Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: protection schemes
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory protection schemes Post 45451 by jsilva on Saturday 20th of December 2003 02:57:33 PM
Old 12-20-2003
Hi,

That's one of the reasons that groups exist, you can, for example, put the 10 remaing users on a different group than the others... on some OSs, like Solaris, you can use special file permissions with ACLs...
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to jsilva For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Override protection.....

I am having this problem......when I run this script: print -n "Enter file name to be deleted: " read answer if then rm $name else echo "No such file with the name: $name exists" fi I was trying to test my script for errors, and basically when the user had files with the rights: 400,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Makaveli.2003
1 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

spam and protection?

Hello, Long time ago we used to suffer from relay and users using your own mailservers to spam but thanks god for auth-before-pop. But now i'm facing small problem with someone which us he is spaning using whatever mailserver with your@email.address.com and when these emails go to unknown... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashar
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

override protection 644 (yes/no)?

Hi pls help me out to short out this problem rm PAB113_011.out rm: PAB113_011.out: override protection 644 (yes/no)? n If i give y it remove the file. But i added the rm command as a part of ksh file and i tried to remove the file. Its not removing and the the file prompting as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sri_aue
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Protection and Security

Since I'm just new in unix, can I ask the experts on how I can develop or enhance a unix utility in protecting or securing a file using scripts. Im thinking chmod, is it enought? or are there other utilities in unix? My algorithm is like there will be a menu that shows a list of types of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: imjustjong
2 Replies

5. Linux

file security/protection

Hi All I am working on a site to help newbie to learn linux for free. demo.freelinuxconsole.info there is only one file index.php its been able to rename or deleted. Kindly let me know what permissions should i give to secure this file from editing or deleting by others. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: smithjack
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script protection against changes

Hi everyone, I´m trying to protect the scripts I have made from changes. At my office I´m the one who research improvements on daily tasks, and I´ve done many scripts, that I share with my partners.I´m tired because they take my scripts and make their owns with new features that don´t share... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dover07
4 Replies