Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: local host
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers local host Post 45565 by Optimus_P on Tuesday 23rd of December 2003 04:44:54 PM
Old 12-23-2003
you have most likly got something blocking inbound connections to that ip addy on that port.

possabily ipchains or somekinda firewalling. have you checked your logs n stuff?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

QNX host cannot ping SCO host, vice versa

The problem I am facing now is that the QNX host could not ping the SCO host and vice versa. They are in the same domain, ie, 172.20.3.xx. As I am very new to Unix, I guess I must have missed out some important steps. Pls help... Thanx alot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavon
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

local host setup

I am running Redhat 7.2. I am using a router with dhcp setup for my computer. When logging in, I get the error "dhcppc1 not found". My router assigned that host name to my pc for dhcp. It says to modify the /etc/hosts file to keep from having any problems. Everything seems to be working ok... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeremiebarber
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sendmail : connect local host (brocken)

hi there I've got a strange problem with a webserver box (suse linux 7.2). My MTA is sendmail, and when I tried manually send a mail. Sendmail -v "user@something" < /etc/hosts The Server tried "simon@localhost... Connecting to local..." but nothing happend and the system hold on. This... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrsaint
3 Replies

4. Solaris

How to delete the files from local host to remote host

Hi all, i am copying .gz files from production server to development server using "scp" command.my requirement is after copying .gz files i want to delete old .gz files(two days back) in development server from production server. like this way i need to delelte .log ,.z and .dmp files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna176
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help! How to find the local host after few ssh hops to remote host???

I do a ssh to remote host(A1) from local host(L1). I then ssh to another remote(A2) from A1. When I do a who -m from A2, I see the "connected from" as "A1". => who -m userid pts/2 2010-03-27 08:47 (A1) I want to identify who is the local host who initiated the connection to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gomes1333
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh to multiple hosts and saving the output in the local host

hi I have a script to login from a host "A" to a list of hosts in a file and perform some commands inside it...its somethin like this for i in `cat file` do ssh -t $i " command1 ; command2; ..." done I wanna save the outputs in a file in the current host "A" i.e from where I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ningy
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print all Host on local network

Hello guys, I would like to develop a script which takes a host name as argument and displays a message whether the host is on the local network or not. How can I accomplish that? Is there a file or command that I can use to list all host on the local network? :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Learn4Life
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy a file from local host to a list of remote hosts --- perl script

Hi friends, i need to prepare a script ( in perl) i have a file called "demo.exe" in my local unix host. i have a list of remote hosts in a file "hosts.txt" now i need to push "demo.exe" file to all the hosts in "hosts.txt" file. for this i need to prepare a script(in perl, but shell... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva kumar
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set variable to path that does not exist on local host

Can anyone suggest a workaround zone_5.org='/qaz/qwe/path/tns.osn' output /home/bingo/XXX_script.sh: line 180: zone_5.org=/qaz/qwe/path/tns.osn: no parent The path does not exist on the local machine, the allocation used to work till the server was upgraded. Red Hat Enterprise Linux... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: squrcles
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy local files to single remote host but multiple folders using rsync

I'm trying to copy a file myfile.scr from my local Linux server to multiple folders on remote AiX server using single rsync command. Below command helps me copy the file "myfile.scr" from my localhost to a remote host folder "/app/deployment/tmpfiles" rsync --delay-updates -F --compress... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
asadmin-start-instance(1AS)					   User Commands				       asadmin-start-instance(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-start-instance, start-instance - starts a server instance and all the services associated with it SYNOPSIS
start-instance [--user admin_user] [--password admin_password] [--host local_host] [--port 4848] [--local=false] [--domain domain_name] [--debug=false] [--passwordfile filename] [--secure|-s] instance_name Use the start-instance command to start an instance with the instance name you specify. The start-instance command can be run both locally and remotely. To start locally, with a domain name identified, the named instance must already exist within that domain. To start remotely, the administration server must be running on the hostname and port number specified. The user authenticates using the password identified for the administration server. OPTIONS
--user administrative user associated for the instance. --password administrative password corresponding to the administrative user. --host host name of the machine hosting the administrative instance. --port administrative port number associated with the administrative host. --local determines if the command should delegate the request to administrative instance or run locally. --domain name of the domain. --debug starts the instance in debug mode. --passwordfile file containing passwords appropriate for the command (e.g., administrative instance). --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the administrative instance. OPERANDS
instance_name name of the instance to be started. Example 1: Using start-instance in local mode asadmin> start-instance --domain domain1 admin-server Instance admin-server started Where: the admin-server instance is started on the local domain1 domain. Example 2: Using start-instance in remote mode asadmin> start-instance --user admin --password bluestar --host localhost --port 4848 server1 Instance server1 started Where: the server1 instance is started on the remote domain associated with the specified user, password, host, and port number. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command INTERFACE EQUIVALENT
Server Instance page asadmin-delete-instance(1AS), asadmin-create-instance(1AS), asadmin-stop-instance(1AS), asadmin-restart-instance(1AS), asadmin-start- appserv(1AS), asadmin-stop-appserv(1AS), asadmin-start-domain(1AS),.asadmin-stop-domain(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-start-instance(1AS)