Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Logging out all logins. No one can answer this. Post 46500 by kduffin on Saturday 17th of January 2004 05:51:40 PM
Old 01-17-2004
Quick question. Are you using a network based password authent such as NIS, NIS+ or LDAP?

Keith

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with logins

Could someone please tell me what I would have to do so I can dial in to Solaris through a modem and login? Thanks in advance. Jomar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crispyco
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NVT logins

Hello again! Another thing came up the other day. I've noticed that a few of my "beloved" users who by the way, use NVT (Novell Virtual Terminal) to log in the server, when told to log off, press the power button to shut down their computer, instead of logging off as they should. As a result... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pappous
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logins-logouts

I want a script that checks the logins and logouts in a system.Is there a way to keep the logins and logouts in files and then compare them every e.g. 10 seconds? for tcsh. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aekaramg20
1 Replies

4. AIX

Limit logins to 1

Trying to limit 1 login per account... Setup: We have 2 auth logins, one to the AIX (telnet)then into a distribution mgmt software, the users do not have a shell to log into on the AIX itself, so placing a script such as: active=`who | awk '{printf",%s,\n",$1}' | grep ,$LOGNAME, | wc -l` ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pheusion
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help finding number of logins!

Let's say I am trying to find out how many times someone has logged into the machine. Use last to display all the different logins, several names pop up, some multiple times. All I have been able to figure out is the total number of logins, but I can't determine how to compare if $1(user name) is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TiznaraN
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Last two logins script

This is the contents of my file: donald.duck 12/07/2009 12:07:58 donald.duck 12/07/2009 12:17:36 donald.duck 12/07/2009 12:22:29 donald.duck 12/07/2009 12:26:39 donald.duck 12/07/2009 12:28:01 mickey.mouse 12/07/2009 12:48:49 mickey.mouse 12/07/2009 12:49:33 mickey.mouse 12/07/2009... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: diallo0024
3 Replies

7. AIX

Logging user logins

I want to know how I can turn off and turn on login logging. We have a server that appears to have stopped logging user logins. Running the who command shows nothing and the last command shows no logins for a month. The var/adm/wtmp file isn't full and there is plenty of space in the var file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveisme
2 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Constant Logging In (After Logging Out)

Hi Everyone. First, I want to thank all of you for letting me participate in this great group. I am having a bit of a problem. After I get an email from a responder, I login to make my reply. In the mean time I get another response by email from another member, I go to reply to them and I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ccccc
6 Replies

9. Solaris

User Logins

Is the below logins are needed in the machine..... nuucp , uucp ,smmsp , svctag , listen , webservd , ip ( We are not using printers), Can you help in these? Regards, kumar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshkumarvg
3 Replies

10. Linux

Syslog not logging successful logging while unlocking server's console

When unlocking a Linux server's console there's no event indicating successful logging Is there a way I can fix this ? I have the following in my rsyslog.conf auth.info /var/log/secure authpriv.info /var/log/secure (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walterthered
1 Replies
timed(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  timed(8)

NAME
timed - The network time daemon SYNOPSIS
timed [-tME] [-n | -i network] FLAGS
Specifies the names of the networks (as defined in the /etc/networks file) to be excluded from clock synchronization. Each network name that is an argument to the -i flag is added to the list of networks that the timed daemon will ignore. If the -i flag is used, timed accesses all networks to which the host is connected except for the specified networks. If neither the -i flag nor the -n flag is used, timed tries to access all the network devices connected to the local host. Do not use the -i and -n flags together. Specifies that a machine can become the time server if the master time server becomes inoperative. See the Restrictions section for more information. Overrides the input of slaves. Use the -E flag in conjunction with the -M flag. It specifies that a master timed system will not average the times of the slaves to calculate the network time. Instead, it distributes the time of its local host as the network time. This flag allows a master timed system to distribute time to a network while the network time is controlled by an outside agent (such as the Network Time Protocol (NTP)). Specifies the names of the networks (as defined in the /etc/networks file) to be included in clock synchronization. When timed is started, it gathers information about all the network devices connected to the local host. The network argument to the -n flag is the name of the network that timed should access. If the -n flag is used, only the specified networks are accessed. If neither the -n flag nor the -i flag is used, timed tries to access all the network devices connected to the local host. Do not use the -n and -i flags together. Enables tracing of messages received in /usr/adm/timed.log. DESCRIPTION
The timed daemon is not invoked at boot time by default. You can use /usr/sbin/timedsetup to configure the timed daemon. The timed daemon synchronizes the host's clock with those of other machines on the local area network that are also running the timed dae- mon. The timed daemon slows the clocks of some machines and speeds up the clocks on other machines to create an average network time. The average network time is computed from measurements of clock differences using the Internet Control Message Protocol ICMP timestamp request message. The service provided by timed is based on a master/slave (client/server) scheme. When timed is started on a machine, it asks the master timed daemon for the network time and sets the host's clock to that time. After that, the host accepts synchronization messages periodi- cally sent by the master and calls the adjtime system call to perform the needed corrections on the host's clock. The timed daemon also communicates with the date command to set the date globally, and with timedc, the timed control program. If the machine running the master ceases to function, a machine that is running the timed daemon with the -M flag becomes the new master timed daemon. Note The timed daemon is provided for compatibility. Tru64 UNIX also provides support for the Network Time Protocol through the xntpd daemon. You should use NTP for time synchronization. If you need to run both NTP and the timed daemon, you must run the timed daemon with the -E flag. If you plan to run both the timed daemon and NTP, you should also configure NTP first. RESTRICTIONS
In configurations with two or more hosts each connected to the same two or more subnetworks, only one of the host can run the timed with the -M option. FILES
Specifies the command path Contains messages traced for the timed command Contains information about the known networks RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: date(1), timedc(8), timedsetup(8) Daemons: xntpd(8) Functions: adjtime(2), gettimeofday(2) delim off timed(8)