Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: My e-Machines desktop
Operating Systems Linux My e-Machines desktop Post 46818 by oombera on Tuesday 27th of January 2004 09:31:44 AM
Old 01-27-2004
So what's the question? Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

switching between machines

I work for a local authority, and have been asked to extend a project I recently worked on currently there are two (2) menus in operation each menu allows us to allow or deny access to users the problem the menus are on seperate machines (Iwant to make these menus sub menus) I want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: w33man
1 Replies

2. AIX

Booting RS/6000 machines from CD

I'm new to the AIX/RS6000 world - Trying to do an fresh Install of 5.2 on an 43P Model 140 RS/6000 machine. The book said hit F5 on boot up to boot to CD, but F5 only brings up Diagnostic mode. I changed the boot order to boot 1. Floppy 2. CD 3. HD 4. Network still no Dice Anything I'm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: almuwatta
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Allow only particular machines to access

Hi! I have a need to allow only certain IP addresses to access a machine running Red Hat Linux. I am not sure how this can be accomplished. Thanks in advance for your help. nua7 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
2 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

How were UNIX machines taken over by SPAMMERS?

Hello, Three of our machines at work were sending out SPAM on the internet. 2 of them were so old I knew that the hackers just exploited the vulnerabilities in the old systems. The cause of concern is that one one of the machines is a new Centos 5.3 box.The only proof we have is that 4-6 emails... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Change root on 80 machines

I have inherited an 80 machine cluster and need to change root on all of them. :confused: Any ideas on an automated way to do that? ---------- Post updated at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:15 AM ---------- Assuming a stronger password, would this be a reasonable method for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rd42
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

rcp on IBM machines

Hi does anybody know if "rcp" command has an IBM version, similar to "ping" which is "dping" on IBM. Thanks -A (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
1 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Ping between two virtual machines

Hello, I installed two virtual machines ubuntu10 on VM VirtualBox . Please, what are the steps to make a ping from one of these two machines on the other (the configurations )? Thank you. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connection between 2 machines via shell

Friends like I do the following To have a machine where I have a shell, which when run should go to a B machine which should take a few files and apply awk several validations and if that is correct execute a Procedure which is in machine B, it is possible to do that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
1 Replies
LSCPU(1)							   User Commands							  LSCPU(1)

NAME
lscpu - display information on CPU architecture SYNOPSIS
lscpu [-hpx] [-s directory] DESCRIPTION
lscpu gathers CPU architecture information like number of CPUs, threads, cores, sockets, NUMA nodes, information about CPU caches, CPU fam- ily, model, bogoMIPS, byte order and stepping from sysfs and /proc/cpuinfo, and prints it in a human-readable format. It supports both online and offline CPUs. It can also print out in a parsable format, including how different caches are shared by different CPUs, which can be fed to other programs. OPTIONS
-h, --help Print a help message. -p, --parse [=list] Print out in parsable instead of human-readable format. If the list argument is not given then the default backwardly compatible output is printed. The backwardly compatible format uses two commas to separate CPU cache columns. If no CPU caches are identified, then the cache columns are not printed at all. The list argument is comma delimited list of the columns. Currently supported are CPU, Core, Node, Socket, Book and Cache columns. If the list argument is given then always all requested columns are printed in the defined order. The Cache columns are separated by ':'. Note that the optional list argument cannot be separated from the option by a space, the correct form is for example '-p=cpu,node' or '--parse=cpu,node'. -s, --sysroot directory Use the specified directory as system root. This allows you to inspect a snapshot from a different system. -x, --hex Use hexadecimal masks for CPU sets (e.g. 0x3). The default is to print the sets in list format (e.g. 0,1). BUGS
The basic overview about CPU family, model, etc. is always based on the first CPU only. Sometimes in Xen Dom0 the kernel reports wrong data. AUTHOR
Cai Qian <qcai@redhat.com> Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com> AVAILABILITY
The lscpu command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux February 2011 LSCPU(1)