Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ftp in Emacs
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users ftp in Emacs Post 47129 by saurya_s on Tuesday 3rd of February 2004 12:18:32 PM
Old 02-03-2004
ftp in Emacs

Hi
How can I do ftp using emacs. I strart the function by M-x ftp. It connects to the server where I can see the list of files. how can I do put or get there?
Thanks
SS

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

emacs error... help!

i am telnet-ing into my university's UNIX system and trying to edit some perl code in emacs. However any time i try to open it in emacs i get the following error message: > emacs project1.cgi Error: Couldn't find per display information > i also cannot create any new documents in emacs and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffro
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Emacs Editor

hi i am using mandrake linux How do i run the emacs editor ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srekcus
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to learn emacs?

I have been teaching myself unix a little here and a little there. I would like to learn emacs, or an editor that I would get the most use out of. What is the most used editor in unix? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: macnix
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on EMACS

Any one has a good documentation on How To Use EMACs editor?? Thanks Ven :eek: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: VENC22
4 Replies

5. Programming

How to configure emacs? Thank!

I am using emacs to write c++ code. How to configure it to let the system highlight C++ keywords, variables, etc; and let it automatically indent, just like a common C++ IDE does? Any suggestions? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meili100
1 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

GNU Emacs Help

Hey everybody! Not sure if this goes here, but I think it's the best fit. I was just wondering, how do I use a compiler from Emacs? Also, how do I turn syntax highlighting on? Thanks in advance! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: led3234
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Emacs

could someone please tell me how do I work emacs on unix?? how do you input the command and open up files and edit stuff. I know M-x info will lauch the info viewer, C-x u is undo, M-x spell-region run a spell check but when i use some of these command on emacs in Unix, I'm getting no results or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: starwind4
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to compile in Emacs

I'm trying to compile two files in Emacs (guess.cpp and yesno.cpp). So I open up Emacs (the text version) and give the command M-x and then I try to type in "g++ -o asst guess.cpp yesno.cpp". But everytime after I type "g++" and try to do a space after that, it says and wont let me type a space? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blackvelvet
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use emacs? Also how to open existing emacs files with .cgi format?

Hi All, I am new to this forum and a beginner in unix. Please correct me if I put the question in a wrong way.. How to use emacs editor? Also how to open existing emacs files with .cgi format? I have the following link :- http link i.e. url and path : /abc/xyz.dev/xyz/documents What... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: swathi123
7 Replies

10. AIX

Emacs on AIX 7.2

After I had successfully installed bash I wanted to install emacs. I downloaded the packages from IBM (emacs, emacs-nox, and emacs-X11), but I could not install emacs-X11. It needs libjpeg and libtiff, but I couldn't install both libs. Error messages: file /opt/freeware/64 from install of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BuSchu
2 Replies
ftp::geturl(n)							    ftp client							    ftp::geturl(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ftp::geturl - Uri handler for ftp urls SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require ftp::geturl ?0.2.1? ::ftp::geturl url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a command which wraps around the client side of the ftp protocol provided by package ftp to allow the retrieval of urls using the ftp schema. API
::ftp::geturl url This command can be used by the generic command ::uri::geturl (See package uri) to retrieve the contents of ftp urls. Internally it uses the commands of the package ftp to fulfill the request. The contents of a ftp url are defined as follows: file The contents of the specified file itself. directory A listing of the contents of the directory in key value notation where the file name is the key and its attributes the asso- ciated value. link The attributes of the link, including the path it refers to. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category ftp of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
ftpd, mime, pop3, smtp KEYWORDS
ftp, internet, net, rfc 959 CATEGORY
Networking ftp 0.2.1 ftp::geturl(n)