Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) I need your input apple people. Post 46045 by jeromet on Wednesday 7th of January 2004 05:48:38 PM
Old 01-07-2004
Quote:
Originally posted by Blip
I have macosx 10.2.2 jaguar and it comes with tcsh, how would i change it to bash or something?
Go into Applications --> Utilities and launch NetInfo Manager. Select Users and then your user name. You will then see a property called "shell", change the to the bash path. Should be /bin/bash but double check by running a
"find / -name bash -print" to verify.

That should do it.

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Programming

Input data control (need some adviced from other people)

This is the situation. I'm in doubt where to integeate some functions for taking user input which then must be transfered in the production database. I usually tend put everything in frontend application so database can be just a database, no other functions except storing and fetching data on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
3 Replies
suspend(1)                                                         User Commands                                                        suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)