Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users MYSQL command to take a backup of the database in Redhat linux 7.2 Post 46569 by bache_gowda on Monday 19th of January 2004 11:35:46 PM
Old 01-20-2004
MYSQL command to take a backup of the database in Redhat linux 7.2

I am new to mysql database ,

we have a mysql database running on linux , and we use mysql database for bugzilla, so we wanted to take a backup .

what is the command for taking the entire database backup
from the command prompt with all options.

Thanks in advance
Bache Gowda

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mysql in redhat

Does anyone know how to get mysql up and running with the installed version that comes with redhat linux? I've spent hours with no progress. Thank you (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gparsons70
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command(s) to find size of mysql database?

hello, i'm trying to figure out the size of a mysql database shelling into my server with putty / command line. is there / are there any commands that will return the size of a database, in MB? thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbourgeois
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redhat linux command to check Version

Hi All, I need to know RedHat linux version installed on a different servers. I know uname -a or /proc/version Is any other command to know the Linux version???? When we telnet to any of the Linux server, the version shows very clearly like Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3 (Taroon... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
1 Replies

4. Linux

Linux System Backup Command

Hi All, Is there any command to take complete system backup (image) in Linux like mksysb command in AIX ? Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to backup a particular Database in MYSQL?

Hi All, Thanks in Advance!! How to backup a particular Databases..through Bash script!! For example i have 6 databases; Anish linux Software Questions Rhce Google these are the databases i have from that i want to take "Anish" and "questions" database backup regularly.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux backup command line or live cd?, what do you use?

Linux backup command line or live CD?, what do you use? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaja
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increase command length for ksh shell on Redhat Linux

I have a ksh shell script and i need to pass arguments which are generated by data pulled from a database. When the argument to the shell script is too long (about 4000 charecters) the below is the issue observed. I copy the command which is 4000 charecters long from the logs and paste it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies
DB2BAK(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 DB2BAK(8)

NAME
db2bak - Directory Server script for making a backup of the database SYNOPSIS
db2bak [archivedir] [-Z serverID] [-q] [-h] DESCRIPTION
Creates a backup of the database. This script can be executed while the server is running or stopped. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below: archivedir The full path to the directory to store the backup. -Z Server Identifier The server ID of the Directory Server instance. If there is only one instance on the system, this option can be skipped. -q Quiet mode. Reduces output of task. -h Display the usage. EXAMPLE
db2bak -Z instance2 Makes a backup of the entire database for 'instance2', and stores it in the default server instance backup directory. db2bak /LDAP/backups/20130305 Creates a backup of the database and stores it in specified location. DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is zero if no errors occur. Errors result in a non-zero exit status and a diagnostic message being written to standard error. AUTHOR
db2bak was written by the 389 Project. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to http://bugzilla.redhat.com. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2013 Red Hat, Inc. Mar 5, 2013 DB2BAK(8)