Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: TMPDIR wasn't set
UNIX Standards and Benchmarks UNIX & LINUX Benchmarks (Version 3.11) UNIX Benchmarks TMPDIR wasn't set Post 46396 by mattd on Wednesday 14th of January 2004 09:39:45 PM
Old 01-14-2004
Does anyone know where I can get this "language optional software package"? or do i have to install gcc.

# make
Checking distribution of files
./pgms exists
./src exists
./testdir exists
./doc exists
/tmp exists
./results exists
gcc -o ./pgms/arithoh -DTIME -O -Darithoh ./src/arith.c
/usr/ucb/cc: language optional software package not installed
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `pgms/arithoh'
mattd

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

My network card wasn't recognised

HI I'm using red hat 7.0 and i've tried to find my network card, because it wasn't recognised at install time. I issued this commands "modprobe ne" and "modprobe 3c59x" and i got the message /lib/modules/2.2.16-22/net/ne.0: insmod failed. At this point i suppose to get this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMOTEB
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to change \tmpdir directory or increase size?

Hi, We're stuck after the Unix admin left without prior notice. We have a web application running on mySQL. it seems that the \tmpdir for mySQL is mount to var\tmp directory which has only 60 MB of available disk space running any big query fails due to the size limitation I don't have... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ray
13 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"\n" wasn't recognized in exp script

hi, I am new in Expect I wanna write something into a file, but it didn't recognize \n in my string. for example, a simple script like this: #!/usr/local/bin/expect -- set logfile puts $logfile "===========================\n hello,allen\n===========================\n" it shown... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: allenxiao7
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to set server's ip address, router, network mask and set if it is an internal or external ip?

Hello, I need to write a program which sets server's ip address, router, network mask. Program also should set if it is an internal or external ip. Maybe someone can help me ? Any information from u is very useful :b: I stopped at .. :( #!/bin/sh A=`hostname -i` echo "server ip address is $A"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zagaruika
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

set Net:SSH:Expect timeout and set it again.

SSHing into a machine can take a few seconds, but after I'm in, the commands return quickly. I was wondering if the timeout setting can be changed once I'm logged into the machine. Does anyone know if this can be set on the fly? The problem here is, if I have to set timeout = 10, it'll take 10... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
1 Replies

6. Solaris

LC_ALL & LANG are set OK, but others couldn't set locale correctly.

Hi, I have a Solaris (SunOS 5.10) installed, by default with the en_AU.UTF-8 locale. I want to change it to en_US.UTF-8 With AU, I have no issues whatsoever, so I installed the language package and now locale -a shows "en_US.UTF-8". Problem is even with LC_ALL set in etc/default/init, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asdfg
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with shell script to search and replace a set of strings among the set of files

Hi, I am looking for a shell script which serves the below purpose. Please find below the algorithm for the same and any help on this would be highly appreciated. 1)set of strings need to be replaced among set of files(directory may contain different types of files) 2)It should search for... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amulya
10 Replies
OBNAM-BENCHMARK(1)					      General Commands Manual						OBNAM-BENCHMARK(1)

