Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: impact printer problem
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users impact printer problem Post 47075 by MizzGail on Monday 2nd of February 2004 10:39:42 AM
Old 02-02-2004
thanks for the google links. We had only the quick start manual. We contacted tally support they did not point us to the manual.
Sincei posted this,,,, I tried the pr command from unix with a page eject, page length 46. I sent it a file with line numbers. It completely drops line 1-46, - the logical first page - started at the top of the first page on logical line 47, printed half of logical page on half of a physical page, then ejected to the 2nd page and printed ok from there... 46lines to a page and correct page ejects.
so I am thinking it something we are missing on the unix lprsetup. the printer is on our network with a jet direct and working from a vax/vms system.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

printer problem

Hi.. i am using HP UX 11.00.. and i amtrying to connect a network printer to the server and creat a print queue using HP JetDirect utility.I down loaded the Hp11e118.SD driver for Hp jetdirect and trying to install it using swinstall -s /tmp/Hp11e118.SD It was installed first time but eror... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prafulla
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network Printer Problem-help

Hello am asking for your help on printer issues. i wanted to change the current printer we have now, basically bec we needed a more durable one. so recently i have a product demo, but its driver is not present in UNIX. i will be using the same network printer name but different model.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lancemendioro
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network Printer Problem

I am using network printer through ip address. when you check with lpstat it says, "Waiting for <printer name> to come up. other network printers working. this also work before. but now not working. scheduler & accept print jobs working. wht could be the problem (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajantha
1 Replies

4. AIX

network printer problem

I have AIX 5.3 OS. After issuing the print command, the printer state immediately goes down. I have checked the /etc/qconfig flle, resatrted the qdaemon but again same problem is occuring. I am using HP 5100 connected to jetdirect. what is the problem and it's solution? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashantchavan
4 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Printer problem

Hi, Has anyone encountered the error below. I have tried to startup the printer but the error keep showing up. Please help. Thanks. Queue Dev Status Job Files User PP % Blks Cp Rnk ------- ----- --------- --- ------------------ ---------- ---- -- ----- --- ---... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sodapop
1 Replies

6. SCO

hp8150 printer problem

we just installed a 2000 sheet tray on an HP 8150 printer.(it is referred to by HP as tray 4). We need Unix to print to this tray by default. We can enter a printer code but there are too many reports using the defalut printer to make that a practical solution. When printing from Windows using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yrr88
2 Replies

7. SuSE

Printer problem

1. When i am giving unknown printer in the lp command, I am facing the below error. Is there any way to avoid the error? lp -dadfsd adf.prn ganeshb@its04489:~ $ lp -d adl -s pea_error1.txt status Information, attempt 1 of 3: sending job 'kganeshb@its04489+83' to adl@localhost... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingganesh04
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Printer problem

1. when i am giving the unknown printer the lp command, i am getting the below error. Is there any way suppress the error? MY input lp -d ppp aa.prn Output Status Information, attempt 2 of 3: sending job 'kganeshb@its04489+209' to klsdfa@localhost connecting to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingganesh04
1 Replies

9. AIX

Problem with Queue of the Printer

Guy's This is the Queue of the printer ... >lpstat -pTOPPRINTER Queue Dev Status Job Files User PP % Blks Cp Rnk ------- ----- --------- --- ------------------ ---------- ---- -- ----- --- --- TOPPRIN @TOPP DOWN QUEUED ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
1 Replies

10. SCO

problem with network printer

Install a network printer and I can only print with root login. When I use another login creates the request and will not print and soon disappears. please what should I do? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Edgar Guevara
5 Replies
posttek(1)							   User Commands							posttek(1)

NAME
posttek - PostScript translator for Tektronix 4014 files SYNOPSIS
posttek [-c num] [-f name] [-m num] [-n num] [-o list] [-p mode] [-w num] [-x num] [-y num] [file...] /usr/lib/lp/postscript/posttek DESCRIPTION
The posttek filter translates Tektronix 4014 graphics files into PostScript and writes the results on the standard output. If no files are specified, or if - is one of the input files, the standard input is read. OPTIONS
-c num Print num copies of each page. By default, only one copy is printed. -f name Print text using font name. Any PostScript font can be used, although the best results will be obtained only with constant width fonts. The default font is Courier. -m num Magnify each logical page by the factor num. Pages are scaled uniformly about the origin which, by default, is located at the cen- ter of each page. The default magnification is 1.0. -n num Print num logical pages on each piece of paper, where num can be any positive integer. By default, num is set to 1. -o list Print pages whose numbers are given in the comma-separated list. The list contains single numbers N and ranges N1 - N2. A missing N1 means the lowest numbered page, a missing N2 means the highest. The page range is an expression of logical pages rather than physical sheets of paper. For example, if you are printing two logical pages to a sheet, and you specified a range of 4, then two sheets of paper would print, containing four page layouts. If you specified a page range of 3-4, when requesting two logical pages to a sheet; then only page 3 and page 4 layouts would print, and they would appear on one physical sheet of paper. -p mode Print files in either portrait or landscape mode. Only the first character of mode is significant. The default mode is landscape. -w num Set the line width used for graphics to num points, where a point is approximately 1/72 of an inch. By default, num is set to 0 points, which forces lines to be one pixel wide. -x num Translate the origin num inches along the positive x axis. The default coordinate system has the origin fixed at the center of the page, with positive x to the right and positive y up the page. Positive num moves everything right. The default offset is 0.0 inches. -y num Translate the origin num inches along the positive y axis. Positive num moves everything up the page. The default offset is 0.0. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. FILES
/usr/lib/lp/postscript/forms.ps /usr/lib/lp/postscript/ps.requests ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpsf | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
download(1), dpost(1), postdaisy(1), postdmd(1), postio(1), postmd(1), postprint(1), postreverse(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The default line width is too small for write-white print engines, such as the one used by the PS-2400. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 1996 posttek(1)