Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ftp speed
Operating Systems HP-UX ftp speed Post 46314 by ottof on Tuesday 13th of January 2004 12:23:17 PM
Old 01-13-2004
Network ftp speed

Background;
FTP-ing a small 210K file to a HP7410 attached to a EVA500 the averaging speed 400KB/s
FTP-ing a small 210K file to a K570 the average speed is 4500KB/s
FTP-ing a 31MB file to a HP7410 attached to a EVA 5000 the average speed is 5500KB/s
FTP-ing a 31MB file to a K570 the average speed is 4800KB/s

Any hints? Both servers are on a CAT 5000 switch (same blade). There is no bottlenecks on the switch confirmed by a Cisco professional.

THX

Otto

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Speed it up!

I wonder, are there any "tricks" to increase my server's access time in general? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pappous
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Speed of mv vs. cp

Hi, Is mv (move) command quicker than cp (copy command)? I have large files and I want to know if mv actually copy the data to a new file then deletes the old or whether it just alters information the file system without physically moving data - Unfortuanately I don't have large files to test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GMMike
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

dmidecode, RAM speed = "Current Speed: Unknown"

Hello, I have a Supermicro server with a P4SCI mother board running Debian Sarge 3.1. This is the "dmidecode" output related to RAM info: RAM speed information is incomplete.. "Current Speed: Unknown", is there anyway/soft to get the speed of installed RAM modules? thanks!! Regards :)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santi
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimizing for a Speed-up

How would one go about optimizing this current .sh program so it works at a more minimal time. Such as is there a better way to count what I need than what I have done or better way to match patterns in the file? Thanks, #declare variables to be used. help=-1 count=0 JanCount=0 FebCount=0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: switch
3 Replies

5. AIX

FTP Speed Problem on IBM P-Series equiped with AIX 5.2

Hi, We have IBM P-Series servers (P690, P650) equiped with AIX 5.2. Further we have 10/100 MB ethernet cards in P650 and 10/100/1000 MB ethernet cards in P690 servers. Servers are on a LAN connected with Cisco 3750 catalyst switch. FTP from one server to another is very slow,,,even 3-4 MB... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aqeelcu@hotmail
3 Replies

6. Solaris

network speed

i have first server (sun solaris 5.10) for example X(172.x.x.x) and i have second server (sun solaris 5.10) for example Y(192.x.x.x) also we have 3 clients PC (windows XP)(172.x.x.x) the X server connect to Y server and to clients PC * who to know the network speed between X and Y * who to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anwar
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Speed up this script!

I have a script that processes a fair amount of data -- say, 25-50 megs per run. I'd like ideas on speeding it up. The code is actually just a preprocessor -- I'm using another language to do the heavy lifting. But as it happens, the preprocessing takes much more time than the final processing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
3 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

data from blktrace: read speed V.S. write speed

I analysed disk performance with blktrace and get some data: read: 8,3 4 2141 2.882115217 3342 Q R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2142 2.882116411 3342 G R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2144 2.882117647 3342 I R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2145 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: W.C.C
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i speed this script up?

Hi, Im quite new to scripting and would like a bit of assistance with trying to speed up the following script. At the moment it is quite slow.... Any way to improve it? total=111120 while do total=`expr $total + 1` INCREMENT=$total firstline = "blablabla" secondline = "blablabla"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: brunlea
5 Replies

10. Solaris

FTP speed limitation

Can you please help me with next script: It should put some 1-day-old files from local directory to ftp server, but speed should be decreased down to 5 mb/s. Any ideas? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: esir
4 Replies
ftpconfig(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     ftpconfig(1M)

NAME
ftpconfig - set up anonymous FTP SYNOPSIS
ftpconfig [ftpdir] ftpconfig -d ftpdir DESCRIPTION
The ftpconfig script is executed by the super user to set up anonymous FTP. Anonymous FTP allows users to remotely log on to the FTP server by specifying the user name ftp or anonymous and the user's email address as password. The anonymous users are logged on to the FTP Server and given access to a restricted file area with its own file system root. See chroot(2). The FTP area has its own minimal system files. This command will copy and set up all the components needed to operate an anonymous FTP server, including creating the ftp user account, creating device nodes, copying /usr/lib files, and copying timezone data. The passwd and group files set up have been stripped down to prevent malicious users from finding login names on the server. The anonymous file area will be placed under ftpdir. If the ftp user account already exists, then the current FTP area is used, and the system files in it are updated. All other files are left untouched. This command should be run to update the anonymous FTP area's configuration whenever a system patch is installed, or the system is upgraded. OPTIONS
-d Create a new or update an existing ftpdir without creating or updating the ftp user account. Use this option when creating guest FTP user accounts. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: ftpdir The absolute pathname of the directory under which the anonymous FTP area is set up. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion 1 Improper usage of the command 2 Command failed ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpaddhost(1M), in.ftpd(1M), useradd(1M), chroot(2), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftpconfig(1M)