Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Question about this veritas command Post 46903 by TRUEST on Wednesday 28th of January 2004 08:18:02 PM
Old 01-28-2004
Question about this veritas command

vxdg -g mktdg adddisk mktdg02=c0b0t3d0

i know this command adds c0b0t3d0 to the disk group mktdg but what i dont know is what the significance of mktdg02 is.

i mean, what is it? what does it stand for??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Veritas Question

Can someone tell me what command it is to list the disk in a specified disk group. I dont want to see disks in all groups, just the disk in a specified group. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

VEritas Volume Manager command

Hi, Somebody can help me to retrieve the command to use in Solaris 8 to display the space free on a Virtual disk created by VVM ? Thanks very much, Fabien Renaux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unclefab
1 Replies

3. Solaris

veritas NETbackup command

i am using veritas admenistration console to control all backup operations of our servers . we use SUN LT25 LTO library connected to a backupserver running solaris 8 . i was wondering if there is a command that i can use from solaris so that i can activate and deactivate some policeis , rather... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Veritas Storage Question

How do you get the total size of the LUNS currently online on a Solaris 10 server running Symantec Storage Foundation? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Veritas Storage Question (Data Migration)

Using Solaris 10 with Veritas Storage Foundation running. I want to copy all contents from DISKA LUN1 to DISKB LUN2. What would be the command syntax to do this? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Veritas Cluster Server Question

Is it possible to configure veritas cluster server using 2 Ldoms on same host? I just want to test and learn VCS. We can do a cluster (sun cluster3.2 ) in a box using 2 Ldoms but i 'm not sure if thats possible with veritas cluster or not ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Veritas Volume Manager question (Disk layout with 4 plexes)

I am trying to build a veritas volume similar to an existing volume on another server. The output on source server is: usbtor12# vxprint -hrtg appdg v anvil_sqlVOL - ENABLED ACTIVE 629145600 SELECT - fsgen pl anvil_sqlVOL-01 anvil_sqlVOL ENABLED ACTIVE 629145600... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: momin313
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Veritas mirroring question

Hi all, I'm fairly new to Veritas on Linux machines and have a disk group with 64 disks that we are migrating to 64 new disks. This means I'll be mirroring the old to the new. So my question is this - is there a way to mirror a specific volume to a range of disks as opposed to listing each disk by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Big_D
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question on Veritas file system..

Hi, I am on Solaris 10 server which is running Veritas. It's E420 server with two drives. I don't know much about Veritas. The other guy who works on this, on vacation this week. :-) Any way, looks like I have hard drive issue on the server. When I do iostat -E. I see this. sd0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to extend a disk in veritas volume manager in veritas cluster?

Hi Experts, I wanted to extend a veritas file system which is running on veritas cluster and mounted on node2 system. #hastatus -sum -- System State Frozen A node1 running 0 A node2 running 0 -- Group State -- Group System Probed ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Skmanojkum
1 Replies
vxmirror(1M)															      vxmirror(1M)

NAME
vxmirror - mirror volumes on a disk or control default mirroring SYNOPSIS
/etc/vx/bin/vxmirror [-g diskgroup ] [-d yes|no ] [-t tasktag ] medianame [new_medianame...] /etc/vx/bin/vxmirror [-g diskgroup ] [-d yes|no ] [-t tasktag ] -a [new_medianame...] /etc/vx/bin/vxmirror [-g diskgroup ] [-d yes|no] /etc/vx/bin/vxmirror [-g diskgroup] -D DESCRIPTION
The vxmirror command provides a mechanism to mirror all non-mirrored volumes that are located on a specified disk, to mirror all currently non-mirrored volumes in the specified disk group, or to change or display the current defaults for mirroring. All volumes that have only a single plex (mirror copy), are mirrored by adding an additional plex. Volumes containing subdisks that reside on more than one disk are not mirrored by vxmirror. vxmirror is generally called from the vxdiskadm menus. It is not an interactive command, and after it is called, continues until comple- tion of the operation or until a failure is detected. Note: Generating mirror copies of volumes can take a considerable time to complete. In the first listed form of this command, the disk media name is supplied on the command line to vxmirror. That name is assumed to be the only disk from which volumes are mirrored. In the case of mirroring volumes from a specified disk, only simple single-subdisk volumes are mirrored. In the first and second listed forms of the command, new_medianame... identifies a new disk media name (or set of names). The mirroring operation uses these names as targets on which to allocate the mirrors. An error results if the same disk is specified for both the source and target disk and if no other viable targets are supplied. Hardware-Specifc Note Some environments provide guidelines to optimize the VxVM's interaction with intelligent storage systems. If these guidelines are present, VxVM follows the guidelines when creating volumes or allocating space for volumes. By default, vxmirror only creates mirror volumes that conform with these guidelines. The following options change the behavior of vxmirror: -o override Creates a mirror of the specified volume and ignores any storage-specific guidelines. Overriding the guidelines is not recom- mended as it can result in incompatible objects, or objects that cannot be administered by VxVM. -o verify Verifies that the specified mirror can be created without violating any storage-specific guidelines, but does not create the plex. If any guidelines are violated, vxmirror exits with an error message. Note: These options need a specific license. Without the license, vxmirror ignores the specified option. OPTIONS
-a Mirrors all existing volumes for the specified disk group. -d yes | no Changes the default for subsequent volume creation, depending on the option argument. If yes, then all subsequent volumes cre- ated automatically become mirrored volumes. If no, then mirroring is turned off for future volumes created. -D Displays current default status for mirroring. -g diskgroup Limits operation of the command to the given disk group, as specified by disk group ID or disk group name. The medianame oper- ands are evaluated relative to the given disk group. If this option is not specified, the default disk group is determined using the rules given in the vxdg(1M) manual page. -t tasktag Specifies using a tasktag as the tag for any tasks created to perform the mirror operations. EXAMPLES
The following command mirrors all non-mirrored volumes on disk disk01 to the available space on any other available disk. Subsequent calls to vxassist mirror created volumes by default. /etc/vx/bin/vxmirror -d yes disk01 This command displays the current status of default mirroring. It outputs the string yes if mirroring is currently enabled, or no if mir- roring is not enabled. /etc/vx/bin/vxmirror -D This command mirrors any volumes on disk02 to disk03. /etc/vx/bin/vxmirror disk02 disk03 FILES
/etc/default/vxassist The defaults file for vxassist parameters. SEE ALSO
vxassist(1M), vxdiskadm(1M), vxintro(1M), vxtask(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxmirror(1M)