Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux in SA
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Linux in SA Post 46552 by proteus on Monday 19th of January 2004 03:40:12 PM
Old 01-19-2004
Question Linux in SA

I live in South Africa and haas become increasingly interested in Linux. Where can i get "hard" copy meaning a copy on CD rather than a download. Internet is very slow here. I am also interested to hear which versions are the best since i have had no experience with linux.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Fedora

Which is the better platform to learn UNIX/Linux (Kali Linux Vs. Red Hat or other)?

I just started a new semester and I started my UNIX class yesterday. I've already decided to use python along with my learning process but what I really want to use with it is Kali as my UNIX/Linux platform to learn off of since I already wanted to learn Cyber Sec. anyways. I just wanted to know if... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ApacheOmega
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Simple sed command not working; could be a Mac/Linux vs. PC/Linux issue

Hello, I am on a Mac and trying to clean up some monthly files with a very simple SED: sed '3,10d;/<ACROSS>/,$d' input.txt > output.txt (from the input, delete lines 3 - 10; then delete from the line containing <ACROSS> to the end of the file) then output to output.txt Even when I try... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: verbatim
2 Replies
XSelectInput(3X11)						  XLIB FUNCTIONS						XSelectInput(3X11)

NAME
XSelectInput - select input events SYNTAX
XSelectInput(display, w, event_mask) Display *display; Window w; long event_mask; ARGUMENTS
display Specifies the connection to the X server. event_mask Specifies the event mask. w Specifies the window whose events you are interested in. DESCRIPTION
The XSelectInput function requests that the X server report the events associated with the specified event mask. Initially, X will not report any of these events. Events are reported relative to a window. If a window is not interested in a device event, it usually propa- gates to the closest ancestor that is interested, unless the do_not_propagate mask prohibits it. Setting the event-mask attribute of a window overrides any previous call for the same window but not for other clients. Multiple clients can select for the same events on the same window with the following restrictions: o Multiple clients can select events on the same window because their event masks are disjoint. When the X server generates an event, it reports it to all interested clients. o Only one client at a time can select CirculateRequest, ConfigureRequest, or MapRequest events, which are associated with the event mask SubstructureRedirectMask. o Only one client at a time can select a ResizeRequest event, which is associated with the event mask ResizeRedirectMask. o Only one client at a time can select a ButtonPress event, which is associated with the event mask ButtonPressMask. The server reports the event to all interested clients. XSelectInput can generate a BadWindow error. DIAGNOSTICS
BadWindow A value for a Window argument does not name a defined Window. SEE ALSO
Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 Release 6.6 XSelectInput(3X11)