Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HPUX Security help
Operating Systems HP-UX HPUX Security help Post 47113 by andryk on Tuesday 3rd of February 2004 08:02:36 AM
Old 02-03-2004
HPUX Security help

Hi everyone!

I need your help.
When i run ipcs -m -a for display shared memory status i see an entry with key 0xdeadbeef:

IPC status from /dev/kmem as of Tue Feb 3 15:55:14 2004
T ID KEY MODE OWNER GROUP CREATOR CGROUP NATTCH SEGSZ CPID LPID ATIME DTIME CTIME
m 3 0xdeadbeef --rw-rw-rw- root root root root 2 237420 1099 1814 15:40:50 no-entry 8:45:58

I fear my box has been "successfully hacked" ...
What should I do then ?

Any idea help will be very welcomed...

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to Use CPUs on a HPUX server to simulate Workload Manager on HPUX.

I am running HPUX and using WLM (workload manager). I want to write a script to fork CPUs to basically take CPUs from other servers to show that the communication is working and CPU licensing is working. Basically, I want to build a script that will use up CPU on a server. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

pwage-hpux-T for Trusted HPUX servers

I'm sharing this in case anybody needs it. Modified from the original solaris pwage script. This modified hpux script will check /etc/password file on hpux trusted systems search /tcb and grep the required u_succhg field. Calculate days to expiry and notify users via email. original solaris... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
2 Replies
IPCS(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   IPCS(1)

NAME
ipcs -- report System V interprocess communication facilities status SYNOPSIS
ipcs [-abcmopqstMQSTy] [-C core] [-N system] [-u user] DESCRIPTION
The ipcs utility provides information on System V interprocess communication (IPC) facilities on the system. The options are as follows: -a Show the maximum amount of information possible when displaying active semaphores, message queues, and shared memory segments. (This is shorthand for specifying the -b, -c, -o, -p, and -t options.) -b Show the maximum allowed sizes for active semaphores, message queues, and shared memory segments. The ``maximum allowed size'' is the maximum number of bytes in a message on a message queue, the size of a shared memory segment, or the number of semaphores in a set of semaphores. -c Show the creator's name and group for active semaphores, message queues, and shared memory segments. -m Display information about active shared memory segments. -o Show outstanding usage for active message queues, and shared memory segments. The ``outstanding usage'' is the number of messages in a message queue, or the number of processes attached to a shared memory segment. -p Show the process ID information for active semaphores, message queues, and shared memory segments. The ``process ID information'' is the last process to send a message to or receive a message from a message queue, the process that created a semaphore, or the last process to attach or detach a shared memory segment. -q Display information about active message queues. -s Display information about active semaphores. -t Show access times for active semaphores, message queues, and shared memory segments. The access times is the time of the last con- trol operation on an IPC object, the last send or receive of a message, the last attach or detach of a shared memory segment, or the last operation on a semaphore. -C core Extract values associated with the name list from the specified core instead of the default /dev/kmem. Implies -y. -M Display system information about shared memory. -N system Extract the name list from the specified system instead of the default /boot/kernel/kernel. Implies -y. -Q Display system information about messages queues. -S Display system information about semaphores. -T Display system information about shared memory, message queues and semaphores. -y Use the kvm(3) interface instead of the sysctl(3) interface to extract the required information. If ipcs is to operate on the run- ning system, using kvm(3) will require read privileges to /dev/kmem. -u user Display information about IPC mechanisms owned by user. User specification can be in the form of a numeric UID or a login name. If none of the -M, -m, -Q, -q, -S, or -s options are specified, information about all active IPC facilities is listed. RESTRICTIONS
System data structures may change while ipcs is running; the output of ipcs is not guaranteed to be consistent. FILES
/dev/kmem default kernel memory /boot/kernel/kernel default system name list SEE ALSO
ipcrm(1) AUTHORS
Thorsten Lockert <tholo@sigmasoft.com> BUGS
This manual page is woefully incomplete, because it does not at all attempt to explain the information printed by ipcs. BSD
March 24, 2004 BSD