Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Question about this veritas command Post 46903 by TRUEST on Wednesday 28th of January 2004 08:18:02 PM
Old 01-28-2004
Question about this veritas command

vxdg -g mktdg adddisk mktdg02=c0b0t3d0

i know this command adds c0b0t3d0 to the disk group mktdg but what i dont know is what the significance of mktdg02 is.

i mean, what is it? what does it stand for??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Veritas Question

Can someone tell me what command it is to list the disk in a specified disk group. I dont want to see disks in all groups, just the disk in a specified group. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

VEritas Volume Manager command

Hi, Somebody can help me to retrieve the command to use in Solaris 8 to display the space free on a Virtual disk created by VVM ? Thanks very much, Fabien Renaux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unclefab
1 Replies

3. Solaris

veritas NETbackup command

i am using veritas admenistration console to control all backup operations of our servers . we use SUN LT25 LTO library connected to a backupserver running solaris 8 . i was wondering if there is a command that i can use from solaris so that i can activate and deactivate some policeis , rather... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Veritas Storage Question

How do you get the total size of the LUNS currently online on a Solaris 10 server running Symantec Storage Foundation? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Veritas Storage Question (Data Migration)

Using Solaris 10 with Veritas Storage Foundation running. I want to copy all contents from DISKA LUN1 to DISKB LUN2. What would be the command syntax to do this? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Veritas Cluster Server Question

Is it possible to configure veritas cluster server using 2 Ldoms on same host? I just want to test and learn VCS. We can do a cluster (sun cluster3.2 ) in a box using 2 Ldoms but i 'm not sure if thats possible with veritas cluster or not ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Veritas Volume Manager question (Disk layout with 4 plexes)

I am trying to build a veritas volume similar to an existing volume on another server. The output on source server is: usbtor12# vxprint -hrtg appdg v anvil_sqlVOL - ENABLED ACTIVE 629145600 SELECT - fsgen pl anvil_sqlVOL-01 anvil_sqlVOL ENABLED ACTIVE 629145600... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: momin313
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Veritas mirroring question

Hi all, I'm fairly new to Veritas on Linux machines and have a disk group with 64 disks that we are migrating to 64 new disks. This means I'll be mirroring the old to the new. So my question is this - is there a way to mirror a specific volume to a range of disks as opposed to listing each disk by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Big_D
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question on Veritas file system..

Hi, I am on Solaris 10 server which is running Veritas. It's E420 server with two drives. I don't know much about Veritas. The other guy who works on this, on vacation this week. :-) Any way, looks like I have hard drive issue on the server. When I do iostat -E. I see this. sd0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to extend a disk in veritas volume manager in veritas cluster?

Hi Experts, I wanted to extend a veritas file system which is running on veritas cluster and mounted on node2 system. #hastatus -sum -- System State Frozen A node1 running 0 A node2 running 0 -- Group State -- Group System Probed ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Skmanojkum
1 Replies
vxdco(1M)																 vxdco(1M)

NAME
vxdco - perform operations on DCO objects and DCO volumes SYNOPSIS
vxdco [-g diskgroup] att volume dco vxdco [-g diskgroup] attlogvol dco dco_volume vxdco [-g diskgroup] [-o rm] dis dco vxdco [-g diskgroup] [-o rm] dislogvol dco vxdco [-g diskgroup] -o force enable dco DESCRIPTION
Note: The vxdco command can only be used with version 0 DCOs and DCO volumes. It cannot be used with version 20 DCOs and DCO volumes. The vxdco command is used to manipulate version 0 data change objects (DCO objects or DCOs) and DCO volumes that allow the use of Persis- tent FastResync with volumes. The att operation attaches a DCO object, dco, to a volume, volume. If the DCO object has an associated DCO volume, you can use the command vxvol set fmr=on volume to enable Persistent FastResync on the volume after the att operation has completed. The attlogvol operation associates a DCO volume, dco_volume, with a DCO object, dco. If the DCO object is already attached to a volume, you can use the command vxvol set fmr=on volume to enable Persistent FastResync on the volume after the attlogvol operation has completed. The dis operation dissociates a DCO object, dco, from a volume, and disables FastResync on that volume. If the -o rm option is specified, the DCO object, the DCO volume, its plexes and associated subdisks are removed in the same operation. The dislogvol operation dissociates a DCO volume from a DCO object, dco, and disables FastResync on the parent volume. If the -o rm option is specified, the DCO volume, its plexes and associated subdisks are removed in the same operation. If an error occurs while reading or writing a DCO volume, it is detached and the badlog flag is set on the DCO. (You can use one of the options -a, -F or -m to vxprint to check if the badlog flag is set on a DCO.) The -o force enable operation clears the badlog flag on the DCO. The following command sequence demonstrates how to recover the DCO volume that tracks the top-level volume vol1 in the disk group egdg: vxdco -g egdg -o force enable vol1_dco vxvol -g egdg stop vol1 vxvol -g egdg start vol1 Here vol1_dco is the DCO associated with vol1. Caution: Only use the -o force enable operation if you are certain that no writes have gone to the volume since the error occurred that caused its DCO volume to become detached. Otherwise, data corruption may result. The -g diskgroup option specifies the disk group to which the parent volume, DCO object, and DCO volume belong. You can use the make keyword to vxassist to create a volume with an attached DCO object and DCO volume. You can also use the addlog key- word to vxassist to create and add a DCO object and DCO volume to an existing volume. vxdco may then be used to dissociate a DCO object from its parent volume, and subsequently reattach it if the DCO object and DCO volume have not been removed. The vxdco command is also used by vxassist and vxplex to handle the DCO objects and DCO volumes that are associated with volumes. The vxmake command is used to create DCO objects, which can be specified using output from vxprint. Note: When using disk group move, split and join (see vxdg(1M)) to move volumes or snapshot volumes between disk groups, take care to ensure that the DCO volumes accompany their parent volumes. EXIT CODES
The vxdco utility exits with a non-zero status if the attempted operation fails. A non-zero exit code is not a complete indicator of the problems encountered, but rather denotes the first condition that prevented further execution of the utility. See vxintro(1M) for a list of standard exit codes. NOTES
When a volume is attached to a DCO as its log volume, its device nodes are deleted. If vxdco dislogvol is subsequently used to dissociate the log volume from the DCO, the device nodes are not recreated. SEE ALSO
vxassist(1M), vxdg(1M), vxintro(1M), vxmake(1M), vxplex(1M), vxprint(1M), vxvol(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxdco(1M)