Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: timeout
Operating Systems HP-UX timeout Post 46833 by csaunders on Tuesday 27th of January 2004 05:39:04 PM
Old 01-27-2004
timeout

How can I kick a user out after being idle for a certain amount of time, would prefer not to use scripts, will TMOUT work on HP-UX?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Timeout period

How do i increase the timeout period of a telnet session? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nadeem Mistry
4 Replies

2. Solaris

About the Timeout

Hello everyone I am a new one,I want to know how to get the solaris force the loginer out if he do not in a time thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lyh003473
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

RPC Timeout

I have a RHEL 2.1 machine that I am trying to get to mount a remote nfs filesystem. Both servers have 2 network interfaces. My linux machine can mount the filesystem through one interface with no problems but if I switch over and try to mount it through the other interface using a totally... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darren.wyatt
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCP Timeout?

Hello, I was wondering is there a way for SCP to shorten the timeout to fail when it attempts to connect a host that is down. Seems like it takes about a minute or so for scp to timeout. This is on a AIX 5.3 box. I saw someone suggest use -o ConnectTimeout but the scp I use doesn't have that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: benefactr
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can we timeout cd command

Hi All, I want to know whether we can timeout the cd command in unix. If we can how is it implemented? Suppose cd command hangs can we timeout the command. Please help (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dipashre
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to set timeout?

When I run a script where the 1st parameter is ip address ftp -n -i -v $1 I hang here if the ip is wrong how to set a timeout something like if (20s not complete "ftp -n -i -v $1") then echo "error" fi Thanks a lot. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: uativan
14 Replies

7. Programming

using libpcap with timeout

I want to write a small application using Libpcap in C on Linux. Currently, it starts to sniff and waits for the packets. But that's not what I need actually. I want it to wait for N seconds and then stop listening. (I think there's something wrong with my usage of 'pcap_open_live'...) How... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyzt
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting a Timeout

Hi I'm writing a script which based on a condition, restarts a set of servers. The problem I'm facing is, say if one of the server is down, my script stops there and fails to proceed. How can I ensure to set a timeout value on that script, so when the server is not reachable, the script should... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathbalaji
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect timeout

Hello, I'm doing a simple script with expect (a telnet which works without user/pass), and I want to put a condition if timeout happens, then to print a message, but it doesn't work. The script looks like below: #!/usr/bin/expect log_user 0 set timeout 10 spawn telnet IP PORT send... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow19
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read timeout

I saw several thread for this issue but none addresses my issue. I have tried read -t but the result is read bad options My requirement is 1. Ask for input 2. If input = y or no input in 60 seconds then continue processing else exit fi Kindly consider this urgent. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rprasad
8 Replies
DOVEADM-KICK(1) 						      Dovecot							   DOVEADM-KICK(1)

NAME
doveadm-kick - Disconnect users by user name and/or IP address SYNOPSIS
doveadm [-Dv] kick [ -a anvil_socket_path] [-f] user doveadm [-Dv] kick [ -a anvil_socket_path] [-f] ip[/mask] doveadm [-Dv] kick [ -a anvil_socket_path] [-f] user ip[/mask] DESCRIPTION
doveadm's kick command is used to disconnect users by user name and/or the ip address, from which they are connected. In the first form, all users, whose login name matches the user argument, will be disconnected. In the second form, all users, connected from the given IP address or network range, will be disconnected. In the last form, only users connected from the given IP address or networks range and a matching login name will be disconnected. OPTIONS
Global doveadm(1) options: -D Enables verbosity and debug messages. -v Enables verbosity, including progress counter. Command specific options: -a anvil_socket_path This option is used to specify an absolute path to an alternative UNIX domain socket. By default doveadm(1) will use the socket /var/run/dovecot/anvil. The socket may be located in another directory, when the default base_dir setting was overridden in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf. -f Enforce the disconnect, even when there are multiple users, from different networks, connected to a single process. This option may be only required when you have configured something like: service imap { ... client_limit = 1+n service_count = 0 ... } ARGUMENTS
ip[/mask] ip or ip/mask is the host or network, from which the users are connected. user Is a user's login name. Depending on the configuration, a login name may be for example jane or john@example.com. It's also possi- ble to use '*' and '?' wildcards (e.g. -u *@example.org). EXAMPLE
If you don't want to disconnect all users at once, you can check who's currently logged in. The first example demonstrates how to discon- nect all users whose login name is 3 characters long and begins with ba. doveadm who -1 ja* username proto pid ip jane imap 8192 ::1 james imap 8203 2001:db8:543:2::1 doveadm kick ba? kicked connections from the following users: bar baz The next example shows how to kick user foo's connections from 192.0.2.*. doveadm who -1 foo username proto pid ip foo imap 8135 fd95:4eed:38ba::25 foo imap 9112 192.0.2.53 foo imap 8216 192.0.2.111 doveadm kick foo 192.0.2.0/24 kicked connections from the following users: foo doveadm who f* username # proto (pids) (ips) foo 1 imap (8135) (fd95:4eed:38ba::25) REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1), doveadm-who(1) Dovecot v2.1 2010-06-12 DOVEADM-KICK(1)