Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX Scripting
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers UNIX Scripting Post 4693 by Neo on Monday 30th of July 2001 10:00:07 AM
Old 07-30-2001
For PERL, PHP and other scripts go to:

http://www.hotscripts.com/

Highly recommend using PERL or PHP and not SH (KSH, SH, CSH, etc. etc.) for most scripts, unless the script is very, very simple. *SH scripts are nice, but PERL or PHP or PYTHON etc. are much more powerful, flexible, etc.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help With Unix Scripting.

Can anybody tell me the best way to learn unix scripting.can you recommend a good book.Please help! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hella
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix scripting pl help

Hi All, I am new to Unix Scripting. I have below scenario. I need to write a Unix function with the following. 1. I have table. From this table I need to write a query. SELECT Col1(File_nm),Col2(From_Loc),Col3(To_Loc) FROM A WHERE CONDITION For... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sree11
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help me Out in unix scripting

Hello every one, plz help me out. I m using 4 files in unix, like file1, file2, file3,file4 in which primary key is ID in column(field) of 4 files. On the bases of ID, i want the corresponding field of 4 files in final file let say collected file. In collected file, ID column should occur only one... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaprus
16 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Scripting

Hi Gurus, I am a system admin in solaris field and ive planned to study unix scripting.ive planned to start reading Mastering Unix scripting by randal.Scripts in that are based on Korn shell(ksh).my question is whether the same scripts can be applied to other shells like bash etc..And... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madanmeer
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Scripting

Hi Gurus, I am a system admin in solaris field and ive planned to study unix scripting.ive planned to start reading Mastering Unix scripting by randal.Scripts in that are based on Korn shell(ksh).my question is whether the same scripts can be applied to other shells like bash etc..And... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madanmeer
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix scripting

how to check if a unix script gets executed without errors across all unix platforms. incase if a script gets executed without errors only one platform say AIX, what needs to be done to that script such that it will run all unix platforms like linux, hp, sun etc (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmann
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix scripting

i need help with this problem this is the problem: Write a script that logs how many users login on/off the system over a 5 minute period. It can run in the foreground, and run 4 times a minute. Set a trap that will not allow a CNTRL-C command, and if a CNTRL-C is excuted store the time and date... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sportsmansixty6
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Shell Scripting( Calling from Unix to PLSQL)

Hello Experts, I have the following questions to be discussed here at this esteemed discussion forum. I have two Excel sheets which contain Unix Commands llike creating directory the structure/ftp/Copy/Zip etc to basically create an environment. I need help in understanding some of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: faizsaadq
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX scripting

LIST=/home/xxxxxxx/ABC/xeeno_scrpts/temp/tempfile ERRORDIR=/home/xxxxxxx/ABC/error_directory EMAILFILE=/home/xxxxxxx/ABC/xeeno_scrpts/temp/emailfile echo "There were errors in the following report file for Xeenos:" > $EMAILFILE echo >> $EMAILFILE echo "This files have been moved to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bcarosi
9 Replies
php-config(1)							Scripting Language						     php-config(1)

NAME
php-config - get information about PHP configuration and compile options SYNOPSIS
php-config [options] DESCRIPTION
php-config is a simple shell script for obtaining information about installed PHP configuration. OPTIONS
--prefix Directory prefix where PHP is installed, e.g. /usr/local --includes List of -I options with all include files --ldflags LD Flags which PHP was compiled with --libs Extra libraries which PHP was compiled with --man-dir The directory prefix where the manpages is installed --extension-dir Directory where extensions are searched by default --include-dir Directory prefix where header files are installed by default --php-binary Full path to php CLI or CGI binary --php-sapis Show all SAPI modules available --configure-options Configure options to recreate configuration of current PHP installation --version PHP version --vernum PHP version as integer SEE ALSO php(1) VERSION INFORMATION
This manpage describes php, version 5.4.16. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997-2010 The PHP Group This source file is subject to version 3.01 of the PHP license, that is bundled with this package in the file LICENSE, and is available through the world-wide-web at the following url: http://www.php.net/license/3_01.txt If you did not receive a copy of the PHP license and are unable to obtain it through the world-wide-web, please send a note to license@php.net so we can mail you a copy immediately. The PHP Group 2010 php-config(1)