Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Just downloaded Python, what now? Post 46209 by fpmurphy on Saturday 10th of January 2004 08:33:35 PM
Old 01-10-2004
Thes first one you should read is at:

www.python.org/doc/current/tut/tut.html

-F

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

downloaded solaris8

i have downloaded 3 zipped solaris ver 8 07/01 installation cd and i want to ask this question: 1. what will i do to burn it? do i need to extract the file and then burn it? what? Note: Those zipped files have only one file each and it has more than 100mb plus. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rodelu
6 Replies

2. Solaris

Downloaded application but cannot execute

I am using Solaris 8 - I received a cd with a mapping application on it to load. I loaded the file but I cannot figure out why it will not execute. Can anyone please tell me how to get the application to run? I searched the forum and could not find the answer. Any suggestions/solutions appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gunnyb
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HELP! Accidentally downloaded .gz file non-binary

Let me start by saying I am at a VERY beginner level in terms of UNIX/FTP/etc. Someone loaded a file onto a server for me and zipped it using gzip. I accidentally downloaded the file without using "binary". I now have a "filename.txt.gz" sitting on my computer that I need to unzip. Is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: UDcc123
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to limit files downloaded by wget

I am trying to download a page and retrieve only wav and mp3 files via wget. the website is: Alarm Sounds | Free Sound Effects | Alarm Sound Clips | Sound Bites my command is : wget -rl 2 -e robots=off -A wav,mp3 http://soundbible.com/tags-alarm.html When not using the -A wav,mp3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with WGET and renaming downloaded files :(

Hi everybody, I would greatly appreciate some expertise in this matter. I am trying find an efficient way to batch download files from a website and rename each file with the url it originated from (from the CLI). (ie. Instead of xyz.zip, the output file would be http://www.abc.com/xyz.zip) A... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: o0110o
10 Replies

6. Web Development

php files are downloaded

Hello, I have setup Cherokee web server and php 5.2 in Opensolaris zone. Problem is that all .php files are downloaded from web server and not served when I use IP address instead of DNS name in web brovser. Example: test.mydomain.com <-- php works 192.168.0.10/index.php <--... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kreno
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

script to check if file was downloaded

I want to create a script to check if a file was downloaded into a folder. if it was i dont want to re-download it. The requirement is as follows. The first time the file (filename: A) is downloaded, it is renamed by stripping off part of the filename to filename A22. The second time an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wizardofoz
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specific image to be downloaded with wget

Hello All, I have gone through Google and came to know that we can download images from a site using wget. Now I am been asked to check whether an image is populated in a site or not. If yes, please send that image to an address as an attachment.. Say for example, the site is Wiki -... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathyaonnuix
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop till the files downloaded

Need assistance in writing a for loop script or any looping method. Below is the code where i can get all the files from the URL . There are about 80 files in the URL .Every day the files get updated . Script that i wanted is the loop must keep on running till it gets 80 files. It matches the count... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
5 Replies
IDLE(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   IDLE(1)

NAME
IDLE - An Integrated DeveLopment Environment for Python SYNTAX
idle [ -dins ] [ -t title ] [ file ...] idle [ -dins ] [ -t title ] ( -c cmd | -r file ) [ arg ...] idle [ -dins ] [ -t title ] - [ arg ...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the idle command. This manual page was written for Debian because the original program does not have a manual page. For more information, refer to IDLE's help menu. IDLE is an Integrated DeveLopment Environment for Python. IDLE is based on Tkinter, Python's bindings to the Tk widget set. Features are 100% pure Python, multi-windows with multiple undo and Python colorizing, a Python shell window subclass, a debugger. IDLE is cross-plat- form, i.e. it works on all platforms where Tk is installed. OPTIONS
-h Print this help message and exit. -n Run IDLE without a subprocess (see Help/IDLE Help for details). The following options will override the IDLE 'settings' configuration: -e Open an edit window. -i Open a shell window. The following options imply -i and will open a shell: -c cmd Run the command in a shell, or -r file Run script from file. -d Enable the debugger. -s Run $IDLESTARTUP or $PYTHONSTARTUP before anything else. -t title Set title of shell window. A default edit window will be bypassed when -c, -r, or - are used. [arg]* and [file]* are passed to the command (-c) or script (-r) in sys.argv[1:]. EXAMPLES
idle Open an edit window or shell depending on IDLE's configuration. idle foo.py foobar.py Edit the files, also open a shell if configured to start with shell. idle -est "Baz" foo.py Run $IDLESTARTUP or $PYTHONSTARTUP, edit foo.py, and open a shell window with the title "Baz". idle -c "import sys; print sys.argv" "foo" Open a shell window and run the command, passing "-c" in sys.argv[0] and "foo" in sys.argv[1]. idle -d -s -r foo.py "Hello World" Open a shell window, run a startup script, enable the debugger, and run foo.py, passing "foo.py" in sys.argv[0] and "Hello World" in sys.argv[1]. echo "import sys; print sys.argv" | idle - "foobar" Open a shell window, run the script piped in, passing '' in sys.argv[0] and "foobar" in sys.argv[1]. SEE ALSO
python(1). AUTHORS
Various. 21 September 2004 IDLE(1)