Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Duplex Settings
Operating Systems Solaris Duplex Settings Post 46147 by saabir on Friday 9th of January 2004 05:44:45 AM
Old 01-09-2004
Thanks very much RTM.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

duplex

Hi all, What is the difference between half duplex and full duplex? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each mode, if any? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sihong
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Full duplex at HUB?

Ok at the moment I have a hub whit 5 computers connected to it. It's a 10/100 NetGear hub. Ok I heard that there is some command I can run or a file I edit or something like that. But what the command/file/script/whatever does is tells you what connect speed it's connecting to the hub to. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to turn off duplex

I am using digital Unix and lpd. I have HP 4200n LaserJet TCP printer, but when I use lpr command, it always print duplex. I can turn off duplex feature at the panel of the printer, but then other Windows computer cannot print duplex. How can I set up /etc/printcap file so that it will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiepng
2 Replies

4. Programming

full -duplex ?

what is meant by full duplex and half duplex? b'coz in differences b\w hub and switch ,i heard lot this duplex word so please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parvathy
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

command to change duplex settings..

Hi Folks, I want the command to change the duplex settings of a HP-UX server. Thanks in advance. Sagar. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sag71155
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 Speed and Duplex Settings: bge

Evening, I am attempting to change the speed and duplex settings on a single interface on a bge card on an m3000 SPARC server. Currently the settings are as follows: bge0 link: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full bge1 link: up speed: 100 Mbps ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: brialt1
13 Replies

7. Solaris

How to find half duplex or full duplex

Hi, How to find whether the server is running with half duplex or full duplex. I tried with the following command ndd -get /dev/ but am not getting any output,. Is the command correct? Also let me know how to change from half to full duplex. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogerben
1 Replies

8. AIX

How to change Speed Duplex

How to change Speed Duplex ! How to change Speed Duplex by command chdev -P -l ent1 -a media_speed=1000_Full_Duplex How to change Speed Duplex by Smitty . smitty chgenet -> select adapter -> change Media speed etc. -> set "Apply change to DATABASE only" to yes -> Enter -> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with duplex printing

I am able to use duplex printing with the -o duplex option. I am also printing landscape. It prints on the back of the page, however, I have to flip the page in order to see the other side right side up. Is there another option that will allow the duplex printing to print the right side up on front... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickg
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script help for monitoring duplex settings

So I have a server I am trying to set up a script to send a Wall message notifying of my eth0 nic being set to 100 half duplex instead of 100 full duplex. I know I am trying to read from /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-eth0 to pull the parameters STARTMODE=onboot BOOTPROTO=static... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lutador72
6 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)