Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Upgrading a B1000
Operating Systems HP-UX Upgrading a B1000 Post 46219 by NemesisXP on Sunday 11th of January 2004 05:56:19 AM
Old 01-11-2004
Upgrading a B1000

Hi all

I have a HP B1000 with HP-UX 11 installed but recently I have aqquired 11i on CD, after reading the documentation it states that 11i can be installed on a B1000 with a firmware update, which is included on the 11i media, but I have been told it will be impossible to install 11i on my B1000 can someone please clarify the situation for me.

Thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Upgrading Redhat 7.1 --> 7.2

Is there any possible way to upgrade Linux Red Hat 7.1 into 7.2 and if it is, please inform me how to do that.. Thanx forwardly:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ozzy20
2 Replies

2. AIX

Upgrading from 5.1.0.0 to 5.2.0.0

As a fairly new Administrator to AIX i am a little leary of the OS upgrade I need to do on one of our servers. I have already upgraded the microcode to the lastest level and now need to do the OS. I have the docs and discs from IBM and have determined that I dont want to do a new installation but... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Target
5 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Upgrading PC Memory

hello folks, I am planning to upgrade my PC's ram. currently the ram I have is 2x256MB=512MB/133MHz (DDR266) - DDR SDRAM, PC-2100. My guess is that it has 184 Pins. I would like to get a DDR2 with 667MHz, 240 pin. Is it possible, since pins don't match. Do they have to match? (there are 3... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies

4. Solaris

upgrading from solaries 9 to 10

Hi, I am running soalries 9 on sparc machine and would like to upgrade it to solaries 10, I have downloaded and burned the ISO file on the CD. How do I upgrade it now? Is there any guide or anything available? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mokkan
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

upgrading packages

Hello, I am using Redhat Linux Enterprise 4 AS. To upgrade NFS, I had to browse the internet and finally I got the latest rpm https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2005-727.html That was a time-consuming procedure. On Solaris, I am used to go to sunfreeware.sun.com and download the latest... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
3 Replies

6. Solaris

OS_LDAP upgrading

Hi All, We are going to upgrading Solaris-5.8 to Solaris 5.10, as well as LDAP 5.1 service pack-3 to LDAP 5.1 service pack-4, So I'm requesting to all what is the best way to upgrade Solaris-5.8, LDAP 5.1 service pack-3 to LDAP 5.1 service pack-4 in solaris-5.10, As per my knowledge there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mkanuri
1 Replies

7. AIX

Upgrading OS from 5.2 to 5.3

We currently have test and production servers running AIX 5.2, DB2 8.1(Prod), DB2 8.2(Test),Websphere 6.1 on both. We need to upgrade to DB2 to version 9, but to do that we also need to upgrade the operating system to 5.3 and go from 32 bit kernel to 64 bit kernal. Looking for information on any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
3 Replies

8. AIX

Upgrading from aix 5.3 to ?

Hey guys, since AIX 5.3 reaches EOS on april 2012, I really need to update my systems asap. Any experience on upgrading directly to 7.1, with sap/db2/oracle? could do fresh installs and import my sap/db vgs, but this would be a lot of work cheers Funksen (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
4 Replies

9. AIX

Upgrading Power5 from 5.3 to...

I have a power5 that I would like to update and bring everything forward. I am wondering about trouble-free upgrades. Is it better to go 5.3 -> 7 or 5.3 ->6 ->7? The power5 box is behind and hopefully can learn from experiences here. Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redi
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Upgrading os to redhat 5.8

Hello All, I am trying to upgrade redhat from 5.6 to 5.8. When i use yum update -yit installs 5.9 I dont want 5.9, instead i would like to upgrade to 5.8 is there anyway to specify a version when you are doing yum update? thanks Continue here. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adam25ca
0 Replies
nsysmap(5)							File Formats Manual							nsysmap(5)

NAME
nsysmap, nsysmap64 - number of entries in a kernel dynamic memory allocation map VALUES
Default 8400 Allowed Values DESCRIPTION
Note: In HP-UX 11i Version 3, these tunables are no longer present. The system will establish an initial size for the table, and increase the size as needed. This manual page will be remove in a future release. Pre-Release 11i Version 3 Usage This value sizes the kernel dynamic memory resource map, an array of address/length pairs that describe the free virtual space in the ker- nel's dynamic address space. This array has historically been statically-sized. That means certain pathological workloads that fragment the kernel address space will result in too many entries for the array. Rather than panicking when this condition occurs, the system throws away the last entry, which results in "leaked" kernel virtual address space. If this overflow happens often enough, the system eventually runs out of virtual space and will panic with the following message: By making the map size tunable, the system can automatically scale the map size according to the system workload size and avoid this prob- lem. If the automatic scaling does not work, you can hand-tune to fit a particular workload. When the default value is overridden, the kernel may increase the value beyond the your specification depending on the system size. There are different tunables for 32- and 64-bit kernel because the 64-bit kernel has more virtual address space. The tunable controls 32-bit kernels and the tunable controls 64-bit kernels. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
and were developed by HP. OBSOLETED
Tunable Kernel Parameters nsysmap(5)