Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix to MicroSoft Outlook Mails Post 466 by Deepali Potnis on Tuesday 5th of December 2000 11:35:48 AM
Old 12-05-2000
Unix to Microsoft Outlook Mails

I have tried all of the commands mentioned in the reply. The uuencode command worked in Linux but not in Unix. Through Unix it sends the encoded file to Microsoft Outlook 98. Does it require any environmental variable to be set? Can the 'elm' command be operated in a non-interactive way? Pl. help.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

outlook for unix?

Anyone know if you can download an outlook client to run on Unix? Company recently moved to outlook 2003 and I am wondering if I can install a client on my solaris 9 ultra 10 to access my internal mail.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it possible to install microsoft outlook on unix

Hi Every one, I have to install microsoft outlook on unix operating system. We can install microsoft outlook on Linux operating system using WINE HQ Emulator. Like wise any Emulator , interface or compatibility layer for running Windows Applications. Please give some suggestions links to do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: carthikn
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Accessing outlook mails from unix

Hi, For a requirement in my project, i need to implement code in unix such that unix checks whether the necessary mails from a particular client is received in outook inbox. Note that, i ve to check whether that particular mail has got any attachment too.. Please tell me whether this is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nazeembenazir
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read outlook mails for a particular user and store that mail description in a excel/notepad

My requirements are :- Remote connection to the another server with log in credential. Read the mail from a particular user with date,subject and contents and store these data in XLs with consecutive columns (date,subject and contents). Mail that XLs to multiple user those are in a mailing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjan001
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display Pie Chart/Bar Graph in microsoft outlook email using UNIX commands/Shell scripts

I have a shell script which executes to write html codes into a text file. My next step is to email the text file so that receiving person (people who i send email to) should be able to see pie/chart or bar graph (whatever i design in my code) in their email. Following is the example of a sample... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bikerboy
7 Replies
uuencode(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						       uuencode(4)

NAME
uuencode - format of an encoded uuencode file DESCRIPTION
Files output by consist of a header line followed by a number of body lines, and a trailer line. The command ignores any lines preceding the header or following the trailer (see uuencode(1)). Lines preceding a header must not look like a header. The header line consists of the word followed by a space, a mode (in octal), another space, and a string which specifies the name of the remote file. The body consists of a number of lines, each containing 62 or fewer characters (including trailing new-line). These lines consist of a character count, followed by encoded characters, followed by a newline. The character count is a single printing character, which represents an integer. This integer is the number of bytes in the rest of the line, and always ranges from 0 to 63. The byte count can be determined by subtracting the equivalent octal value of an ASCII space charac- ter (octal 40) from the character. Groups of 3 bytes are stored in 4 characters, 6 bits per character. All are offset by a space to make the characters printable. The last line may be shorter than the normal 45 bytes. If the size is not a multiple of 3, this fact can be determined by the value of the count on the last line. Extra meaningless data will be included, if necessary, to make the character count a multiple of 4. The body is terminated by a line with a count of zero. This line consists of one ASCII space. The trailer line consists of the word on a line by itself. SEE ALSO
mail(1), uuencode(1), uucp(1). uuencode(4)