Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Oracle to MySQL through Unix
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Oracle to MySQL through Unix Post 46472 by Z24_2000 on Friday 16th of January 2004 03:06:05 PM
Old 01-16-2004
Thanks for all of the input

Hi All,

thank you for taking the time to respond to my post.

As it stands, it appears I am going to go with a driect data grab from the Oracle DB using a PHP script then a driect write to the the MySQL DB using PHP as well.

Thanks again,
Andrew

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Restore of oracle 8i from hp unix 11.0 to HP unix 11i

Hi, We are planning to migrate oracle 8.1.7.2 (8i) currently installed on a host with HP unix 11.0 to a host with HP Unix 11i. The method we are adopting is backup and restore of all file systems. Could this be a problem, apart from linking libraries on the target system. Thanks for the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitb
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix is killing mysql or something else is happening

I don't know what is happening but none of my queries work. When I start mysql, even the use <database> option fails... So when I start mysql with -A, it atleast opens the database and shows the tables. But now, when I perform even a select option on the database, it hangs... Repair is not working... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connect MySQL database from Unix

How to connect a MySQL database from unix using unix shell scripting ( people are using perl scrpt to connect the same database). I want to access a MySQL database through a shell script (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
4 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

couldn login mysql in unix ...

hi am getting this error when i tried to login in unix.. ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) but my application works fine... can u guide me,, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in installing mysql on unix server

Hi , I am trying to install mysql but getting below error $# mysql ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) can anyone provide me this file 'mysql.sock' Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
6 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Please help: Oracle gqsql or sqlplus output format like mysql

On psql select titolo,lingua from titolo where titolo ~* 'brivid'; titolo | lingua ------- + ------ Brivido | 1 On Sqlplus/gqsql SQL> select titolo,genere,anno,lingua from titolo where titolo like '%rivid%'; TITOLO... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
6 Replies

7. Programming

MySQL query does not work on Oracle 11g

Dear community, I have to make a "simple" query on ORACLE 11g DB who will output ONLY numbers in field1 who exceeded a specific threshold. In other words, assuming I have the following data in database. FIELD1 FIELD2 FIELD3 ========= ============== ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
3 Replies
MYSQL_GET_SERVER_INFO(3)						 1						  MYSQL_GET_SERVER_INFO(3)

mysql_get_server_info - Get MySQL server info

SYNOPSIS
Warning This extension is deprecated as of PHP 5.5.0, and will be removed in the future. Instead, the MySQLi or PDO_MySQL extension should be used. See also MySQL: choosing an API guide and related FAQ for more information. Alternatives to this function include: omysqli_get_server_info(3) o PDO::getAttribute string mysql_get_server_info ([resource $link_identifier = NULL]) DESCRIPTION
Retrieves the MySQL server version. o $ link_identifier -The MySQL connection. If the link identifier is not specified, the last link opened by mysql_connect(3) is assumed. If no such link is found, it will try to create one as if mysql_connect(3) was called with no arguments. If no connection is found or established, an E_WARNING level error is generated. Returns the MySQL server version on success or FALSE on failure. Example #1 mysql_get_server_info(3) example <?php $link = mysql_connect('localhost', 'mysql_user', 'mysql_password'); if (!$link) { die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error()); } printf("MySQL server version: %s ", mysql_get_server_info()); ?> The above example will output something similar to: MySQL server version: 4.0.1-alpha mysql_get_client_info(3), mysql_get_host_info(3), mysql_get_proto_info(3), phpversion(3). PHP Documentation Group MYSQL_GET_SERVER_INFO(3)