Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Awk: Version && nextfile
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk: Version && nextfile Post 45423 by google on Friday 19th of December 2003 01:32:28 PM
Old 12-19-2003
Awk: Version && nextfile

How can I find which version of Awk is installed? OpSystem is HPUX 11.x

I am getting an error when trying to use the keyword nextfile and I dont know why! (Well, I can only assume that I have am using a version of Awk that does not support nextfile. However, according to O'Reilly, nextfile is apart of the Bell Labs version of Awk - which is the version I suspect that I am using)

Error is:
awk: A statement occurred that is not valid.
The input line number is 1. The file is /dir1/dir2/dir3/file.dat
The source line number is 36.

Last edited by google; 12-19-2003 at 04:19 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the difference : SunOS & Solaris Version.

Sorry I think someone already pointed out this but I couldn't find it. Please tell me what is the difference between SunOS Version and Solaris Version. What is the purpose of maintaining these two things ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: champion
2 Replies

2. Web Development

apache2 & two php versions, how to use specific version

Hi all, I have my Debian web server, where apache2 and php 5.2.0 are installed from debian package. It worked fine, both in CLI & Browser. Recently i installed the php 5.2.9 from the source. To verify it i executed the "php --version" and it is showing 5.2.9 . But in the browser still it is... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: thegeek
19 Replies

3. SCO

SCO & Informix SE version 7

hi, I need to download Informix SE version 7 for SCO but i could'nt find the link. please if someone can send me the link. thinks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whisper
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP read large string & split in multidimensional arrays & assign fieldnames & write into MYSQL

Hi, I hope the title does not scare people to look into this thread but it describes roughly what I'm trying to do. I need a solution in PHP. I'm a programming beginner, so it might be that the approach to solve this, might be easier to solve with an other approach of someone else, so if you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
0 Replies

5. AIX

Does anyone know the version of make on AIX 5.1 & 5.3?

Could you tell me the version of default make on AIX 5.1 & 5.3? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redraiment
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace & with & xml file

Hello All I have a xml file with many sets of records like this <mytag>mydata</mytag> <tag2>data&</tag2> also same file can be like this <mytag>mydata</mytag> <tag2>data&</tag2> <tag3>data2&amp;data3</tag3> Now i can grep & and replace with &amp; for whole file but it will replace all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lokaish23
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace & sign to &amp word

Hi, I have text file abc.txt. In this file, I have the following data. Input: Mr Smith &amp Mrs Smith Mr Smith &apos Mrs Smith Mr Smith & Mrs Smith Mr Smith& Mrs Smith Mr Smith &Mrs Smith Output: Mr Smith &amp Mrs Smith Mr Smith &apos Mrs Smith Mr Smith &amp Mrs Smith Mr Smith&amp... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveed
4 Replies

8. Programming

pythonqt scriptint & orting to lower version

I am facing some problems in deploying my application for lower version of qt. Basically i want to generate scripts for my application and I have chosen pythonqt for this purpose. Pythonqt has the problem with lower version of Qt (Qt 4.5.2) and also with Higher version of Qt (Qt 4.7). So I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sujandasmahapat
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Help: quick and easy question may be: How to use &&

Hi Guru's. I am trying to use to check if $5 is greater than 80 & if not 100, then to print $0 : awk '{ if ($5>80) && if ($5 != 100) print $0} But getting error: >bdf1|sed 's/%//g'|awk '{ if ($5>80) && if ($5 != 100) print $0}' syntax error The source line is 1. The error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Shell Script Get & Delete && Upload & Delete

Hi All, Do you have any sample script, - auto get file from SFTP remote server and delete file in remove server after downloaded. - only download specify filename - auto upload file from local to SFTP remote server and delete local folder file after uploaded - only upload specify filename ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weesiong
3 Replies
DH_INSTALLINIT(1)						     Debhelper							 DH_INSTALLINIT(1)

NAME
dh_installinit - install upstart jobs or init scripts into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installinit [debhelperoptions] [--name=name] [-n] [-R] [-r] [-d] [-O] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_installinit is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing upstart job files or init scripts with associated defaults files into package build directories, and in the former case providing compatibility handling for non-upstart systems. It also automatically generates the postinst and postrm and prerm commands needed to set up the symlinks in /etc/rc*.d/ and to start and stop the init scripts. FILES
debian/package.upstart If this exists, it is installed into etc/init/package.conf in the package build directory. debian/package.init Otherwise, if this exists, it is installed into etc/init.d/package in the package build directory. debian/package.default If this exists, it is installed into etc/default/package in the package build directory. OPTIONS
-n, --noscripts Do not modify postinst/postrm/prerm scripts. -o, --onlyscripts Only modify postinst/postrm/prerm scripts, do not actually install any init script, default files, or upstart job. May be useful if the init script or upstart job is shipped and/or installed by upstream in a way that doesn't make it easy to let dh_installinit find it. If no upstart job file is installed in the target directory when dh_installinit --onlyscripts is called, this program will assume that an init script is being installed and not provide the compatibility symlinks or upstart dependencies. -R, --restart-after-upgrade Do not stop the init script until after the package upgrade has been completed. This is different than the default behavior, which stops the script in the prerm, and starts it again in the postinst. This can be useful for daemons that should not have a possibly long downtime during upgrade. But you should make sure that the daemon will not get confused by the package being upgraded while it's running before using this option. -r, --no-restart-on-upgrade Do not stop init script on upgrade. --no-start Do not start the init script on install or upgrade, or stop it on removal. Only call update-rc.d. Useful for rcS scripts. -d, --remove-d Remove trailing d from the name of the package, and use the result for the filename the upstart job file is installed as in etc/init/ , or for the filename the init script is installed as in etc/init.d and the default file is installed as in etc/default/ . This may be useful for daemons with names ending in d. (Note: this takes precedence over the --init-script parameter described below.) -uparams --update-rcd-params=params -- params Pass params to update-rc.d(8). If not specified, defaults will be passed to update-rc.d(8). --name=name Install the upstart job file or the init script (and default file) using the filename name instead of the default filename, which is the package name. When this parameter is used, dh_installinit looks for and installs files named debian/package.name.upstart, debian/package.name.init and debian/package.name.default, instead of the usual debian/package.upstart, debian/package.init and debian/package.default. --init-script=scriptname Use scriptname as the filename the init script is installed as in etc/init.d/ (and also use it as the filename for the defaults file, if it is installed). If you use this parameter, dh_installinit will look to see if a file in the debian/ directory exists that looks like package.scriptname and if so will install it as the init script in preference to the files it normally installs. This parameter is deprecated, use the --name parameter instead. This parameter will be ignored completely for upstart jobs. --upstart-only Only install an upstart job file, and do not include maintainer script code to replace an init script with that upstart job. This parameter is intended for use when the "package.upstart" file is new and only to be used on Upstart-based systems. --error-handler=function Call the named shell function if running the init script fails. The function should be provided in the prerm and postinst scripts, before the #DEBHELPER# token. NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command. Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHORS
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> Steve Langasek <steve.langasek@canonical.com> Scott James Remnant <scott@canonical.com> 8.9.0ubuntu2.1 2012-06-12 DH_INSTALLINIT(1)