Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Red Hat 9 - NTFS Support
Operating Systems Linux Gentoo Red Hat 9 - NTFS Support Post 46033 by AndroidI6 on Wednesday 7th of January 2004 04:07:35 PM
Old 01-07-2004
Question Red Hat 9 - NTFS Support

Does any one know if RedHat 9 comes with ntfs support by default?

And, if by chance its not included by default, does any one here know where I can get that support added?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

End of life date for errata support for our final Red Hat Linux distribution

Dear Red Hat Linux user, We are approaching the published end of life date for errata support for our final Red Hat Linux distribution. We'd like to remind you of this date and the options available to you for migrating your Red Hat Linux implementations: Red Hat Enterprise Linux and the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ntfs support

hello, I want to acces my other drives(NTFS) on my fedora 6......I had recomplied my kernel to 2.6.23....previously it was 2.6.18.... Also I had loaded driver for ntfs ie.......installed successfully ....fuse + ntfs-3g..... Now I am able to accces my other ntfs drives....... but what i need is... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunchaudhary19
11 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Does Red Hat Fedora support Nvidia card 8800GTX and 260 card?

Does Red Hat Fedora support Nvidia card 8800GTX and 260 card? Does any Linux OS support Nvidia card? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sito
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Red Hat Network / Support

Dear all, I have around 7 servers which are running under RHEL 5.x Version. I have supported the server for nearly 3 years. Till now I have not contacted RHEL Network Support from Redhat for any services. Now a thought came to my mind , that in any case if there is some issue with the OS or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Right to left language support, in Red Hat EL6

i need for a right to left language support, in red hat EL6 , for repository problem, i never could to use from yum-solution, is there a rpm-solution or config-solution? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alwaystudent
1 Replies
NTFSCMP(8)						      System Manager's Manual							NTFSCMP(8)

NAME
ntfscmp - compare two NTFS filesystems and tell the differences SYNOPSIS
ntfscmp [OPTIONS] DEVICE1 DEVICE2 DESCRIPTION
The ntfscmp program makes a comparison between two NTFS filesystems from all aspects and reports all variances it finds. The filesystems can be on block devices or images files. Ntfscmp can be used for volume verification however its primary purpose was to be an efficient development tool, used to quickly locate, identify and check the correctness of the metadata changes made to NTFS. If one is interested only in the NTFS metadata changes then it could be useful to compare the metadata images created by using the --meta- data option of ntfsclone(8) to eliminate the usually uninteresting timestamp changes. The terse output of ntfscmp is intentional because the provided information is enough in each case to determine the exact differences. This can be achieved, for instance, if one compares the verbose outputs of ntfsinfo(8) for each reported inodes by the diff(1) utility. OPTIONS
Below is a summary of the options that ntfscmp accepts. -P, --no-progress-bar Don't show progress bars. -v, --verbose More informational output. -h, --help Display help and exit. EXIT CODES
The exit code is 0 on success, non-zero otherwise. KNOWN ISSUES
No problem is known. If you would find otherwise then please send your report to the development team: linux-ntfs-dev@lists.sourceforge.net AUTHOR
ntfscmp was written by Szabolcs Szakacsits (szaka@sienet.hu). AVAILABILITY
ntfscmp is part of the ntfsprogs package and is available from: http://www.linux-ntfs.org/content/view/19/37 The manual pages are available online at: http://man.linux-ntfs.org/ SEE ALSO
ntfsinfo(8), ntfscat(8), diff(1), ntfsclone(8), ntfsprogs(8) ntfsprogs 1.13.1 April 2006 NTFSCMP(8)