Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: add new line using SED
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting add new line using SED Post 46308 by Ygor on Tuesday 13th of January 2004 11:43:13 AM
Old 01-13-2004
I would use awk, e.g...
Code:
awk -F: '{
   print $0;
   if ($1 == "dn") {
      print "changetype: modify";
      getline;
      print "replace: " $1;
      print $0;
   }
}' file1 > file2

Last edited by Ygor; 01-13-2004 at 01:08 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed.. Add new line after finding text

I know that this my be really simple, but I'm having a hard time accomplishing it. I am trying to add a new line of text after finding a particular string of text in a file. Here's what I'm getting: sed: command garbled: N/search_string/\\new_text/ I was using "N" to add a line after the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: douknownam
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED help (remove line::parse again::add line)

Aloha! I have just over 1k of users that have permissions that they shouldn't under our system. I need to parse a provided list of usernames, check their permissions file, and strip the permissions that they are not allowed to have. If upon the permissions strip they are left with no permissions,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Malumake
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to add new line using sed

I need to add a new line using sed based on matching a pattern. I need to add the blank line after the line that I am matching on. Any help? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scrappycc
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to use sed to add some parameters at the end of the line

Hello All, I have a doubt in sed, i want to add some parameter at the end of the tag inside a xml tag. how to i do that. so i want to add Results="true" value="high" inside the xml tag. Orignal <execute description="reboot"> <execute description="Stop Servlet"> After adding the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to add a new line

Hi In my sed version the interactive method of adding a new works : > sed '3a\ new line ' file_name But i want to do the same task in one command as it is a part of a script. i hav tried the following but no luck so far cat file_name |sed -e '3a\ new line ' cat file_name |sed -e... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ningy
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed add after line x new text from file

I've been playing with sed, trying to get it to insert the contents of somefile.txt after line 13 on anotherfile.txt. I tried searching for a line with regex and attempting to insert something on the next line with: find ./anotherfile.txt -type f -exec sed -i -e '/^dog/cat/' {} \; but it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to add text in new line

help i need to add a "nfsd" in new line after cron ex: cron rpcbind output: cron nfsd rpcbind i use sed -e "/cron/G; s/$/nfsd/" myfile output: cron nfsd rpcbindnfsd (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamilzain
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/grep: check if line exists, if not add line?

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to speed up the following as I want to use multiple commands to search thousands of files. is there a way to speed things up? Example I want to search a bunch of files for a specific line, if this line already exists do nothing, if it doesn't exist add it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: f77hack
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed add line to config file

what is the sed command line to add a line to a config file config file name is "config" line to be added cpuid.7.edx = "----:00--:----:----:----:----:----:----" thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdubb123
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to add a line to a file

Hi, I am trying to add a line to a file using sed. tmp1: aaaa Hello bbbb Hello I need to add "testing" after the first match of Hello. So the output should be aaaa Hello testing bbbb Hello and the line to be added will be a variable (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: giri_luck
2 Replies
Net::LDAP::FilterMatch(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Net::LDAP::FilterMatch(3)

NAME
Net::LDAP::FilterMatch - LDAP entry matching SYNOPSIS
use Net::LDAP::Entry; use Net::LDAP::Filter; use Net::LDAP::FilterMatch; my $entry = new Net::LDAP::Entry; $entry->dn("cn=dummy entry"); $entry->add ( 'cn' => 'dummy entry', 'street' => [ '1 some road','nowhere' ] ); my @filters = (qw/(cn=dummy*) (ou=*) (&(cn=dummy*)(street=*road)) (&(cn=dummy*)(!(street=nowhere)))/); for (@filters) { my $filter = Net::LDAP::Filter->new($_); print $_,' : ', $filter->match($entry) ? 'match' : 'no match' ," "; } ABSTRACT
This extension of the class Net::LDAP::Filter provides entry matching functionality on the Perl side. Given an entry it will tell whether the entry matches the filter object. It can be used on its own or as part of a Net::LDAP::Server based LDAP server. METHOD
match ( ENTRY [ ,SCHEMA ] ) Return whether ENTRY matches the filter object. If a schema object is provided, the selection of matching algorithms will be derived from schema. In case of error undef is returned. For approximate matching like (cn~=Schmidt) there are several modules that can be used. By default the following modules will be tried in this order: String::Approx Text::Metaphone Text::Soundex If none of these modules is found it will fall back on a simple regexp algorithm. If you want to specifically use one implementation only, simply do use Net::LDAP::FilterMatch qw(Text::Soundex); SEE ALSO
Net::LDAP::Filter COPYRIGHT
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHORS
Hans Klunder <hans.klunder@bigfoot.com> Peter Marschall <peter@adpm.de> perl v5.16.3 2013-06-07 Net::LDAP::FilterMatch(3)