Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux how to view the code form /bin/sh Post 47243 by andryk on Thursday 5th of February 2004 02:18:19 PM
Old 02-05-2004
look for your linux CDs, there might be a cd which contains the sources of most linux binary for your (evil) need (backdooring a shell Smilie )

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/bin/sh: /usr/bin/vi: No such file or directory when doing crontab

I just set up an ftp server with Red Hat 5.2. I am doing the work, I'm baby stepping, but it seems like every step I get stuck. Currently, I'm trying to set up a crontab job, but I'm getting the following message: /bin/sh: /usr/bin/vi: No such file or directory. I see that vi exists in /bin/vi,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwalter
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing Unix form to Microsoft Word form to be able to email it to someone.

Please someone I need information on how to change a Unix form/document into a microsoft word document in order to be emailed to another company. Please help ASAP. Thankyou :confused: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cheraunm
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix code - how to view? What is it?

I'm getting curious about making some of my own commands. I know this is realtively easy with script files and combining various unix standard commands. Is there a way to view the code that is used for these standard commands..i.e. how do I see what code is used for the 'join' command. I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: peter.herlihy
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fuser: difference with bin/sh and bin/ksh shell script

Hi, I have a problem I don't understand with fuser. I launch a simple shell script mysleep.sh: I launch the command fuser -fu mysleep.sh but fuser doesn't return anything excepted: mysleep: Then I modify my script switching from #!/bin/sh to #!/bin/ksh I launch the command fuser -fu... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peuj
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with my recycle bin code

Hi~ I have a problem with my recycle bin code. #!/bin/bash if test !-d ~/.recyclebin #if recycle bin does not exists then mkdir ~/.recyclebin # then create recycle bin else mv $1 ~/.recyclebin #else move the deleted file in the recycle bin fi so when I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: zel2zel
10 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

When to use /Users/m/bin instead of /usr/local/bin (& whats the diff?)?

Q1. I understand that /usr/local/bin means I can install/uninstall stuff in here and have any chance of messing up my original system files or effecting any other users. I created this directory myself. But what about the directory I didn't create, namely /Users/m/bin? How is that directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michellepace
1 Replies

7. AIX

Redistribution bin required for AIX. j7r164redist.7.1.0.25.bin

Hi, I am planning to install a version of Informatica on my AIX box. It requires a specific java build in pap6470_27sr2-20141101_01(SR2). The current link for IBM 64-bit SDK for AIX®, JavaTM Technology Edition, Version 7 Release 1 has a more recent version in j7r164redist.7.1.0.75.bin. Is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meetpraveens
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Usage of #!/bin/sh vs #!/bin/bash shell scripts?

Some question about the usage of shell scripts: 1.) Are the commands of the base shell scripts a subset of bash commands? 2.) Assume I got a long, long script WITHOUT the first line. How can I find out if the script was originally designed für "sh" or "bash"? 3.) How can I check a given... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pstein
3 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Moving from Desktop View to Mobile View

See attached video for a demo on how to move back and forth from the desktop view to the mobile view. Currently this only works for the home page, but I will work on some new PHP code in the future to make this work with the page we are currently on. Edit: The issue with making every page ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
UUID_UNPARSE(3) 						    Libuuid API 						   UUID_UNPARSE(3)

NAME
uuid_unparse - convert an UUID from binary representation to a string SYNOPSIS
#include <uuid/uuid.h> void uuid_unparse(uuid_t uu, char *out); void uuid_unparse_upper(uuid_t uu, char *out); void uuid_unparse_lower(uuid_t uu, char *out); DESCRIPTION
The uuid_unparse function converts the supplied UUID uu from the binary representation into a 36-byte string (plus tailing '') of the form 1b4e28ba-2fa1-11d2-883f-0016d3cca427 and stores this value in the character string pointed to by out. The case of the hex digits returned by uuid_unparse may be upper or lower case, and is dependent on the system-dependent local default. If the case of the hex digits is important then the functions uuid_unparse_upper and uuid_unparse_lower may be used. CONFORMING TO
OSF DCE 1.1 AUTHOR
Theodore Y. Ts'o AVAILABILITY
libuuid is part of the util-linux package since version 2.15.1 and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. SEE ALSO
uuid(3), uuid_clear(3), uuid_compare(3), uuid_copy(3), uuid_generate(3), uuid_time(3), uuid_is_null(3), uuid_parse(3) util-linux May 2009 UUID_UNPARSE(3)