Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Duplex Settings
Operating Systems Solaris Duplex Settings Post 46116 by saabir on Thursday 8th of January 2004 12:31:19 PM
Old 01-08-2004
Duplex Settings

Hi All
I've been having a lot of errors logged on the Cisco Catalyst (4000 series) which one of my Solaris servers is patched into. I have a feeling they are duplex related, but I'm a bit stuck as to how to confirm that.

How do I:

1. Check the duplex settings on my eri0 card?
2. Set the speed and duplex settings on my eri0 card (by command line, and also for every reboot)?

OS is Solaris 5.8, Sun Fire V880.

Thanks very much!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

duplex

Hi all, What is the difference between half duplex and full duplex? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each mode, if any? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sihong
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Full duplex at HUB?

Ok at the moment I have a hub whit 5 computers connected to it. It's a 10/100 NetGear hub. Ok I heard that there is some command I can run or a file I edit or something like that. But what the command/file/script/whatever does is tells you what connect speed it's connecting to the hub to. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to turn off duplex

I am using digital Unix and lpd. I have HP 4200n LaserJet TCP printer, but when I use lpr command, it always print duplex. I can turn off duplex feature at the panel of the printer, but then other Windows computer cannot print duplex. How can I set up /etc/printcap file so that it will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiepng
2 Replies

4. Programming

full -duplex ?

what is meant by full duplex and half duplex? b'coz in differences b\w hub and switch ,i heard lot this duplex word so please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parvathy
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

command to change duplex settings..

Hi Folks, I want the command to change the duplex settings of a HP-UX server. Thanks in advance. Sagar. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sag71155
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 Speed and Duplex Settings: bge

Evening, I am attempting to change the speed and duplex settings on a single interface on a bge card on an m3000 SPARC server. Currently the settings are as follows: bge0 link: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full bge1 link: up speed: 100 Mbps ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: brialt1
13 Replies

7. Solaris

How to find half duplex or full duplex

Hi, How to find whether the server is running with half duplex or full duplex. I tried with the following command ndd -get /dev/ but am not getting any output,. Is the command correct? Also let me know how to change from half to full duplex. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogerben
1 Replies

8. AIX

How to change Speed Duplex

How to change Speed Duplex ! How to change Speed Duplex by command chdev -P -l ent1 -a media_speed=1000_Full_Duplex How to change Speed Duplex by Smitty . smitty chgenet -> select adapter -> change Media speed etc. -> set "Apply change to DATABASE only" to yes -> Enter -> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with duplex printing

I am able to use duplex printing with the -o duplex option. I am also printing landscape. It prints on the back of the page, however, I have to flip the page in order to see the other side right side up. Is there another option that will allow the duplex printing to print the right side up on front... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickg
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script help for monitoring duplex settings

So I have a server I am trying to set up a script to send a Wall message notifying of my eth0 nic being set to 100 half duplex instead of 100 full duplex. I know I am trying to read from /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-eth0 to pull the parameters STARTMODE=onboot BOOTPROTO=static... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lutador72
6 Replies
Info::Layer2::Catalyst(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Info::Layer2::Catalyst(3pm)

