Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ftp/Uncompress error.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ftp/Uncompress error. Post 46835 by oracle8 on Tuesday 27th of January 2004 06:04:05 PM
Old 01-27-2004
ftp/Uncompress error.

I am getting a 'corupt index' error when I uncompress a file that has been ftped to HP-UX server from a Solaris box. I am actually ftp about 5 files and am able to Uncompress 4 of the files however I get a 'Corrupt Index' error when one of the fifth file is being Uncompressed.
Any help Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uncompress command

I am trying to install SUN explorer program on solaris: I download the file SUNWexplo.tar.Z from sun.com, ftp to /tmp then try to uncompress it with the following command: uncompress SUNWexplo.tar.Z which gives the following error: uncompress: corrupt input I tried downloading the file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: niamo1
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uncompress files

I get a compressed file for linux and I want to uncompress it in Unix. Is that possible? I try with te command uncompress but it didnīt work. T.hanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: diegoe
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Uncompress... me!!!!!! :)

Dear friends, i'm trying to uncompress an "...... tar.z" file. I'd readen that using the "uncompress" command it could be made but............... God! I can't!!!!! I tried a lot of times using the Terminal but the uncompress command doesn't obeys!!! :):) . Please i need to know how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gussiglo21
3 Replies

4. Programming

uncompress of zlib

When I gzopen & gzread from a gzip file, it works OK. But I when I try to uncompress the same data from memory (either by reading to memory with fread or mmap()ing) using decompress, I get Z_DATA_ERROR. Is it because gzip file has some kind of headers that uncompress doesn't want? How can I get... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rayne
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

uncompress

Hi All, is it possible to uncompress on another directory ? At the moment I have my file to uncompress on /u07 that has 5GB free. When uncompressed it would be more then 6G , I want to send uncompressed file on another directory where I have more free space. is it possible ? How ? Many thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compress in UNIX ftp the uncompress in windows server

Hi all, I need a shell script that will compress all the files in the UNIX box say /output/foldre/OUT/*.out. 1. I need to compress all the .out files present in this path. 2. The compressed files shuld be FTPed to Windows server say C:\Myfiles 3. Then the FTPed files should be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Codesearcher
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

uncompress a file and ftp

Hi Experts, Here is my piece of code-- #!/usr/bin/perl use Net::FTP; #use IO::Uncompress::Unzip qw(unzip $UnzipError) ; use IO::File ; print "Retrieving file from abc.com...\n"; $loginip='123.456.0.23'; $loginid='nt1234'; $loginpaswd='defgsljf';... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with uncompress...Urgent

Hi, I am restoring the database backup using compress utility(/usr/bin/compress) which takes around 1 hour.For restoration i use uncompress utility(/usr/bin/uncompress) which is taking nearly 6-7 hours.Can someone let me know how to reduce this time.I have pasted below the line from script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: santtarius
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Cannot uncompress the tar.gz

I've downloaded the tomcat from http://archive.apache.org/dist/jakarta/tomcat-5/v5.0.30/bin/ at window 2000 and then ftp to Solaris 5.9 in binary mode. gunzip -c jakarta-tomcat-5.0.30.tar.gz | tar -xvf - tar: directory checksum error if try this one, gzip -d jakarta-tomcat-5.0.30.tar.gz... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbox
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Uncompress and ftp a file

i have a compressed file, i need to ftp this file to remote server. while ftp i should uncompress and send, but the uncompressed file shouldn't write in the local server file system. is there any options how to do this using a named pipes in ftp?? greatly appreciate your suggestions? Thanmks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fakru.y
2 Replies
Pod::Index::Builder(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Pod::Index::Builder(3pm)

NAME
Pod::Index::Builder - Build a pod index SYNOPSIS
use Pod::Index::Builder; my $p = Pod::Index::Builder->new( pi_base => $base_path, ); for my $file (@ARGV) { $p->parse_from_file($file); } $p->print_index; DESCRIPTION
This is a subclass of Pod::Parser that reads POD and outputs nothing. However, it saves the position of every X<> entry it sees. The index can be retrieved as a hashref, or printed in a format that is understandable by Pod::Index::Search. METHODS
new The constructor, inherited from Pod::Parser. The only optional argument that cares about is "pi_base". If given, it is used as a base when converting pathnames to package names. For example, if "pi_path" = "lib", the filename lib/Pod/Index.pm will turn into "Pod::Index", instead of the undesirable "lib::Pod::Index". pod_index Retrieves the index as a hashref. The hash keys are the keywords contained in the X<> tags, normalized to lowercase; the values are array references of Pod::Index::Entry objects. print_index $parser->print_index($fh); $parser->print_index($filename); $parser->print_index(); Prints the index to the given output filename or filehandle (or STDOUT by default). The format is tab-delimited, with the following columns: 1) keyword 2) podname 3) line number 4) context (title of section containing this entry) The index is sorted by keyword in a case-insensitive way. VERSION
0.14 SEE ALSO
Pod::Index, Pod::Index::Entry, Pod::Index::Search, Pod::Parser, perlpod AUTHOR
Ivan Tubert-Brohman <itub@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005 Ivan Tubert-Brohman. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.0 2005-10-16 Pod::Index::Builder(3pm)