Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: bootup script
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users bootup script Post 46158 by fpmurphy on Friday 9th of January 2004 10:35:46 AM
Old 01-09-2004
> Also, you should link the script as S99myscript, i.e. only TWO > > digits.

HP-UX uses mostly 3 digits after the S or K. Thus S999 would
be the last thing started.

Note - good practice says you should also create an equivalant stop script i.e. K999myscript or similar.

- Finnbarr

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Triple bootup

Hi guys, May I know how to install Solaris 8 in the way that I can triple boot it with my the other two OS: WIndows ME and Windows 2000 Pro. Can you all please kindly advise me on how to setup the triple boot process inorder to allow Windows ME to be the default OS when being ask to choose... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cia
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bootup Error

Hi all The following error was displayed when a sco server (5.0.5) was booted. What should be done to overcome the problem. Replies appreciated. Bios 03.0 0130688 KB memory good 01 processor(s) in system remote console dialing on, please wait connect fail : modem off cpu clock... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: raguramtgr
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why not automatic bootup

Evry time I start up my mavhine ,have to type in unix at Boot : Is there a way unix should bootup automatically? Asif (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asif iqbal
2 Replies

4. AIX

How to start ssh at bootup

Hi i installed ssh of version v 1.21 and my AIX is of 5.3. I want to start my ssh deamon at the startup can any one please help me out reg.. Thanks in advance.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmalla
1 Replies

5. AIX

AIX server freezes on bootup

Issue: AIX server freezes on bootup. Server AIX ver 4.3.3.0 When the AIX server reboots it negotiates NIS. During startup of NFS, customer gets one or more of the following error messages: 0513-056 Timeout waiting for command response. If you specified a foreign host, see the /etc/inittab file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srzaman1
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Multiple runlevel options at Bootup

Is it possible to give multiple runlevel options during boot up.. When the Welcome screen appears, i want to give multiple runlevel options.. So the user can boot into any desired runlevel he wants.. Found this kinda interesting.. Any hints and solutions please? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikumar_cs
2 Replies

7. AIX

File system not mounting at bootup

Hi, I've got a recent problem with 2 file systems on an AIX 5.3 server. The fs's are marked to auto mount at startup and do show as being mounted after a a restart however if you cd to the mount point and 'df -g .' it shows the fs hasn't actually mounted. $ mount |grep SQLT0001.0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m223464
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bootup sequence

What is the boot up sequence in UNIX? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthi_g
2 Replies

9. Linux

Script under rc3.d not being executed on server bootup

Hello all, I have a script callled 'ABCstartup' setup under /etc/rc.d/init.d Softlink 'S91ABCstartup' pointing to above script has been created under /etc/rc.d/rc3.d The script is not being executed when the server restarts. The script runs successfully via manual execution:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemangjani
5 Replies

10. SCO

Error F painit on bootup

I have a known good external SCSI HD running SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7. I decided that I wanted to be able to run this drive on another computer, so I bought the same SCSI card as before (LSI) and then attempted to boot on the other system. The bootup process hung with the error F painit. I've... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Transpower
13 Replies
DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)						     Debhelper						       DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)

NAME
dh_systemd_start - start/stop/restart systemd unit files SYNOPSIS
dh_systemd_start [debhelperoptions] [--restart-after-upgrade] [--no-stop-on-upgrade] [unitfile...] DESCRIPTION
dh_systemd_start is a debhelper program that is responsible for starting/stopping or restarting systemd unit files in case no corresponding sysv init script is available. As with dh_installinit, the unit file is stopped before upgrades and started afterwards (unless --restart-after-upgrade is specified, in which case it will only be restarted after the upgrade). This logic is not used when there is a corresponding SysV init script because invoke-rc.d performs the stop/start/restart in that case. OPTIONS
--restart-after-upgrade Do not stop the unit file until after the package upgrade has been completed. This is the default behaviour in compat 10. In earlier compat levels the default was to stop the unit file in the prerm, and start it again in the postinst. This can be useful for daemons that should not have a possibly long downtime during upgrade. But you should make sure that the daemon will not get confused by the package being upgraded while it's running before using this option. --no-restart-after-upgrade Undo a previous --restart-after-upgrade (or the default of compat 10). If no other options are given, this will cause the service to be stopped in the prerm script and started again in the postinst script. -r, --no-stop-on-upgrade, --no-restart-on-upgrade Do not stop service on upgrade. --no-start Do not start the unit file after upgrades and after initial installation (the latter is only relevant for services without a corresponding init script). NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command (with the same arguments). Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. Note that dh_systemd_start should be run after dh_installinit so that it can detect corresponding SysV init scripts. The default sequence in dh does the right thing, this note is only relevant when you are calling dh_systemd_start manually. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) AUTHORS
pkg-systemd-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)