Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Runtime error...
Operating Systems Solaris Runtime error... Post 46768 by marpin on Saturday 24th of January 2004 05:50:29 PM
Old 01-24-2004
Question Runtime error...

My interprise use a UNIX mainform for a instrumentation process control. The control use the FOXBORO INVENSYS system and they donīt gonna solve the problem the run time error. The run time error happen without logic explication. When everything itīs run perfectely and happenly appears the run time library error. The FOXBORO INVENSYS couldnīt find the reason of the problem. They do everything and nothing better...
The run time library error make all system Foxboro Invensys stop and lost the process control. Itīs a risk so greatest!!!
Like we use the UNIX operational system together the WINDOWS NT, someone saw a same case this way? Will be the problem by UNIX operational system?

Last edited by marpin; 01-24-2004 at 06:55 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting Function Name At Runtime

Hi, Suppose I have a User define function get_abc in which I am using $0 to get the name of function. But when I call that function in any script, $0 will give the script name, not the function name. For example: Function: get_abc ------------------- get_abc( ){ echo $0 } Script:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeheyaansari
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Runtime Error...

My system did stay appears the error Run Time Library Error. What itīs? When the error appear, iīve to reboot my system and lost all I did. Is there the UNIX System problem? Please. I need help!!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: marpin
4 Replies

3. Solaris

How to get the path during runtime?

Hi guys, I have commands like /solaris/opt/VRTS/bin/vxdisk /opt/VRTS/bin/vxdisk From these two commands, i need to get the directory path value before /VRTS/bin/vxdisk at runtime. e.g /solaris/opt/VRTS/bin/vxdisk as /solaris/opt /opt/VRTS/bin/vxdisk as /opt I have tried with cut... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nandagopal
1 Replies

4. Programming

Runtime error in C++ Program - Help

All, I am getting this when i try to ran a program in HP unix. Things i came across 1. i have a system HP-UNIX where this same exe is working. 2. We have set a new HP_UNIX with the same configration and copied the exe to the new system we are getting this error. 3. Only... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
3 Replies

5. Programming

Help... runtime error in my maxheap sort program

#include<iostream> using namespace std; int *a,size,heapsize; void maxheap(int *a,int j) { int l,r,largest,temp; l=2*j; r=(2*j)+1; for(j=0;j<size;++j) { if(l<=heapsize && a>a) largest=l; else largest=j; if(r<=heapsize... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: poonam.gaigole
5 Replies

6. Programming

Runtime error in my code...

INFIX TO POSTFIX CONVERSION : //Convert an infix expression to postfix expression... #include<iostream> #include<cstring> #include<cstdlib> using namespace std; char ifx,pfx,stk; int top=-1,n; void push(char ch) { if(top!=n-1) { top++; stk=ch; } ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: poonam.gaigole
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No Java runtime environment (JRE) error

Hi all, I am trying to install a .bin file for that it requires IBMJava2-AMD64-142-JRE-1.4.2-13.8.x86_64.rpm to be installed. I have installed this rpm but when i try to install .bin file, it complains that no JRE found. How to solve this. Thanks in advance! #... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
0 Replies

8. Programming

Fortran runtime error: Insufficient data descriptors in format after reversion

Hello, I have some Fortran code that is providing the following error: At line 1165 of lapc_shells_2.f Fortran runtime error: Insufficient data descriptors in format after reversion Here are the lines just above and including 1165: WRITE (*,"('ATTEMPTING TO READ PLATE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jm4smtddd
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Runtime Error Enable user directory apache

Hi I am exactly according to this link CentOS 6 - Apache httpd - Enable Userdir : Server World I Enabled userDirectory Server version: Apache/2.2.15 CentOS release 6.8 (Final) But Iget this Error Forbidden You don't have permission to access /~mn/index.html on this server Goal... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnnn
2 Replies
S390_RUNTIME_INSTR(2)						System Calls Manual					     S390_RUNTIME_INSTR(2)

NAME
s390_runtime_instr - enable/disable s390 CPU run-time instrumentation SYNOPSIS
#include <asm/runtime_instr.h> int s390_runtime_instr(int command, int signum); DESCRIPTION
The s390_runtime_instr() system call starts or stops CPU run-time instrumentation for the calling thread. The command argument controls whether run-time instrumentation is started (S390_RUNTIME_INSTR_START, 1) or stopped (S390_RUN- TIME_INSTR_STOP, 2) for the calling thread. The signum argument specifies the number of a real-time signal. The real-time signal is sent to the thread if the run-time instrumentation buffer is full or if the run-time-instrumentation-halted interrupt occurred. RETURN VALUE
On success, s390_runtime_instr() returns 0 and enables the thread for run-time instrumentation by assigning the thread a default run-time instrumentation control block. The caller can then read and modify the control block and start the run-time instrumentation. On error, -1 is returned and errno is set to one of the error codes listed below. ERRORS
EINVAL The value specified in command is not a valid command or the value specified in signum is not a real-time signal number. ENOMEM Allocating memory for the run-time instrumentation control block failed. EOPNOTSUPP The run-time instrumentation facility is not available. VERSIONS
This system call is available since Linux 3.7. CONFORMING TO
This Linux-specific system call is available only on the s390 architecture. The run-time instrumentation facility is available beginning with System z EC12. NOTES
Glibc does not provide a wrapper for this system call, use syscall(2) to call it. SEE ALSO
syscall(2), signal(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux Programmer's Manual 2017-09-15 S390_RUNTIME_INSTR(2)