NAME
obnam-benchmark - benchmark obnam SYNOPSIS
obnam-benchmark [--config=FILE] [--description=DESCRIPTION] [--drop-caches] [--dump-config] [--dump-memory-profile=METHOD] [--dump-setting-names] [--file-size=SIZE] [--generate-manpage=TEMPLATE] [--generations=N] [-h] [--help] [--larch-branch=DIR] [--list-config-files] [--log=FILE] [--log-keep=N] [--log-level=LEVEL] [--log-max=SIZE] [--log-mode=MODE] [--no-default-configs] [--obnam-branch=DIR] [--output=FILE] [--profile-name=PROFILE-NAME] [--results=DIR] [--seivot-branch=DIR] [--seivot-log=SEIVOT-LOG] [--sftp-delay=SFTP-DELAY] [--size=PAIR] [--use-sftp-repository] [--use-sftp-root] [--verify] [--version] [--with-encryption] [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
obnam-benchmark benchmarks the obnam(1) backup application, by measuring how much time it takes to do a backup, restore, etc, in various scenarios. obnam-benchmark uses the seivot(1) tool for actually running the benchmarks, but makes some helpful assumptions about things, to make it simpler to run than running seivot directly. Benchmarks are run using two different usage profiles: mailspool (all files are small), and mediaserver (all files are big). For each pro- file, test data of the desired total size is generated, backed up, and then several incremental generations are backed up, each adding some more generated test data. Then other operations are run against the backup repository: restoring, listing the contents of, and removing each generation. The result of the benchmark is a .seivot file per profile, plus a Python profiler file for each run of obnam. These are stored in ../benchmarks. A set of .seivot files can be summarized for comparison with seivots-summary(1). The profiling files can be viewed with the usual Python tools: see the pstats module. The benchmarks are run against a version of obnam checked out from version control. It is not (currently) possible to run the benchmark against an installed version of obnam. Also the larch Python library, which obnam needs, needs to be checked out from version control. The --obnam-branch and --larch-branch options set the locations, if the defaults are not correct. OPTIONS
--config=FILE add FILE to config files --description=DESCRIPTION describe benchmark --drop-caches drop kernel buffer caches --dump-config write out the entire current configuration --dump-memory-profile=METHOD make memory profiling dumps using METHOD, which is one of: none, simple, meliae, or heapy (default: simple) --dump-setting-names write out all names of settings and quit --file-size=SIZE how big should files be? --generate-manpage=TEMPLATE fill in manual page TEMPLATE --generations=N benchmark N generations (default: 5) -h, --help show this help message and exit --larch-branch=DIR use DIR as the larch branch (default: /sbuild-nonexistent/larch/trunk) --list-config-files list all possible config files --log=FILE write log entries to FILE (default is to not write log files at all); use "syslog" to log to system log, or "none" to disable log- ging --log-keep=N keep last N logs (10) --log-level=LEVEL log at LEVEL, one of debug, info, warning, error, critical, fatal (default: debug) --log-max=SIZE rotate logs larger than SIZE, zero for never (default: 0) --log-mode=MODE set permissions of new log files to MODE (octal; default 0600) --no-default-configs clear list of configuration files to read --obnam-branch=DIR use DIR as the obnam branch to benchmark (default: .) --output=FILE write output to FILE, instead of standard output --profile-name=PROFILE-NAME short name for benchmark scenario --results=DIR put results under DIR (../benchmarks) --seivot-branch=DIR use DIR as the seivot branch (default: installed seivot) --seivot-log=SEIVOT-LOG seivot log setting --sftp-delay=SFTP-DELAY add artifical delay to sftp transfers (in milliseconds) --size=PAIR add PAIR to list of sizes to benchmark (e.g., 10g/1m) --use-sftp-repository access the repository over SFTP (requires ssh to localhost to work) --use-sftp-root access the live data over SFTP (requires ssh to localhost to work) --verify verify restores --version show program's version number and exit --with-encryption run benchmark using encryption ENVIRONMENT
TMPDIR This variable must be set. It controls where the temporary files (generated test data) is stored. If this variable was not set, they'd be put into /tmp, which easily fills up, to the detriment of the entire system. Thus. obnam-benchmark requires that the lo- cation is set explicitly. (You can still use /tmp if you want, but you have to set TMPDIR explicitly.) FILES
../benchmarks/ The default directory where results of the benchmark are stored, in a subdirectory named after the branch and revision numbers. EXAMPLE
To run a small benchmark: TMPDIR=/var/tmp obnam-benchmark --size=10m/1m To run a benchmark using existing data: TMPDIR=/var/tmp obnam-benchmark --use-existing=$HOME/Mail To view the currently available benchmark results: seivots-summary ../benchmarks/*/*mail*.seivot | less -S seivots-summary ../benchmarks/*/*media*.seivot | less -S (You need to run seivots-summary once per usage profile.) SEE ALSO
obnam(1), seivot(1), seivots-summary(1). OBNAM-BENCHMARK(1)