Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: protection schemes
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory protection schemes Post 45448 by mattyboy on Saturday 20th of December 2003 10:15:48 AM
Old 12-20-2003
protection schemes

Consider a system that supports 5,000 users. Suppose you want 4,990 of these users to be able to access one file

How would you specify this protection scheme in UNIX
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to mattyboy For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Override protection.....

I am having this problem......when I run this script: print -n "Enter file name to be deleted: " read answer if then rm $name else echo "No such file with the name: $name exists" fi I was trying to test my script for errors, and basically when the user had files with the rights: 400,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Makaveli.2003
1 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

spam and protection?

Hello, Long time ago we used to suffer from relay and users using your own mailservers to spam but thanks god for auth-before-pop. But now i'm facing small problem with someone which us he is spaning using whatever mailserver with your@email.address.com and when these emails go to unknown... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashar
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

override protection 644 (yes/no)?

Hi pls help me out to short out this problem rm PAB113_011.out rm: PAB113_011.out: override protection 644 (yes/no)? n If i give y it remove the file. But i added the rm command as a part of ksh file and i tried to remove the file. Its not removing and the the file prompting as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sri_aue
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Protection and Security

Since I'm just new in unix, can I ask the experts on how I can develop or enhance a unix utility in protecting or securing a file using scripts. Im thinking chmod, is it enought? or are there other utilities in unix? My algorithm is like there will be a menu that shows a list of types of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: imjustjong
2 Replies

5. Linux

file security/protection

Hi All I am working on a site to help newbie to learn linux for free. demo.freelinuxconsole.info there is only one file index.php its been able to rename or deleted. Kindly let me know what permissions should i give to secure this file from editing or deleting by others. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: smithjack
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script protection against changes

Hi everyone, I´m trying to protect the scripts I have made from changes. At my office I´m the one who research improvements on daily tasks, and I´ve done many scripts, that I share with my partners.I´m tired because they take my scripts and make their owns with new features that don´t share... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dover07
4 Replies
BUILDDBM(8)							Yard Radius Manual						       BUILDDBM(8)

NAME
builddbm - users.db compiler SYNOPSIS
builddbm [ -hvx ] [ -d directory ] [ -l file ] DESCRIPTION
YARD RADIUS builddbm is a program that builds the GDBM format of the `users' file, which could be used in conjunction with the radiusd `-b' flag. The users file should resides in the standard configuration directory, as selected at configuration time. It should be run as root. Be also sure to set mode 600 for the `users' file as well as the resulting `users.db'. OPTIONS
-d directory Changes the source `users' file directory. The default value is /usr/conf. The destination directory of `users.db' is the same one. -h Prints out usage of the command. -v Prints version information. -l file Changes the logging file. -x Prints (or should do so) debugging messages while compiling. FILES
/usr/conf/users This file contains the human readable information for users' accounting and authorization. See radius_attributes(5) for details about its syntax. /usr/conf/users.db The same of the previous one as compiled in by builddbm in GDBM format. It needs to be compiled again every time you make changes to the previous one and without restarting radiusd . /usr/conf/dictionary This read-only file contains the codes and formats for standard and vendor RADIUS protocol attributes and values along with their human readable representation. It is subject to change, due to new access server supports. It is a plain text file with a pletora of comments in it. SEE ALSO
radiusd(8), radlast(1), radlist(1), radtest(1), radwatch(1), radius_attributes(1), gdbm(3) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1992-1999 Lucent Inc. All rights reserved. Copyright (C) 1999-2004 Francesco Paolo Lovergine. All rights reserved. See the LICENSE file enclosed within this software for conditions of use and distribution. This is a pure ISO BSD Open Source License . NOTES
The syntax of the source users file is not described here. Please, refer to the official Livingston documentation, which includes the RADIUS for UNIX Administrator's Guide. 1.1 Aug 25, 2004 BUILDDBM(8)