Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: TCP over serial
Special Forums IP Networking TCP over serial Post 46612 by Yummator on Wednesday 21st of January 2004 01:36:08 AM
Old 01-21-2004
SL/IP config

Okay so i got far enough to figure out i need to configure SL/IP to get it working. Now, my issue is, how do I identify and configure the interface on each machine. I've tried dmesg but (in case you cant tell) I don't know what to look for.

TIA!
DAZ

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Tcp/ip

!HELLO , What is the maximum number of hosts on a TCP/IP internet? plz can u help me. :rolleyes: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smdakram
2 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

TCP Wrappers

I have installed TCP wrappers , Good package ... I have a problem with the hosts_options part ... I am not able to use the twist command .. It just dosent respond I have compiled wrappers 7.6 for Solaris 8 with ipv6 support ... Everything works fine except the twist doesnt work I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DPAI
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Tcp\ip

I have written a TCP/IP client and server program. The client sends a message to the server and then the server sends a file back to the client. The client reads the buffer and stores it another file in the client side. I need to know what are the various exceptions that I need to handle in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeshsu
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCP/IP Source

can u tell me from where do i get TCP/IP Source code plz. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeep83rawat
2 Replies

5. Solaris

TCP Wrappers - again

has anyone ever tried using a client list in thier hosts.allow file Example of hosts.allow) in.ftpd: /etc/ftp.hosts "ftp.hosts" has my list of IP address that are allow access.... However I cant get this work...Any Comments or Help? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dodge_man
0 Replies

6. AIX

TCP/IP Inerface

Hi, Is there anyway to bring down ethernet interface using non-root ID? Appreciate if you could advice how to do that using non-root ID and what are previleges required in order to perform the tasks. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srllee
1 Replies

7. AIX

TCP wrappers

With things installed and wrapping ftpd on AIX 5.1 in hosts.deny I have; ALL: ALL in hosts.allow; ftpd: x.x.x.x ALL: x.x.x.x I get this on connect via ftp; 421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection So its working as far as blocking but the hosts.allow seems to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: traken
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Ubuntu 9.04 Serial application to telnet to serial device

Hello! I am working on an application which reads environmental instruments which have serial ports. The application requires a serial port to be present to talk to the device (i.e. /dev/ttyS0 ). In some instances the environmental devices will be 100's of yards away from the computer, so a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvona
5 Replies

9. Programming

TCP/IP Illustrated

Hi guys. I'm going to buy TCP/IP Illustrated series(3 Volumes). But I saw that these books are very outdated. But reviews at amazon says that these books are awesome. What is your idea? Is it worth? What else do you suggest? I'm interested in practical books from protocol design to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Too much TCP retransmitted and TCP duplicate on server Oracle Solaris 10

I have problem with oracle solaris 10 running on oracle sparc T4-2 server. Os information: 5.10 Generic_150400-03 sun4v sparc sun4v Output from tcpstat.d script TCP bytes: out outRetrans in inDup inUnorder 6833763 7300 98884 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: insatiable1610
2 Replies
IPX_CMD(8)						      System Manager's Manual							IPX_CMD(8)

NAME
ipx_cmd - bridge between Novell's SCMD driver and local IPX network SYNOPSIS
ipx_cmd -A server name [ -l local interface name ] DESCRIPTION
ipx_cmd moves packets from tapN to server and vice versa. It is something like IPX Tunnel, but it uses Novell Netware 5 server Compatibil- ity Mode Driver (AKA Migration Agent) on the other end of wire. You must first configure your kernel tapN device with IPX EthernetII frame and with network number set up on server (you can use kernel autodetection). OPTIONS
-A server name This is IP name of compatibility mode server. You can use DNS name or dotted quad to specify server address. -l local interface name This allows you to specify, which of your IP addresses should be used as IP address of client side of CMD driver. You must configure your tapN device with hardware address 7E:01:AA:BB:CC:DD, where AA:BB:CC:DD is your IP address in hexa. EXAMPLE
If you are on server platan.vc.cvut.cz (147.32.240.81) and your migration agent runs on server boris.vc.cvut.cz, you can configure your system with: insmod ethertap ifconfig tap0 hw ether 7E:01:93:20:F0:51 up ipx_interface add -p tap0 EtherII ipx_cmd -A boris.vc.cvut.cz -l 147.32.240.81 & BUGS
This program was written to satisfy my own needs and should be really improved. At least it should configure tap interface itself. AUTHOR
Petr Vandrovec <vandrove@vc.cvut.cz> ipx_cmd IPX Utilities IPX_CMD(8)