Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Delete funtion
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Delete funtion Post 4617 by Optimus_P on Friday 27th of July 2001 12:11:02 PM
Old 07-27-2001
Delete funtion

Neo,

eariler today i had tossed up a post then realized i didnt want it up so i tried to delete it and it wouldnt let me. is this a functionality that you have active? To allow a user to delete any topic they started would be a great thing, i think it will also help on not haveing double posts (as most people post then do a search to find there answer) AND and mistakes made such as mine can be fixed wiht little to no intervention.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i see "{}" in various commands around here what is there funtion?

IE: find / -type f -exec grep email@host {} /dev/null \; or find /home/domains/*/ -type d -exec chmod 777 {} \; is the {} \; part of the -type funciton? this is what i understand about the following commands. 1) start the find at the root dir. a) only looking for flatfiles b)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
4 Replies

2. Programming

compile funtion

Hi, This is the first time, i am doing UNIX & C stuff. I have written one funtion like #include <stdio.h> seq(num) int num; { int i,sum; for (i=1; i<=num;i++) sum+=i; return(sum); } this seq funtion should have return values to unix script. like .. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundarm
4 Replies

3. SCO

Unable to use funtion keys with Kea term

Hi I have a server SCO_SV mantrak 3.2 5.0.5 i386 and i use a terminal emulator called Kea 420 term ! when i log in to the session i am unable to use the funtions keys then i reset the server and works fine just some minutes any comment ? i really apreciate your help regards... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rdavila
1 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

Hash Funtion properties

Here are some desirable properties for cryptographic hash functions: These properties below are generally considered prerequisites: * Preimage resistant: given h it should be hard to find any m such that h = hash(m). * Second preimage resistant: given an input m1, it should be hard... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newkidintown
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script not working using for loop and a funtion

Hi- Here is the shell script that for some reason is not returning results: #! /bin/ksh - avg() { AVG=0 typeset SUM=0 if then echo "You must have at least two numbers" else for NUM in "$*" do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: koomba
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check/display/edit funtion

Hi, I have this output: $ type msq msq is a function I thought it an alias, can you tell me how to I can find this function and where ? Thanks for help. I'm on RH and HP-UX Best T Continued here (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: trento17
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple looping with case and funtion showing error, Please help

Hello All, I have code as follows :- while true do {opening a case1 statement} 1) {opening another case2 statement} {closing case 2} 2) Showing error for "2)" as Syntax error at line 59 : `)' is not expected. *) {closing case 1} ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to delete to the list of files in a directory based on last created & delete them

Hi My directory structure is as below. dir1, dir2, dir3 I have the list of files to be deleted in the below path as below. /staging/retain_for_2years/Cleanup/log $ ls -lrt total 0 drwxr-xr-x 2 nobody nobody 256 Mar 01 16:15 01-MAR-2015_SPDBS2 drwxr-xr-x 2 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadn
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Rsync with --delete but do not delete peer dirs on target

rsync with --delete won't honor the delete if the source is something/*. I want the delete to work, but not to delete directories on the target that are peer to the intended directory. For example, using these source and target file structures: Source on desktop: ~/ Money/ ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JavaMeister
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

find -exec How to add additional parameter when calling a funtion

Hello Current working script is : # # my_script BEGIN # function a_function { FIRST_PARAM="$1" DO_SOMETHING "$FIRST_PARAM" } export -f a_function START_HERE="/home/some_user/Documents" find $START_HERE" -exec bash -c 'a_function "$0" ' {} \; (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
5 Replies
BLAZE-ADD(1)						    BlazeBlogger Documentation						      BLAZE-ADD(1)

NAME
blaze-add - adds a blog post or a page to the BlazeBlogger repository SYNOPSIS
blaze-add [-pqCPV] [-b directory] [-E editor] [-a author] [-d date] [-t title] [-k keywords] [-T tags] [-u url] [file...] blaze-add -h|-v DESCRIPTION
blaze-add adds a blog post or a page to the BlazeBlogger repository. If a file is supplied, it adds the content of that file, otherwise an external text editor is opened for you. Note that there are several special forms and placeholders that can be used in the text, and that will be replaced with a proper data when the blog is generated. Special Forms <!-- break --> A mark to delimit a blog post synopsis. Placeholders %root% A relative path to the root directory of the blog. %home% A relative path to the index page of the blog. %page[id]% A relative path to a page with the supplied id. %post[id]% A relative path to a blog post with the supplied id. %tag[name]% A relative path to a tag with the supplied name. OPTIONS
-b directory, --blogdir directory Allows you to specify a directory in which the BlazeBlogger repository is placed. The default option is a current working directory. -E editor, --editor editor Allows you to specify an external text editor. When supplied, this option overrides the relevant configuration option. -t title, --title title Allows you to specify the title of a blog post or page. -a author, --author author Allows you to specify the author of a blog post or page. -d date, --date date Allows you to specify the date of publishing of a blog post or page. -k keywords, --keywords keywords Allows you to specify a comma-separated list of keywords attached to a blog post or page. -T tags, --tags tags Allows you to supply a comma-separated list of tags attached to a blog post. -u url, --url url Allows you to specify the url of a blog post or page. Allowed characters are letters, numbers, hyphens, and underscores. -p, --page, --pages Tells blaze-add to add a page or pages. -P, --post, --posts Tells blaze-add to add a blog post or blog posts. This is the default option. -C, --no-processor Disables processing a blog post or page with an external application. For example, if you use Markdown to convert the lightweight markup language to the valid HTML output, this will enable you to write this particular post in plain HTML directly. -q, --quiet Disables displaying of unnecessary messages. -V, --verbose Enables displaying of all messages. This is the default option. -h, --help Displays usage information and exits. -v, --version Displays version information and exits. ENVIRONMENT
EDITOR Unless the core.editor option is set, BlazeBlogger tries to use system-wide settings to decide which editor to use. EXAMPLE USAGE
Write a new blog post in an external text editor: ~]$ blaze-add Add a new blog post from a file: ~]$ blaze-add new_packages.txt Successfully added the post with ID 10. Write a new page in an external text editor: ~]$ blaze-add -p Write a new page in nano: ~]$ blaze-add -p -E nano SEE ALSO
blaze-init(1), blaze-config(1), blaze-edit(1), blaze-remove(1), blaze-make(1) BUGS
To report a bug or to send a patch, please, add a new issue to the bug tracker at <http://code.google.com/p/blazeblogger/issues/>, or visit the discussion group at <http://groups.google.com/group/blazeblogger/>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008-2011 Jaromir Hradilek This program is free software; see the source for copying conditions. It is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Version 1.2.0 2012-03-05 BLAZE-ADD(1)