Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: system sleep
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers system sleep Post 45332 by tamemi on Thursday 18th of December 2003 06:32:32 AM
Old 12-18-2003
thanks ,,, but where from to check on them please ??

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sleep

what is the purpose of the sleep command? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sleep under one second

If I want a script to sleep for less than a second, would I use a decimal? In other words, if I wanted my script to sleep for 1/4 of a second, would I say, SLEEP .25 ?? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scoogie
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sleep less than 1 second

Does anyone know a way to sleep less than 1 second? Sometimes when I write scripts that iterates a loop many times it would be nice to slow things down, but sometimes 1 second is too much. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjorno
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrapping 'sleep' with my 'resleep' function (Resettable sleep)

This is a very crude attempt in Bash at something that I needed but didn't seem to find in the 'sleep' command. However, I would like to be able to do it without the need for the temp file. Please go easy on me if this is already possible in some other way: How many times have you used the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sleep while i > 0

Hi, I have a script that runs a process at the beginning and I want to sleep/wait until this process is finished and then continue with the rest of the script. I am trying with this, but it is not working: process=`ps -ef | grep "proc_p01 -c" | grep -v grep | wc -l` if ; do sleep 10 done... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
7 Replies

6. BSD

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveeng
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (6 Replies)
6 Replies
sleep(3)						     Library Functions Manual							  sleep(3)

NAME
sleep - Suspends execution for an interval of time LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc.a) Threads Library (libpthreads.a) SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> unsigned int sleep ( unsigned int seconds ); STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: sleep(): XPG4, XPG4-UNIX Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. PARAMETERS
Specifies the number of seconds to sleep. DESCRIPTION
The sleep() function suspends execution of a process for the interval specified by the seconds parameter. The suspension time may be longer than requested due to the scheduling of other activity by the system. In a multi-threaded environment, the sleep() function is redefined so that only the calling thread is suspended. RETURN VALUES
If the sleep() function returns because the requested time has elapsed, it returns 0 (zero). If the sleep() function returns because it caught a signal, the function returns the number of seconds remaining in the suspension. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: wall(1), shutdown(8) sleep(1) Functions: sigaction(2), alarm(3), pause(3) Standards: standards(5) delim off sleep(3)