Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: uninstall linux/unix
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers uninstall linux/unix Post 4583 by gnanesh on Thursday 26th of July 2001 06:23:57 PM
Old 07-26-2001
Question uninstall linux/unix

hi folks

i have one problem..I have linux running..but i need to uninstall but when i do " FDISK " from DOS prompt...it won't recognize linux...but i don't know how to do that ...Is there any way to do this ?

please help me out...

Gnanesh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uninstall command

I am trying to uninstall some software from a system running Compaq Tru64 UNIX v4.0e (was Digital UNIX). I can't find the correct "uninstall" command. I've tried uninstall, pkgrm, removepkg unsuccessfully. Does anyone know the command? Specifically, I had a problem with the installation of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bscottiii
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do u uninstall apache

i am running redhat 7.3 how do i unistall apache if i installed from a tarball? really need to know this thanx (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: matt2kjones
8 Replies

3. Linux

uninstall xinetd

hey, haha it's me agian, i think that my xinetd is messed up, i am unable to stop it. I can start it though...lol. I just wonderd how can i uninstall it so i can reinstall it...maybe this time it'll work. I'm running RH 7.1 i think. thanks:) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: byblyk
5 Replies

4. BSD

uninstall BootManager

Hi, I have installed FreeBSD in coexistance with windoze...now i want to uninstall it!how can i do that? Is it possible to just format the partition it was on ( problem with this i thing is that BootManager resides on the disk...how to fix this problem?!!!) thank you for help mohamed (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmaiida
8 Replies

5. Solaris

Uninstall Apache 1.3.37

I have installed apache on solaris 8. May I know how do i uninstall it? :confused: thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sagolo
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Perl - How to uninstall? Will pkgrm uninstall all versions?

Hello, I'm working on a Solaris 9/Sparc machine and it has the Solaris 10 version of Perl (5.8.8) installed on it, which always requires all kinds of library files that Solaris 9 doesn't come with. I think the best way to do is to uninstall this wrong version and install the correct Solaris 9... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alanlh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl uninstall from unix machine

Hi I need to uninstall perl from my unix machine and DBI, DBD::Oracle , Parallel Fork Manager modules if there is any way please suggest me. Thanks kousik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
1 Replies

8. Solaris

how to uninstall the package help

hi i installed wine1.1.2-sol11-i386.pkg.bz2 but wine doesnt work error err:process:start_wineboot failed to start wineboot, err 1359 how can i uninstall that package and how can i fix that error (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ect1
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to install and uninstall apache on Red Hat Linux 5

Hi All, I installed Linus on virtual PC on my system. I want to configure apache on it. Also i want to install nagios and want to access through web broser from my system. How can I do this. Kindly provide soln its required urgently......... plsssssssssssssssss (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunray
4 Replies

10. HP-UX

Uninstall OpenSSL

We have a legacy HP-UX 11.11 server that has a number of security vulnerabilities associated with OpenSSL. We have a project in the works to replace this server but until then I need to deal with the vulnerabilities. No applications on the server utilize SSL, so my plan was to simply remove it. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jduehmig
8 Replies
SETSID(1)                                                          User Commands                                                         SETSID(1)

NAME
setsid - run a program in a new session SYNOPSIS
setsid [options] program [arguments] DESCRIPTION
setsid runs a program in a new session. The command calls fork(2) if already a process group leader. Otherwise, it executes a program in the current process. OPTIONS
-c, --ctty Set the controlling terminal to the current one. -w, --wait Wait for the execution of the program to end, and return the exit value of this program as the return value of setsid. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help text and exit. SEE ALSO
setsid(2) AUTHOR
Rick Sladkey <jrs@world.std.com> AVAILABILITY
The setsid command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux July 2014 SETSID(1)