(1)

NAME
yppasswd, ypchfn, ypchsh - change your password in the NIS database SYNOPSIS
yppasswd [-f] [-l] [-p] [user] ypchfn [user] ypchsh [user] DESCRIPTION
In the old days, the standard passwd(1), chfn(1) and chsh(1) tools could not be used under Linux to change the users NIS password, shell and GECOS information. For changing the NIS information, they were replaced by their NIS counterparts, yppasswd, ypchfn and ypchsh. Today, this versions are deprecated and should not be used any longer. Using the command line switches, you can choose whether to update your password -p, your login shell -l, or your GECOS field -f, or a com- bination of them. yppasswd implies the -p option, if no other option is given. If you use the -f or -l option, you also need to add the -p flag. ypchfn implies the -f option, and ypchsh -l. When invoked without the user argument, the account information for the invoking user will be updated, otherwise that of user will be updated. This option is only available to the super-user. If the yppasswdd daemon on the server supports it, you can give the root password of the server instead of the users [old] password. All tools will first prompt the user for the current NIS password needed for authentication with the yppasswdd(8) daemon. Subsequently, the program prompts for the updated information: yppasswd or -p Change the user's NIS password. The user is prompted for the new password. While typing the password, echoing is turned off, so the password does not appear on the screen. An empty password is rejected, as are passwords shorter than six characters. The user will then be requested to retype the password to make sure it wasn't misspelled the first time. ypchsh or -l Change the user's login shell. The user is prompted for a new shell, offering the old one as default: Login shell [/bin/sh]: _ To accept the default, simply press return. To clear the shell field in your passwd(5) file entry (so that the system's default shell is selected), enter the string none. ypchfn or -f Change the user's full name and related information. Traditionally, some applications expect the GECOS field (field 4) of the passwd(5) file to contain the user's real name (as opposed to the login name) plus some additional information like the office phone number. This information is displayed by finger(1) and probably some other tools, too. When setting the full name, ypchfn displays the following prompts, with the defaults in brackets: Name [Joe Doe]: Location [2nd floor, bldg 34]: Office Phone [12345]: Home Phone []: To accept a default, simply press return. To clear a field, enter the string none. SEE ALSO
chfn(1), chsh(1), finger(1), passwd(5), passwd(1), ypcat(1), yppasswdd(8), ypserv(8), ypwhich(1) AUTHOR
yppasswd is part of the yp-tools package, which was written by Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@linux-nis.org>. YP Tools 2.12 April 2010 yppasswd(1)