Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: currupted my hard drive
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers currupted my hard drive Post 45794 by xcaliber on Thursday 1st of January 2004 10:38:17 AM
Old 01-01-2004
The problem is I cant even get into the OS to do anything. I know I can solve the problem just by buying a floppy drive since my current one is broken. Also I can just stick in WindowsXP install again and install it then back up everything from there. You are right though. WHAT WAS I THINKING. And you know what, after the whole currupted thing happend I found the real version of Mandrake9.0 in an old CD case.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

reading the hard drive

I have suns machine that holds two hard drives. I only used one. I tryed to make a lan network with my windows xp. When I tryed to restart the machine it wanted to a password. when before I just typed root to log in. So i edited the etc dir. big mistake. So now the machine will not read the hard... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: victbla
2 Replies

2. SCO

Processor and Hard Drive

I trying to learn Unix and I am using SCO Unixware 7.1. Below are three question that I have: 1) Can someone tell me what command I can use to find out the system processor speed. 2) Can someone tell me what command I can use to find out what's the hard drive size of my unix box. 3) Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: etaup02
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing hard drive

Hi, Can someone answer to my question.I' totally new to Unix. What is the command for removing the hard drive from the system? Thanks a lot, Puja (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pujathakral
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to copy old hard drive to new hard drive.

:confused: ........I have a new hard drive and I need to copy ALL info from the old to the new. I would like to use the dd command. I know the command is as follows...... dd if=/dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s0 of=/dev/rdsk/???????? Where I have the question marks is the problem. How do I find out what the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorty
4 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

The best partitioning schem for a 250GB Sata hard drive & a 75GB SCSI hard drive

Hi I have 2 75GB SCSI hard drives and 2 250GB SATA hard drives which are using RAID Level 1 respectively. I wana have both FTP and Apache installed on them as services. I'm wondering what's the best partitioning schem? I wana use FC3 as my OS, so, I thought I can use the 75GB hard drive as the /... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirbijan
0 Replies

6. AIX

Hard Drive Question

Good day, I have an rs/6000 server, model 7044-270. I bought a 2nd hard drive for it but im not sure its the right one. (fru:H13060) As you surely know, the 7044-270 hard drives are put in some sort of tray/carrier. There is a cable that will interface the HDD with the tray/carrier so the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Netghost
0 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Accessing all of the hard drive...

Hi, I just downloaded and installed Ubuntu yesterday. It's the first time I have used it, so bear with me. I think I figured out how to get my sound drivers to work (X-Fi)... I had downloaded some OSS drivers, bout to go test them. But what I really want to know is... I have 2 hard drive,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blind melon
2 Replies

8. SCO

I need a help with accessing the hard drive

Hello guys, I have got from a friend a hard disk which was used in the SCO OpenServer. He needs some data from it. I have no clue how to copy its content with Linux or Windows-I have tried few Linux distros but the result is always the same-the file system is not recognized so can't be mounted.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kataro
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

External hard drive

I have connected an external hard drive. I can't find it. Both ls /media, fdisk -l and ls /dev show nothing. TIA (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
3 Replies
GRUB(8) 								FSF								   GRUB(8)

NAME
grub - the grub shell SYNOPSIS
grub [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
Enter the GRand Unified Bootloader command shell. --batch turn on batch mode for non-interactive use --boot-drive=DRIVE specify stage2 boot_drive [default=0x0] --config-file=FILE specify stage2 config_file [default=/boot/grub/menu.lst] --device-map=FILE use the device map file FILE --help display this message and exit --hold wait until a debugger will attach --install-partition=PAR specify stage2 install_partition [default=0x20000] --no-config-file do not use the config file --no-curses do not use curses --no-floppy do not probe any floppy drive --no-pager do not use internal pager --preset-menu use the preset menu --probe-second-floppy probe the second floppy drive --read-only do not write anything to devices --verbose print verbose messages --version print version information and exit REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
update-grub(8), grub-install(8). The full documentation for grub is maintained as a Texinfo manual in the grub-legacy-doc package. If the info and grub programs are prop- erly installed at your site, the command info grub should give you access to the complete manual. grub (GNU GRUB 0.97) January 2013 GRUB(8)