Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: "View new posts"
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators "View new posts" Post 46189 by grizzly1 on Friday 9th of January 2004 07:43:21 PM
Old 01-09-2004
its been working fine for me

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

split the string "Setview: arv-temp-view"

Hi experts, I would like to split the value of v and assign "arv-temp-view" to another variable d. I want to do it within shell script. My shell is "tcsh" v="Setview: arv-temp-view" split v and store d=arv-temp-view Please help Thanks Amit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitrajvarma
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to view full data "export MAESTRO_OUTPUT_STYLE=LONG"

Hi, Always when I login to Unix, I need to give the following command to view the data properly; export MAESTRO_OUTPUT_STYLE=LONG The reason is that by default the settings export MAESTRO_OUTPUT_STYLE=SHORT Please let me know how I could make LONG as the default and avoid giving the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmathew99
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to "view" time stamp of a file which is zipped?

Hi I have a zipped file with extension .gz It contains just one file which is zipped . What is the command to view the timestamp of that file. I Don't want to unzip the file (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sidnow
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

8. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
privgrp(5)							File Formats Manual							privgrp(5)

NAME
privgrp - HP-UX group privileges DESCRIPTION
HP-UX allows subletting of limited superuser-like privileges to all users or to members of a particular group or groups. This capability is deprecated and only existing applications should use it. The newer fine-grained privilege facilities described in privileges(5) should be used by new applications. The header defines the following symbolic privilege names: and All but one of the group privileges are supported as fine-grained privileges and described in privileges(5). The one group privilege not supported as a fine-grained privilege is: Permits the use of the and system calls for changing respectively the real user ID and real group ID of a process (see setuid(2)). This behavior of is deprecated and only legacy applications should use it. Newer applications should use and respec- tively, to achieve the same effect. (No special privileges required.) The header defines two additional symbolic constants: defines the maximum number of groups with special privileges. Of this maximum, one is reserved for global privileges (granted to all processes) and the remainder can be assigned to actual group IDs. defines the size of the multi-word mask used in defining privileges associated with a group ID. The and commands and the and system calls may be used to define and query the privilege group associations. The group privileges are automatically initialized from the contents of (see privgrp(4)) at boot time. WARNINGS
This mechanism is deprecated and only legacy applications should use it. See privileges(5) for a description of fine-grained privileges. SEE ALSO
getprivgrp(1), setprivgrp(1M), chown(2), getprivgrp(2), lockf(2), mpctl(2), plock(2), pset_create(2), rtprio(2), rtsched(2), serialize(2), setgid(2), setuid(2), shmctl(2), privgrp(4), privileges(5). privgrp(5)