Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix email facility
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Unix email facility Post 46688 by jsilva on Thursday 22nd of January 2004 09:00:15 AM
Old 01-22-2004
Hi,

You need to install the XCode Tools... get it here http://developer.apple.com/tools/macosxtools.html .

Good luck !

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using the LOG_AUTH facility

Hi, I am wanting to enable logging of all ftp sessions on my Solaris 8 host. I want to at least log all ftp logins and if possible any commands that the user executes. I have tried various settings in syslog.conf then rereading syslogd but logging still does not happen. I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blp001
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email where # is in the email address - Using Unix

Hi All, How do I send an email using malix where email address contains a #. I have a email address like this : #test@test.com I want to send email like malix -s "TEST" #test@test.com < SOMEFILE I tried \# but doesn't work. Please let me know how we can achieve this? I am in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
1 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to use mail facility in unix??

I'm a beginner in Unix. Please explain in short, how to send and receive mail in unix. The mail is already configured in the OS. Tell me the steps to send/receive mail in the command prompt. The platform is AIX 5.1. Thanks Karthik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fermisoft
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to use the CDE Facility

Hello I have a SunBlade 1000 workstation and I cannot login via CDE. All I get is a console login prompt. I then have to login via root and I just get the command line interface. I have being doing some research on the UNIX forum and the problem may lie with the content in etc/hosts file.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjwops
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a 'fuzzy search' facility in Linux?

I have over 10m documents that I want to search through against a list of know keywords, however the documents were produced using a technique that isn't perfect in how the data was presented. Is there a fuzzy keyword search available in Linux or can anyone think of a way of doing it that isn't... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashingaway
5 Replies

7. AIX

OpenSSH built in chroot facility

Hi all, I'm trying to set up a chroot sftp using OpenSSH. But I'm still having problems. I'm using AIX 5.3 My system and OpenSSH version as follows host1:/>oslevel 5.3.0.0 host1:/>oslevel -r 5300-10 host1:/>ssh -V OpenSSH_5.0p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8h 28 May 2008 host1:/>lslpp -l | grep open... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
2 Replies

8. AIX

openssh chroot facility and directory access

Good day. I currently have a request to have sftp access to a specific directory for a user(s). They can have access to that folder only, and nothing below it. Now here is the gotcha that seems to be catching me. The folder they need access to is NOT owned by root, and most of the parent... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: smurphy_it
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign Here Document Facility to a Variable

Hello All, I was wondering how I can assign a here document facility to a variable. I have tried the following: menu=$(<<MENU Option1 Option2 Option3 Option4 MENU ) ...but when I echo the $menu variable, the multiline list comes out in a single line such as: Option1 Option2 Option3... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: techieg
14 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send alerts to the sysmon facility?

We are moving from using the syslog facility to sysmon. My question is what API's are used to write alerts to sysmon (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thenrett
2 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)