NAME
SNMP::Info::Layer2::Catalyst - SNMP Interface to Cisco Catalyst devices running Catalyst OS. AUTHOR
Max Baker SYNOPSIS
# Let SNMP::Info determine the correct subclass for you. my $cat = new SNMP::Info( AutoSpecify => 1, Debug => 1, DestHost => 'myswitch', Community => 'public', Version => 2 ) or die "Can't connect to DestHost. "; my $class = $cat->class(); print "SNMP::Info determined this device to fall under subclass : $class "; DESCRIPTION
SNMP::Info subclass to provide information for Cisco Catalyst series switches running CatOS. This class includes the Catalyst 2920, 4000, 5000, 6000 (hybrid mode) families. This subclass is not for all devices that have the name Catalyst. Note that some Catalyst switches run IOS, like the 2900 and 3550 families. Cisco Catalyst 1900 switches use their own MIB and have a separate subclass. Use the method above to have SNMP::Info determine the appropriate subclass before using this class directly. See SNMP::Info::device_type() for specifics. Note: Some older Catalyst switches will only talk SNMP version 1. Some newer ones will not return all their data if connected via Version 1. For speed or debugging purposes you can call the subclass directly, but not after determining a more specific class using the method above. my $cat = new SNMP::Info::Layer2::Catalyst(...); Inherited Classes SNMP::Info::CiscoStack SNMP::Info::CiscoVTP SNMP::Info::CDP SNMP::Info::CiscoStats SNMP::Info::CiscoPortSecurity SNMP::Info::Layer2 Required MIBs Inherited Classes' MIBs See "Required MIBs" in SNMP::Info::CiscoStack for its own MIB requirements. See "Required MIBs" in SNMP::Info::CiscoVTP for its own MIB requirements. See "Required MIBs" in SNMP::Info::CDP for its own MIB requirements. See "Required MIBs" in SNMP::Info::CiscoStats for its own MIB requirements. See "Required MIBs" in SNMP::Info::CiscoPortSecurity for its own MIB requirements. See "Required MIBs" in SNMP::Info::Layer2 for its own MIB requirements. These MIBs are found in the standard v2 MIBs from Cisco. GLOBALS
These are methods that return scalar value from SNMP $cat->os() Returns 'catalyst' $cat->os_ver() Tries to use the value from SNMP::Info::CiscoStats->os_ver() and if it fails it grabs $cat->m_swver()->{1} and uses that. $cat->vendor() Returns 'cisco' $cat->cisco_comm_indexing() Returns 1. Use vlan indexing. Global Methods imported from SNMP::Info::CiscoStack See documentation in "GLOBALS" in SNMP::Info::CiscoStack for details. Globals imported from SNMP::Info::CiscoVTP See documentation in "GLOBALS" in SNMP::Info::CiscoVTP for details. Global Methods imported from SNMP::Info::CDP See documentation in "GLOBALS" in SNMP::Info::CDP for details. Global Methods imported from SNMP::Info::CiscoStats See documentation in "GLOBALS" in SNMP::Info::CiscoStats for details. Global Methods imported from SNMP::Info::CiscoPortSecurity See documentation in "GLOBALS" in SNMP::Info::CiscoPortSecurity for details. Globals imported from SNMP::Info::Layer2 See documentation in "GLOBALS" in SNMP::Info::Layer2 for details. TABLE METHODS
These are methods that return tables of information in the form of a reference to a hash. Overrides $cat->interfaces() Returns the map between SNMP Interface Identifier (iid) and physical port name. $cat->i_name() Returns reference to hash of iid to human set name. "portName" $cat->i_physical() Returns a map to IID for ports that are physical ports, not vlans, etc. $cat->bp_index() Returns reference to hash of bridge port table entries map back to interface identifier (iid) Crosses ("portCrossIndex") to ("portIfIndex") since some devices seem to have problems with BRIDGE-MIB Table Methods imported from SNMP::Info::CiscoStack See documentation in "TABLE METHODS" in SNMP::Info::CiscoStack for details. Table Methods imported from SNMP::Info::CiscoVTP See documentation in "TABLE METHODS" in SNMP::Info::CiscoVTP for details. Table Methods imported from SNMP::Info::CDP See documentation in "TABLE METHODS" in SNMP::Info::CDP for details. Table Methods imported from SNMP::Info::CiscoStats See documentation in "TABLE METHODS" in SNMP::Info::CiscoStats for details. Table Methods imported from SNMP::Info::CiscoPortSecurity See documentation in "TABLE METHODS" in SNMP::Info::CiscoPortSecurity for details. Table Methods imported from SNMP::Info::Layer2 See documentation in "TABLE METHODS" in SNMP::Info::Layer2 for details. perl v5.12.4 2011-09-28 Info::Layer2::Catalyst(3pm)