Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Oracle to MySQL through Unix
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Oracle to MySQL through Unix Post 46087 by Z24_2000 on Thursday 8th of January 2004 08:30:16 AM
Old 01-08-2004
thanks

Thanks Photon,

They are on seperate servers, thanks for the confirmation of my idea! Smilie

Anyone else have any comments or suggestions?

Andrew

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Restore of oracle 8i from hp unix 11.0 to HP unix 11i

Hi, We are planning to migrate oracle 8.1.7.2 (8i) currently installed on a host with HP unix 11.0 to a host with HP Unix 11i. The method we are adopting is backup and restore of all file systems. Could this be a problem, apart from linking libraries on the target system. Thanks for the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitb
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix is killing mysql or something else is happening

I don't know what is happening but none of my queries work. When I start mysql, even the use <database> option fails... So when I start mysql with -A, it atleast opens the database and shows the tables. But now, when I perform even a select option on the database, it hangs... Repair is not working... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connect MySQL database from Unix

How to connect a MySQL database from unix using unix shell scripting ( people are using perl scrpt to connect the same database). I want to access a MySQL database through a shell script (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
4 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

couldn login mysql in unix ...

hi am getting this error when i tried to login in unix.. ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) but my application works fine... can u guide me,, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in installing mysql on unix server

Hi , I am trying to install mysql but getting below error $# mysql ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) can anyone provide me this file 'mysql.sock' Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
6 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Please help: Oracle gqsql or sqlplus output format like mysql

On psql select titolo,lingua from titolo where titolo ~* 'brivid'; titolo | lingua ------- + ------ Brivido | 1 On Sqlplus/gqsql SQL> select titolo,genere,anno,lingua from titolo where titolo like '%rivid%'; TITOLO... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
6 Replies

7. Programming

MySQL query does not work on Oracle 11g

Dear community, I have to make a "simple" query on ORACLE 11g DB who will output ONLY numbers in field1 who exceeded a specific threshold. In other words, assuming I have the following data in database. FIELD1 FIELD2 FIELD3 ========= ============== ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
3 Replies
MYSQL_ZAP(1)						       MySQL Database System						      MYSQL_ZAP(1)

NAME
mysql_zap - kill processes that match a pattern SYNOPSIS
mysql_zap [-signal] [-?Ift] pattern DESCRIPTION
mysql_zap kills processes that match a pattern. It uses the ps command and Unix signals, so it runs on Unix and Unix-like systems. Invoke mysql_zap like this: shell> mysql_zap [-signal] [-?Ift] pattern A process matches if its output line from the ps command contains the pattern. By default, mysql_zap asks for confirmation for each process. Respond y to kill the process, or q to exit mysql_zap. For any other response, mysql_zap does not attempt to kill the process. If the -signal option is given, it specifies the name or number of the signal to send to each process. Otherwise, mysql_zap tries first with TERM (signal 15) and then with KILL (signal 9). mysql_zap supports the following additional options: o --help, -?, -I Display a help message and exit. o -f Force mode. mysql_zap attempts to kill each process without confirmation. o -t Test mode. Display information about each process but do not kill it. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997, 2014, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Oracle Corporation (http://dev.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.5 01/30/2014 MYSQL_ZAP(1)