Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mounting cds?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers mounting cds? Post 45974 by matt2kjones on Tuesday 6th of January 2004 07:11:02 PM
Old 01-06-2004
mounting cds?

is this right?

mount /dev/acd0c /mnt/cdrom

i get this:

invalid superblock

or bad superblock

or soemthing like that.

o/s is freebsd

thanx

(ps does it with all cds)

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Need Help Finding C Compiler on install CDs

I have to install C compiler on Redhat 9. I was told that its on the install CDs however, I cannot find it. Would appreciate any help on this issue. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: StorageGuy
1 Replies

2. AIX

Where to Order 5.1L Cds

Anyone know where you can purchase a 5.1 cd set? IBM no longer ships this out and do not have a set. I have a burned copy, but would be nice to have the originals. I'd like to send my copies offsite for DR once i get an original set. Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slacker
2 Replies

3. AIX

installation CDs

I am trying to find the images of AIX 5.2 (or 5.3) installation CDs. Does any one know web links to download? I was not able to find any. I am wonderying if it is not possible at all. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogogo
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 8 02/04 CDs

Hi I have misplaced my Solaris 8 02/04 CDs - is there any way to get a copy? I have to re-install a server and it needs to be this version. Mick (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mickg007
2 Replies

5. AIX

Integrate ML with AIX Installation CDs

In windows, there is a software that can help integrate some fixes or files into installtion media ( I think the software is called nLight or something). For example, if you want to include some SATA drivers into the installation CD of Windows XP you would: 1)get the Windows XP installation CDs. 2)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dardeer
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How to find Solaris 2.6 installation cds?

Hello Forum! I need to install Solaris 2.6, but it seems difficult to find that old version...any ideas where to find / buy the installation cd's? Best regards, /roinepe (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roinepe
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 7 CDs 3/99

We have an Ultra 5 running Avaya's CMS (Call Management Software) and it crashed. I have a new Ultra 5 replacement that I need to reload Solaris 7 3/99 on it then I can run CPIO to pull all the CMS backup files off our tape backup. It has been years since we first setup this CMS server and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: drewmich
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sliced vx cds veritas format

This is more of Veritas question, not of UNIX. But I will appreciate if somebody can clear my doubt. I have Solaris-10, which is running Veritas 5.1 on it. Due to some known bug, I was not able to mirror disk_0 and disk_1 in rootdg. Currently disk_1 is in use and is only disk which is part of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
1 Replies
DUMPE2FS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       DUMPE2FS(8)

NAME
dumpe2fs - dump ext2/ext3/ext4 filesystem information SYNOPSIS
dumpe2fs [ -bfghixV ] [ -o superblock=superblock ] [ -o blocksize=blocksize ] device DESCRIPTION
dumpe2fs prints the super block and blocks group information for the filesystem present on device. Note: When used with a mounted filesystem, the printed information may be old or inconsistent. OPTIONS
-b print the blocks which are reserved as bad in the filesystem. -o superblock=superblock use the block superblock when examining the filesystem. This option is not usually needed except by a filesystem wizard who is examining the remains of a very badly corrupted filesystem. -o blocksize=blocksize use blocks of blocksize bytes when examining the filesystem. This option is not usually needed except by a filesystem wizard who is examining the remains of a very badly corrupted filesystem. -f force dumpe2fs to display a filesystem even though it may have some filesystem feature flags which dumpe2fs may not understand (and which can cause some of dumpe2fs's display to be suspect). -g display the group descriptor information in a machine readable colon-separated value format. The fields displayed are the group number; the number of the first block in the group; the superblock location (or -1 if not present); the range of blocks used by the group descriptors (or -1 if not present); the block bitmap location; the inode bitmap location; and the range of blocks used by the inode table. -h only display the superblock information and not any of the block group descriptor detail information. -i display the filesystem data from an image file created by e2image, using device as the pathname to the image file. -x print the detailed group information block numbers in hexadecimal format -V print the version number of dumpe2fs and exit. BUGS
You need to know the physical filesystem structure to understand the output. AUTHOR
dumpe2fs was written by Remy Card <Remy.Card@linux.org>. It is currently being maintained by Theodore Ts'o <tytso@alum.mit.edu>. AVAILABILITY
dumpe2fs is part of the e2fsprogs package and is available from http://e2fsprogs.sourceforge.net. SEE ALSO
e2fsck(8), mke2fs(8), tune2fs(8). ext4(5) E2fsprogs version 1.44.1 March 2018 DUMPE2FS(8)