Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: play cd? how?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers play cd? how? Post 4566 by PxT on Thursday 26th of July 2001 12:19:20 PM
Old 07-26-2001
Try using <A HREF="http://www.alladmin.com/software/xmcd.htm">XMCD</A>. The web page says it is for Solaris 2.X & 7, but it should run on 8 also.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need something new to play with

I posted this question in the dummies forums, but I would like to get a more expert opinion... I am looking for a new OS to play with. I have a celron 450 running slackware linux, a powermac G4 450 running Mac OS X (Which by the way has 81 days of uptime as of this moment), a PowerBook G3 running... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dewhite04
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How Can I Play A Cd On Unix

HI I AM A FRESH NEW USER ...I MEAN I JUST GOT A COMPUTER ALMOST FOR FREE AND IT RUNS UNIX WHICH I DIDN'T EXPECT AND DONT KNOW HOW TO WORK ON IT I THOUGHT IT'LL BE WITH WINDOWS ..YOU KNOW SO HOW DO I PLAY A CD IN IT. REMEMBER I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT UNIX , BUT I THINK I'LL GET OVER IT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: IMOTEB
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

play

dear friends, i have linux system . can i play songs in linux system. like winamp player in windows. let me know. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
2 Replies

4. Linux

how can i play the gam

can some1 tell me how to start playing? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 123456
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Do You Play Video Games?

Do you play video games? If so, what are your favorite games? (54 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
54 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making a play-list

approximately the same question as the last time, but unfortunately I didn't get a working answer. I made a script with bash and gtkdialog that create a play-list. The output is for example : gtk-media-pause | CB60471-05 - Gilbert, Brantley - Country Must Be Country Wide.zip | 28897 |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkfloris
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Play sound

hi i want to produce digit sounds.for ex: if my input text is four five six then code should able to produce sounds corresponding to digits which are stored in some directory as four.wav,five.wav etc.Please help me (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreejithalokkan
8 Replies
cdp(1)								  Audio CD Player							    cdp(1)

NAME
cdplay -- an interactive text-mode program for controlling and playing audio CD Roms under Linux. SYNOPSIS
cdp [ -h | -l | -n | -s ] [play <track-num>] cdplay [ -h | -l | -n | -s ] [play <num>] [stop] [table] -s : Start in silent mode -h : help -n : No autoplay -l : slow start (wait for init) play <num> : autoplay from <num> track of CD stop : Stop the CD. table : display CD table of contents from database Type cdp to start program. Engage the NUM LOCK on your keypad. From inside cdp pressing DEL on numeric keypad will display a help menu. While running, cdp will display the current track number and both total CD elapsed time and current track elapsed time. Note that total CD elapsed time includes times for non-audio data tracks in addition to playable tracks. Use cdplay to use the non-iteractive version of cdp. DESCRIPTION
cdp is an interactive TEXT-MODE program for playing audio CDs under Linux. It is based on WorkBone, which in turn is based on the modules "hardware.c", "database.c" and "struct.c" from the elaborate X11 CD program known as WorkMan. cdp Display CD databases, as generated by WorkMan. It also enable editing this information. cdp expects to find the device: /dev/cdrom . If you don't have this device, change to /dev and soft link your current cd rom device to 'cdrom'. For example, if you currently call your cdrom device 'mcd0', then do the following: cd /dev ln -sf mcd0 cdrom Alternatively, just edit 'hardware.c' to reflect the name of your cdrom device and recompile. cdp uses the numeric keypad as a control panel to allow you to move track to track, play, pause, stop, and resume playing of audio CDs. Make sure you have your NUM LOCK engaged when using cdp. A graphical template is displayed to guide you. Running times are also continu- ously updated and displayed. +---- number pad -----+ | | | 7 8 9 | | | | 4 5 6 | | | | 1 2 3 | | | | 0 del | | | +---------------------+ the '9' key on the keypad is "play" the '8' key on the keypad is "pause/resume" the '7' key on the keypad is "stop" the '6' key on the keypad is "next" the '5' key on the keypad is "replay" the 4 key on the keypad is "previous" the '3' key on the keypad is "go forward 15 seconds" the '2' key on the keypad is "hard abort" (music stops) the '1' key on the keypad is "go backward 15 seconds" the '0' key on the keypad is "soft exit" (music continues) the '.' key on the keypad is "help" the 'enter' key is edit current song. the 'a' key is edit artist name the 'c' key is edit CD name COPYING
cdp is copyrighted free software provided WITHOUT warranty of any kind, NOT EVEN the implied warranty of merchantablilty or fitness for any particular purpose. Use at your own risk. cdp may be used in any way you wish so long as you comply with the provisions of the Free Soft- ware Foundation GNU General Public License version 2. This software should have come with a copy of the GNU General Public License. You may obtain a copy of this license by writing to: Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. BUGS
It is doubtful that I will do much development of cdp. I extended WorkBone 0.1 to support WorkMan CD databases. This program is a further extension of WorkBoneII 0.2 to support CD database editing. Please e-mail any bug fixes or improvements that you might have. cdp works with my Mitsumi FX001D CD Rom drive, but your mileage with other drives may vary. Only generic calls and functions are used as per WorkMan proper itself. Unlike WorkBone cdp uses ncurses for displaying its screen. If anyone is interested in porting it to other platforms please email me. enjoy. Sariel Har-Peled sariel@math.tau.ac.il CD-Play 0.33 10 Nov 1995 cdp(1)