Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix/Linux Support?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix/Linux Support? Post 46178 by norsk hedensk on Friday 9th of January 2004 03:49:01 PM
Old 01-09-2004
Quote:
This sounds sneakily like a homework question (again....)
well more like flamebait Smilie .

most distros offer support, suse has excellent support. free online support, and paid support over the phone. (hint: when you BUY their boxed set in stores, you are paying for support aswell...).

also i remember hearing something about IBM considering offering linux support, regardless of distro. or did i just make that up?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SMP support in Linux 7.3

What is the SMP support like when you are running Linux 7.3 on a system with 2-4 CPUs? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AngryRabbi
3 Replies

2. Linux

Ntfs5 Support For Linux

Hello, the other day i was trying to mount my WindowsXP partition in Linux and it said that the fs type was not supported. I know that WindowsXP does not use ntfs but uses ntfs5. If any of you guys know where i can find a file that will allow me to mount my ntfs5 please tell me. by the was i am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xcaliber
1 Replies

3. Hardware

How to make terminals with a PC(UNIX/LInux) support?

I want to build a network, in this network there is only one PC and 50 terminals, 50 students can use this system to study UNIX/Linux. In the old days, computer was very expensive, many scientists shared a computer with terminals, that means a terminal has no cpu, memory and hardisk. In... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: haixiao_liu
5 Replies