Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SWAP and TMPFS on Solaris8
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SWAP and TMPFS on Solaris8 Post 4538 by andrec on Thursday 26th of July 2001 01:14:51 AM
Old 07-26-2001
Thanks for the reply. My question is more about why that the df -k will produce 2 lines about swap, instead of 1.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris8(intel)

I have just recently installed solaris8 on my box, and got two minor problems: Based on the size of partitions i should have approx 10gigs of mem., but the system registeres 0 space available on my harddrive....That problem results in a slight inability to install any apps... The second problem is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diesel
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

downloaded solaris8

i have downloaded 3 zipped solaris ver 8 07/01 installation cd and i want to ask this question: 1. what will i do to burn it? do i need to extract the file and then burn it? what? Note: Those zipped files have only one file each and it has more than 100mb plus. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rodelu
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A problme about solaris8

Hello,I have a problme when log on Solaris 8 ,screen show"DT information system do not startup".what's this.how to do it? thankx. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yeliu
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about grep on solaris8

there is -r switch for grep in linux, but in solaris 8, I found it doesn't support it. But I really need this function to rescue my sub-directories, so anybody can help me?thanks!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cooldown
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris8

What is the max file system that I can create. Is the max 2TB? I trying to connect a iscsi device and Solaris can only see 999 GB. Do I have to change sector size? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmcguinn71
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Swap config - Mirror swap or not?

Hello and thanks in advance. I have a Sun box with raid 1 on the O/S disks using solaris svm. I want to unmirror my swap partition, and add the slice on the second disk as an additional swap device. This would give me twice as much swap space. I have been warned not to do this by some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

Swap device file and swap sapce

Hi I have an integrity machine rx7620 and rx8640 running hp-ux 11.31. I'm planning to fine tune the system: - I would like to know when does the memory swap space spill over to the device swap space? - And how much % of memory swap utilization should be specified (swap space device... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.profile in solaris8

question: why is that when I created a user under solaris8, i got two lines before the login.. sample: login as: user1 user1@1.1.1.1's password: Last login: Fri Feb 25 17:00:52 2011 from 12.0.0.5 Sun Microsystems Inc. SunOS 5.8 Generic February 2000 Sun Microsystems Inc. SunOS... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tmpfs?

hi I'm just wondering, when you use tmpfs on your machines: servers & clients? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
7 Replies

10. Solaris

Explain the output of swap -s and swap -l

Hi Solaris Folks :), I need to calculate the swap usage on solaris server, please let me understand the output of below swap -s and swap -l commands. $swap -s total: 1774912k bytes allocated + 240616k reserved = 2015528k used, 14542512k available $swap -l swapfile dev swaplo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: seenuvasan1985
6 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question record SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Question; $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); DESCRIPTION
A Net::DNS::Question object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10', 'PTR', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10'); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. One or both type and class arguments may be omitted and will assume the default values shown above. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in both in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa namespaces. decode $question = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); ($question, $offset) = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); Decodes the question record at the specified location within a DNS wire-format packet. The first argument is a reference to the buffer containing the packet data. The second argument is the offset of the start of the question record. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. An exception is raised if the object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). encode $data = $question->encode( $offset, $hash ); Returns the Net::DNS::Question in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet buffer. The optional arguments are the offset within the packet data where the Net::DNS::Question is to be stored and a reference to a hash table used to index compressed names within the packet. name $name = $question->name; Internationalised domain name corresponding to the qname attribute. Decoding non-ASCII domain names is computationally expensive and undesirable for names which are likely to be used to construct further queries. When required to communicate with humans, the 'proper' domain name should be extracted from a query or reply packet. $query = new Net::DNS::Packet( $example, 'ANY' ); $reply = $resolver->send($query) or die; ($question) = $reply->question; $name = $question->name; qname, zname $qname = $question->qname; $zname = $question->zname; Canonical ASCII domain name as required for the query subject transmitted to a nameserver. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zname() and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype $qtype = $question->qtype; $ztype = $question->ztype; Returns the question type attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as ztype() and refers to the zone type. qclass, zclass $qclass = $question->qclass; $zclass = $question->zclass; Returns the question class attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zclass() and refers to the zone class. print $object->print; Prints the record to the standard output. Calls the string() method to get the string representation. string print "string = ", $question->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c)2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c)2003,2006-2011 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::DomainName, Net::DNS::Packet, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.18.2 2014-01-16 Net::DNS::Question(3)