Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Code checking for all values in the same if statement. Post 46754 by fpmurphy on Friday 23rd of January 2004 07:35:01 PM
Old 01-23-2004
Ignoring the obvious typos in your code, the problem
seems to be due to the use of the test(1) utility.
(man test or man [ for further information).

When you use the [..] form of the test utility you must put
a space after the first bracket and before the closing
bracket for test(1) to interpret the contents correctly.

- Finnbarr

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking valid values in variable

I'm using the following in my script. if echo $cpuidle |/usr/bin/egrep ; then when I issue this statement it issues the value of the variable back to stdout which ends up in my output file. Is there a better way to write this? I'm using ksh on solaris 9. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error code checking

I'm trying to create a directory from my Perl script. Only if the there was an error I want to let the user know about it. So if the folder exists is ok. This is what I think should work: `mkdir log 2>/dev/null`; if($? == 0 || $? == errorCodeForFileExists) { everyting is fine } else {... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jepombar
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

checking parameter values passed to script

Hi, I will pass 3 parameters for a script.I have to check the file name and create a new file name with time stamp. the parameters which i'm passing are /dir/stg/filename.txt /dir/path/head.txt /dir/path/tail.txt Now i have to check filename like : if it is a.txt i have to create... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking the return code

hi i have a file, i am reading line by line and checking a line contains a string , `grep "Change state" $LINE` if then echo "The line contains---" else echo "The line does not contains---" i need to check the return code , but i am getting an error ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Iterative statement to cut values from a line

Hi I am new to shell scripting and trying to get values from a text file, I have a text file with values seperated with "|". like aga|120220090525|120220090525|120220090525|120220090530 bab|120220090530|120220090530|120220090535|120220090535|120220090535... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mannepalli
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SH if statement using FLOAT values

Today I spent longer than I'd like to admit figuring out how to write a Bourne shell IF statement that tests a FLOAT value before executing a block of statements. Here's the solution I found, which invokes bc. Hope this will come in handy for someone: value = testval = if then body... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sjepsen
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking the Column values in a file.

Hi All, I have a file that has ~2.9Millions lines with 32 columns respectively. The columns numbers 23,27 are the primary Keys for the file. The fields are delimited by TAB. I need to check the condition If Column number: 20 is NOT NULL Column number: 21 is not 0 Column number: 22 is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

code checking

i was just wondering how would you check , beside the lock method, if an instance of another code is already running and if it is then output a message to the user saying the program is already running and exit!! the code is in BOURNE SHELLL!!! thanks in advance!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bshell_1214
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking for duplicate code

I have a short line of code that checks very rudimentary for duplicate code: sort myfile.cpp | uniq -c | grep -v "^.*1 " | grep -v "}" It sorts the file, counts occurrences of each line, removes single occurrences and removes the ubiquitous closing brace. The language is C++, but is easily... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass values to case statement in a function korn shell

I'm in the process of writng a function that consists of a case statement is there a way of calling the function and passing a value to it? ie function1 () { case opt1 do ..... opt2 do..... esac } function opt1 I'm aware the syntax is not correct, but you get the general idea. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: squrcles
1 Replies
gtkhtml-editor-test(1)						   User Commands					    gtkhtml-editor-test(1)

NAME
gtkhtml-editor-test - A simple html editor for libgtkhtml. SYNOPSIS
gtkhtml-editor-test DESCRIPTION
gtkhtml-editor-test is a light-weight html editor for testing libgtkhtml-editor(3). It contains all the features that libgtkhtml-editor provides. It can be used to create a message in plaintext or HTML format. These features are used by the evolution(1). application. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWevolution-libs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
evolution(1), libgtkhtml-editor(3), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 28 Jul 2008 gtkhtml-editor-test(1)